The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will the Mac tour in 2012 or record a new album first?
I predict they will tour in 2012 19 40.43%
I predict they will record a new album before touring 28 59.57%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That's the thing, though... do spotlight hogs Buckingham and Nicks really want her back? Do you think they'll even try after her bowing out of Say You Will? Lindsey kept using the saying "burned bridges" after Say You Will after all.
But she wouldn't be on stage with them, unless they did one DVD taping. Other than that, they wouldn't be touring with her, so they could both have the stage spotlight still. However, in the imaginary world where Christine returned for a tour, Stevie would easily concede part of her set to Christine and Lindsey wouldn't have to. Christine never got in the way of Lindsey having a 16 minute Not That Funny, if that is what he wanted. And I think she actually likes being there for ISA.

Ha. He does like to say she burned her bridges. He is obsessed with saying that. It's not even natural. And in 2003-2004 he loved to say 30% more testosterone with her gone. But the way he took jabs at Christine back then made me think he RESENTED her not being there, more than he rejoiced in it.

Michele
Old 05-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't see Chris coming back for a tour. I just don't think she's into it anymore. I think she earned her nice retirement. Not sure how she's feels about studio work. I'm also really not into another Mac album without Chris. Cause SYW was NOT a Mac album.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But she wouldn't be on stage with them, unless they did one DVD taping. Other than that, they wouldn't be touring with her, so they could both have the stage spotlight still. However, in the imaginary world where Christine returned for a tour, Stevie would easily concede part of her set to Christine and Lindsey wouldn't have to. Christine never got in the way of Lindsey having a 16 minute Not That Funny, if that is what he wanted. And I think she actually likes being there for ISA.

Ha. He does like to say she burned her bridges. He is obsessed with saying that. It's not even natural. And in 2003-2004 he loved to say 30% more testosterone with her gone. But the way he took jabs at Christine back then made me think he RESENTED her not being there, more than he rejoiced in it.

Michele
There was also that comment about how they had to wait 25 years to do what they really wanted to do.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
There was also that comment about how they had to wait 25 years to do what they really wanted to do.
Yes, I suspect and I accept and I applaud that THAT is and will be the artistic impetus for the Mac going forward.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Junior Ledgie

I am sure it will really happen, both, an album and a tour. But, will it be their last?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
I really don't see Chris coming back for a tour. I just don't think she's into it anymore. I think she earned her nice retirement. Not sure how she's feels about studio work. I'm also really not into another Mac album without Chris. Cause SYW was NOT a Mac album.

Mick
I am really curious to know what it is you don't like about SYW.

You are such a Lindsey fan, like me, and I really think Lindsey shines on SYW - it is up there among my favourite FM albums (but only because of his stuff on it). Is it the absence of Christine, or Stevie's songs you don't like?

What do you feel about Lindsey's songs on SYW? Would you have felt any different if it was just his stuff on a solo album?

As I said, just curious is all!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I am really curious to know what it is you don't like about SYW.

You are such a Lindsey fan, like me, and I really think Lindsey shines on SYW - it is up there among my favourite FM albums (but only because of his stuff on it). Is it the absence of Christine, or Stevie's songs you don't like?

What do you feel about Lindsey's songs on SYW? Would you have felt any different if it was just his stuff on a solo album?

As I said, just curious is all!

My Problem with SYW...is it's not a Mac Album. It's 2 solo albums mushed together. The Lindsey songs....while brilliant are just taken from the GOS bootleg with Stevie's vocals pasted in. There's none of the Mac magic. It just so lazy and half assed. I know that's harsh. at the time it was released, I felt, as a fan, slapped in the face. That whole project made me just angry. it's sitting on my shelf. untouched going on 3 years now. Oh and stevie was just poop on that record.....for the most part. lol

Hoped that helped

Mick

-Tom Waits

Last edited by bluefox4000; 05-16-2011 at 09:52 AM..
Old 05-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My Problem with SYW...is it's not a Mac Album. It's 2 solo albums mushed together. The Lindsey songs....while brilliant are just taken from the GOS bootleg with Stevie's vocals pasted in. There's none of the Mac magic. It just so lazy and half assed. I know that's harsh. at the time it was released, I felt, as a fan, slapped in the face. That whole project made me just angry. it's sitting on my shelf. untouched going on 3 years now. Oh and stevie was just poop on that record.....for the most part. lol

Hoped that helped

Mick
I do kind of get what you're saying - for me, Lindsey can do no wrong and I too think his songs on SYW are brilliant, but yes they could just as easily have been a great solo album.

And I agree that Stevie was, well, underwhelming to say the least - although I do have a soft spot for the Say You Will track. Like yourself, I am not a solo Stevie fan!!!

But I still think there was some Mac magic with the songs done live - they do give me goosebumps when I watch LiB.

Thanks for sharing your opinions
Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I do kind of get what you're saying - for me, Lindsey can do no wrong and I too think his songs on SYW are brilliant, but yes they could just as easily have been a great solo album.

And I agree that Stevie was, well, underwhelming to say the least - although I do have a soft spot for the Say You Will track. Like yourself, I am not a solo Stevie fan!!!

But I still think there was some Mac magic with the songs done live - they do give me goosebumps when I watch LiB.

Thanks for sharing your opinions

I agree there. The first time I saw Linds do come..i swear I nearly had a heart Attack

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
Maybe they should just complete the circle with the final album: 'Truths'.
If they were to "complete the circle", they'd have to go back to that same London alley & find a "dog & dustbin".
Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree there. The first time I saw Linds do come..i swear I nearly had a heart Attack

Mick
I always have to rewind to watch that again!

I'm going to have to watch LiB tonight now
Old 05-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Although I don't think she would like them calling themselves FM, if they were alone. If they called themselves "The Men of Mac" that would work.
Hmmmm...I don't see "Nicks" anywhere in the name "Fleetwood Mac"; don't think she has a say in what the band's name is...like it or not. If Stevie were to quit and Mick, John & Lindsey carry on, let's see...Drummer is Mick FLEETWOOD and the bass player is John McVie...therefore, they still have the right to call the band "Fleetwood Mac". There was a "Fleetwood Mac" before her, there was a "Fleetwood Mac" without her, and as long as Mick & John agree to use the name, then ANYONE they get with them as rhythm section could legitimately be called "Fleetwood Mac".
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Hmmmm...I don't see "Nicks" anywhere in the name "Fleetwood Mac"; don't think she has a say in what the band's name is...like it or not.
You may be right. I never said that Stevie had the legal right to bar use of the name. I wouldn't know if she has a legal claim to "Fleetwood Mac". IWe can't say what their contractual obligations are these days and if they've changed since Stevie was out of the band in the early nineties, when Mick and John still clearly owned the name and used it accordingly. They may have entered new agreements since then.

However, legal restrictions aside, I think that not only would Stevie appreciate it if John, Mick and Lindsey didn't call their group "Fleetwood Mac" but the FANS would like that too, to avoid confusion, as would the promoters, etc.

Michele