User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sara Cover by American Idol Contestants

https://tasteofcountry.com/gabby-bar...ac-cover-sara/

Former American Idol contestants Gabby Barrett and Cade Foehner turned to YouTube to share a letter-perfect cover of the Fleetwood Mac classic, "Sara."
The newly engaged couple stick fairly close to the original arrangement, but add their own embellishments in the video above, which features Foehner playing acoustic guitar to accompany their voices. Barrett takes the first lead lines, followed by Foehner, and then they join their voices in close harmony for a haunting rendition of the song, which reached No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1980 when it was released as a single from Fleetwood Mac's Tusk album.

Stevie Nicks wrote the song, which features the kind of rich, vivid lyrical imagery that is one of her trademarks.

"Cade & I did a little cover of Sara by Stevie Nicks!" Barrett captions the song. "One of my favorite songs, with my favorite boy."

The pair initially met while competing on American Idol in 2018, where Barrett placed in the Top 3 and Foehner placed in the Top 5. Foehner proposed to Barrett in March of 2019 in the exact same room of the hotel where they first met while filming the show. The couple have not revealed their wedding plans other than to hint that their nuptials are coming soon.
In a recent interview with Taste of Country, Barrett explains that they're still working on what their first dance song will be, but they have ideas.
"I’m not sure yet," she says. "We’ve started to throw a few ideas back and forth. I’d say something Dan + Shay, he’d say something Star Wars, so we’ll see!"

Foehner will kick off his 2019 Southern Hallelujah Tour on May 30 in Baton Rouge, La. His first-ever headlining tour is named after Foehner's current single "Southern Hallelujah," and his sets will also feature other new songs from the forthcoming EP he plans to release in the fall.

Barrett is traveling the country performing at music festivals this summer to promote her new single, "I Hope." The song is a dark, vengeful breakup anthem.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not too bad ..but to give the devil her due it is a song that could only work when performed by Stevie.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele, thank you for posting this. I loved it!! Now it's time for me to download and listen forever. I usually don't like covers of FM songs right off the bat.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We're a little late to the party. The song already has over 22K views.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like it.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-29-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Meh. Not awful. But this version blandly normalizes a lovely, otherworldly original. If you take away Stevie’s studio vocal, Lyndsey’s spectacular arrangement, and a rock solid supporting trio, you have a nice, unexceptional song.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Meh. Not awful. But this version blandly normalizes a lovely, otherworldly original. If you take away Stevie’s studio vocal, Lyndsey’s spectacular arrangement, and a rock solid supporting trio, you have a nice, unexceptional song.
which ironically speaks to the musical blandness of many of Stevie's original compositions and how much what she does bring (melody, lyrics) benefits tremendously from the collaboration with more musically skilled partners.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
which ironically speaks to the musical blandness of many of Stevie's original compositions and how much what she does bring (melody, lyrics) benefits tremendously from the collaboration with more musically skilled partners.
Such as? The guy the old hag fired?

She surely must hold the title as the most narcissistic, ungrateful person who ever lived.

I will give her, that she has done a LOT, with MINIMAL talent.