Peter Green - In The Skies - Expanded Edition CD, Remastered, Bonus Tracks, 2022 For Sale
Peter Green - In The Skies - Expanded Edition CD, Remastered, Bonus Tracks, 2022:
- Originally released 1979
- First ever expanded edition of Peter Green's comeback album
- 4 rare bonus tracks
- Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini
- New 2,600-word liner notes by Ralph Chapman (The Guess Who, Mountain)
- Memorabilia-packed 16-page booklet
- Founding member of Fleetwood Mac
After departing Fleetwood Mac in 1970 then disappearing from the music scene altogether shortly thereafter under a cloud of drug and mental health issues, few expected founding Fleetwood Mac guitarist Peter Green to launch a solo comeback. Yet that’s exactly what he did as the ’70s drew to a close.
In the Skieswas Green’s second solo album and first after 8 years in obscurity. At the time, Green’s brother Michael was working for PVK Records, a small boutique label set up by Peter Vernon-Kell. Introduced to Vernon-Kell by his brother, Peter Green was inspired to return to music — on his own terms.
By 1977, when the sessions forIn the Skiesbegan, the popularity of Fleetwood Mac’sRumourslineup had ignited interest in the band’s alumni as well; Bob Welch was scoring major soft-rock and disco-influenced hits accompanied by other Mac members. Green on the other hand surrounded himself with longtime friends Peter Bardens (Camel), Snowy White and members of Snowy White’s band including Kuma Harada and Reg Isidore (Robin Trower). Together they cut a modest, relaxed mix of instrumentals and vocal numbers, composed songs and jams.
In the Skiesproceeds at a leisurely pace a world away from the free-form intensity of Green’s 1970 solo debutThe End of the Gameor his early hits of Fleetwood Mac. Yet it casts a captivating, spellbinding mood and the record’s pleasures are many. Often acclaimed as Peter Green’s best solo album,In the Skiesreturns to CD remastered by Vic Anesini and presented with bonus tracks for the first time, including the rare “Apostle” b/w “Tribal Dance” single that preceded the LP release.
Ralph Chapman’s in-depth liner notes unlock the mystery behind the creation ofIn the Skiesthrough exclusive new interviews with the surviving participants in the original sessions: producer/label head Peter Vernon-Kell, guitarist Snowy White, and bass player Kuma Harada.
- 1. In the Skies
- 2. Slabo Day
- 3. A Fool No More
- 4. Tribal Dance
- 5. Seven Stars
- 6. Funky Chunk
- 7. Just for You
- 8. Proud Pinto
- 9. Apostle
- 10. Apostle (single version)
- 11. Tribal Dance (single version, first time on CD)
- 12. Slabo Day (rehearsal version)
- 13. In the Skies (rehearsal version)
- Peter Green - Vocals, Lead and Rhythm Guitars
- Snowy White - Rhythm and Lead Guitars
- Lennox Langton - Conga Drums, Bongos, Timbales and Percussion
- Kuma Harada - Bass Guitar
- Peter Bardens - Hammond Organ, Electric Piano
- Reg Isidore, Godfrey Maclean - Drums