The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On weekends I shower like a woman, during the week more like a man. It's all about how much energy and time I have, hehe. However, I have long hair so I have to condition it often, which isn't very manly.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Funny post, Mich! The man one is disturbingly accurate... although of course in reality we're all a combination of both to some extent. For example, I always hang my towel up and leave the bathroom in a normal state. Not the same with my sister!

Also, it doesn't mention singing in the shower! C'mon.... you know you all do it
Old 12-13-2004, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Joe!! What are you doing in Japan? What have I missed? Are you on hols?
Old 12-13-2004, 05:15 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hey Mich I'm working here for a few years, basically as an English teacher.
I am still working on a sort of website with photos etc; but I have had to give up the LiveJournal and any idea of a similar journal. When there is a website of some description I'll make sure that my sig pic links to it!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Showering takes 10-15 minutes. I don't understand women and what they're all doing in the shower. I'm one of them. Have I missed a whole section of my body that takes an extra hour to clean? Do women actually do all those things, all those cleansing things with different substances that are all actually the same chemicals? I thought only the women on the adds did that. Meh, whatever. Just don't use up my hot water.

Yes - there are a lot of different things to use.

I use a different soap to exfoliate than regular soap - because if I didn't exfoliate my skin would look dead and gross and would constantly be flaky or yeah - just gross - gotta get rid of the dead skin...

Then there's the hair - I have to wash it - and it's generally dry - so I must condition it and let the conditioner sit in my hair for AT LEAST two minutes...so in that time I usually shave or exfoliate my arms or face...depends on the day....

Then after all that I give myself a once over with a non-exfoliating cloth and some mild soap to make sure all is clean....
Old 12-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Wow, give me a bar of soap and a bit of hot water and I'm fine. I've never even 'cleansed' my face, other than with soap.

You shave your arms.....and face?

I gotta say, DrummerD, that sounded like overkill. Like your skin will be stripped of all protective natural oils.. do you use the sandblaster once you get out of the shower? Just kidding, I'm sure your routine is fine, and you sound very, very clean...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christ, I'm in and out of the bathroom in ten minutes. I rip my clothes off, hop in the shower, do my business, dry off, and get dressed. Nothing fancy.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Christ, I'm in and out of the bathroom in ten minutes. I rip my clothes off, hop in the shower, do my business, dry off, and get dressed. Nothing fancy.
That surprises me actually - I thought if anyone would have an in-depth shower regimine it'd be you...

Oh - and yeah I don't shave my arms...lol...or face - just exfoliate....

I have to with my arms every other day otherwise I get arm acne or something gross like that....and I don't want that...

It's not that invasive really....I don't use harsh soaps or cleaners - and don't even ask me about my AFTER shower rituals lol....
Old 12-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
That surprises me actually - I thought if anyone would have an in-depth shower regimine it'd be you...
Nope...it's after the shower.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Oh - and yeah I don't shave my arms...lol...or face - just exfoliate....

I have to with my arms every other day otherwise I get arm acne or something gross like that....and I don't want that...

It's not that invasive really....I don't use harsh soaps or cleaners - and don't even ask me about my AFTER shower rituals lol....
Just curious - have you ever tried leaving your skin alone with the soaps and exfoliation for a few days to see if it would work itself out? Everyone has different skin, but i'm curious cause i used to do a bunch of stuff like that, but found if I let the oils balance themselves for the most part, i had the least problems...I did have to go through a few days/week of "yuckiness" before it worked itself out though. Just curious

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Just curious - have you ever tried leaving your skin alone with the soaps and exfoliation for a few days to see if it would work itself out? Everyone has different skin, but i'm curious cause i used to do a bunch of stuff like that, but found if I let the oils balance themselves for the most part, i had the least problems...I did have to go through a few days/week of "yuckiness" before it worked itself out though. Just curious

well - I actually don't do all that much to my face anymore - I only exfoliate it maybe once or twice a week - and I moisturize like crazy - that apparently was the key - a good moisturizer - because now I've bee fine...

I have tried leaving things alone as that used to by my way of hygiene - I just didn't really care and didn' want to spend all sorts of money on stuff - so I was just a plain ole girl without all sorts of rituals and such - and that totally didn't work - so now I've got what I got - and it's working very well - I just needed some time for my skin to acclimate itself to this area....

My shower list of things to do may seem like a lot or very involved...but really it's not that bad
Old 12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well - I actually don't do all that much to my face anymore - I only exfoliate it maybe once or twice a week - and I moisturize like crazy - that apparently was the key - a good moisturizer - because now I've bee fine...

I have tried leaving things alone as that used to by my way of hygiene - I just didn't really care and didn' want to spend all sorts of money on stuff - so I was just a plain ole girl without all sorts of rituals and such - and that totally didn't work - so now I've got what I got - and it's working very well - I just needed some time for my skin to acclimate itself to this area....

My shower list of things to do may seem like a lot or very involved...but really it's not that bad
Oh, it doesn't seem that involved. I'm just suprised that people can have so much soap and stuff on their skin, and it still works out. I'm glad you found a way!

Old 12-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo
Hey Mich I'm working here for a few years, basically as an English teacher.
I am still working on a sort of website with photos etc; but I have had to give up the LiveJournal and any idea of a similar journal. When there is a website of some description I'll make sure that my sig pic links to it!
Hey Joe ..thats fab knowing your'e working there, my eldest wants to do the same in a gap year (what is it about Japan, for goodness sakes?), so keep us posted as to how your'e doing. All the best.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Oh, it doesn't seem that involved. I'm just suprised that people can have so much soap and stuff on their skin, and it still works out. I'm glad you found a way!
well I rinse it off
Old 12-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well I rinse it off
I know. But the washing action of soap dries my skin, which causes it to produce more oil, cause it thinks it's dry. I know you rinse it off!