The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will the Mac tour in 2012 or record a new album first?
I predict they will tour in 2012 19 40.43%
I predict they will record a new album before touring 28 59.57%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Prediction: New Tour or New Album?

Will the Mac go on tour or record an album first?

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...7058&GT1=28102

She tells Perez Hilton, "When [my new] album and Lindsey's album come to a stop then Fleetwood Mac will gather again and we'll either make another record or we won't and we'll just go on tour."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I meant to put this in the Rumours thread.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted they will tour first. The money talks louder than the art, unfortunately.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to be an optimist. And go for Album. I think it's definitely on Stevie's mind; why else would she have wanted Lindsey to save all those amazing songs for Fleetwood Mac? I think working with Dave has both given her a creative bug, and a hunger to make more, and also it's showed her that making an album doesn't have to be a tedious, awful, depressing experience; and they can actually go and have fun.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm going to be an optimist. And go for Album. I think it's definitely on Stevie's mind; why else would she have wanted Lindsey to save all those amazing songs for Fleetwood Mac? I think working with Dave has both given her a creative bug, and a hunger to make more, and also it's showed her that making an album doesn't have to be a tedious, awful, depressing experience; and they can actually go and have fun.
I hope you're right!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They should do an album but it takes them so damned long that I think they will just go out and tour. There is no way they could do an album and tour in the same year...an album next year would push a tour to 2013 at the earliest.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
They should do an album but it takes them so damned long that I think they will just go out and tour. There is no way they could do an album and tour in the same year...an album next year would push a tour to 2013 at the earliest.
I wouldn't mind waiting.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The problem is their age. They cancelled a few shows the last tour...that will not get better as they get older. Without Christine, Stevie has a lot more singing to do with FM and her voice just isn't built for that any more. I'd wait longer too if Christine would commit.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My guess is they'll make another album first. They've already done the cash grab with the Unleashed tour. They said they needed to play some shows live to see if they can stomach working together again. Now they've done that, and everyone made it out alive.

Not to mention Stevie and Lindsey both say that after working together on the song Soldier's Angel from Stevie's latest album, that they are closer than ever. I think that alone is a good indication we'll see a new album first. S&L enjoyed working together on the song greatly. Stevie said she just had the time of her life recording new material for her latest solo album, and doesn't care if it sells. She seems to be in the right mind frame. I think she's the one who this project hinges on.

Lindsey now fully admits he'll do the Fleetwood Mac thing anytime to subsidize his solo works. Mick & John just like playing, period. It all depends on if Stevie's happy coming off her In Your Dreams stint. If she's still creatively charged and optimistic, we'll get another album. And I'm hoping this will be the case.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i never saw FM live, and wouldn't mind seeing them tour sooner rather than later, but i really hope next year will not be a recap of 2009 (tour but no album).

so for me personally, it would be ideal if they start working on the new album, take a few months to tour (fall 2012 could work), and then continue working on the album - since it takes them so long. so i won't vote, b/c they should do both at the same time!

maybe w/ DS at the helm / keeping peace in the house they can finish new album in a year? and we get tweet-updates about it as it's going on...

anyway, i don't want any of that to start too soon - i'd like LB to have a nice proper tour for SWS first, not just a quicky 2-month mini-tour like for GOS, cut short b/c of Unleashed.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
maybe w/ DS at the helm / keeping peace in the house they can finish new album in a year? and we get tweet-updates about it as it's going on...
I would like to see this, but I can't imagine Lindsey relinquishing complete control over the creative process.

I really liked Say You Will - I probably reach for it and Tusk more than all of the other s combined - so I would love to have another "mature" album of real material, sans filler songs. They both seem to be in the groove to produce that at this point. I didn't bother with the Unleashed tour, and I won't bother with another cash grab - even if they dust off one or two old gems.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmx View Post
I would like to see this, but I can't imagine Lindsey relinquishing complete control over the creative process.

I really liked Say You Will - I probably reach for it and Tusk more than all of the other s combined - so I would love to have another "mature" album of real material, sans filler songs. They both seem to be in the groove to produce that at this point.
i don't think LB would need to relinquish most of the creative process control; i'm envisioning it as DS/LB producing team, somewhat like it used to be KC/RD/LB. DS seems like the kind of person who knows how to get people to actually enjoy working together, and how far he can push (or maybe i'm just way too optimistic). when i read SN's words about her current "incredible peace" with LB after recording SA, i see DS's hand in that. Dave was there for that recording, remember? he produced it, and filmed the whole thing apparently.

i liked SYW too. you and i are apparently few of the rare people here who do.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmx View Post
Lindsey has said some in the past few years that if there were to be another FM record, that somebody else would have to take over production duties. That he has a family, and he can't give the amount of time which production would entail.

For what it's worth, I can't see him actually holding to that, though. He likes creative control too much. He may start out being okay with an outside producer, but I'm guessing the album wouldn't end that way. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, though. He's started saying a lot recently that he will always go back to FM to subsidize his solo career, even if it's just to tour with them. Maybe he's finally become more pragmatic in his approach to the band?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

For what it's worth
Pun or no pun?

I voted new album. I think both Stevie and Lindsey have their creative juices flowing again, which will spill over into fantastic new songs they want to share. Maybe they should just complete the circle with the final album: 'Truths'.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Right now, for Stevie, it's all about momentum. If Fleetwood Mac can have an album out this time next year that's great. However if they wait 5 years(The Dance until Say You Will) that creative momentum will be lost as will the desire of FM/Stevie fans and the buying public in general.

I do, though, find it strange that Stevie and Lindsey have remained busy since Say You Will. I don't know exactly what Mick and John have been doing.

They should definitely bring in a producer and consider adding a new member or something along those lines.

And since this is the Fleetwood Mac forum and not the Stevie forum...If Mick, John, and Lindsey want another Fleetwood Mac they should do it, regardless of what Stevie wants.