The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who is your favorite female member of Fleetwood Mac?
Stevie Nicks 39 58.21%
Christine McVie 22 32.84%
Bekka Bramlett 3 4.48%
I can't decide/I have no preference 1 1.49%
Can I vote for Lindsey? He has a girls' name and sounds like one too 0 0%
Screw the ladies of the Mac, I wanna vote for a different rocker chick 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I think Madame Wong merits inclusion more than Bekka Bramlett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The lady of the Mac whose numbers just can't compete at all is Bekka. She basically did 1 year of hard time, had no charted singles, and the album itself didn't chart in the US either. Hell, she only recorded THREE SONGS released by Fleetwood Mac. So anyone who choses her as a favorite is nothing more than a contrarian in my eyes.
I don't give a flying F*** if I was the only person to buy Time, go see them in '94 in concert, and how long or how many songs she recorded or when. She's my favorite. All you Bekka-bashers can go to hell...directly, do not pass "go".
Old 12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sorry stevie, i love you but i have to go with christine mcvie, please dont defan me thanks!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I got another one for you: Sublime wasn't around for that long, had only 3 albums and broke up when Brad Nowell died, but the music was good.

As for me, like I said, Chris and Stevie are far too different to be compared, and both wonderful in their own way

Joy Division counts too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
So why make a poll where comparison is inevitable?
Hehe, good question. Georgie, you seem to be more diplomatic than before .

Cassie, i don't blame you for asking this question, i'm blaming people who are, somehow, actually not answering it.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Joy Division counts too ?

Hehe, good question. Georgie, you seem to be more diplomatic than before .

Cassie, i don't blame you for asking this question, i'm blaming people who are, somehow, actually not answering it.
Yeah Tatjana, Joy Division too, but I have been meaning to listen to 'em

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I don't give a flying F*** if I was the only person to buy Time, go see them in '94 in concert, and how long or how many songs she recorded or when. She's my favorite. All you Bekka-bashers can go to hell...directly, do not pass "go".
Right on, Steve!!!!
SO MANY of the people here, only care about popularity contests.....who sold the most, who was in the band the longest, who spins around like a drunken sailor the best.
I couldn't give two sh*ts about who's popular. My own taste is just that.
When I saw Bekka sing Dreaming the Dream, I became an instant fan. And I'll always regret, that that incarnation of the band, wasn't really given the chance to get legs.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I get that you like the woman, and that's completely fine. But maybe these so called "Bekka Bashers" just don't like her music? You ever think that instead of a personal attack on somebody they deem inferior to the brand, she just doesn't do it for them? She doesn't for me, and I'm not about to apologise for that. It isn't a popularity contest. Just a matter of personal taste. We're not all meant to like the same people. Some people may just take it as a popularity contest, and more fool them, but don't generalise and group us all together. Bad things happen when people generalise.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I get that you like the woman, and that's completely fine. But maybe these so called "Bekka Bashers" just don't like her music? You ever think that instead of a personal attack on somebody they deem inferior to the brand, she just doesn't do it for them? She doesn't for me, and I'm not about to apologise for that. It isn't a popularity contest. Just a matter of personal taste. We're not all meant to like the same people. Some people may just take it as a popularity contest, and more fool them, but don't generalise and group us all together. Bad things happen when people generalise.
Congratulations, Bee. You have just won the Post of the Year Award

Anyways, you hit the nail right on the head! We all have different opinions on different things. For example, I think Robert Plant is probably the greatest lead singer ever, while my dad can only take his voice in doses. On the flip side, I absolutely hate rap, but my friend Sam loves it. On Bekka, I don't think she's inferior or anything, I just don't like her music, plain and simple. Besides, if we didn't have opinions and just agreed on everything, the world would be a very boring place.

You can add me on Facebook

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 12-20-2010 at 05:36 PM..
Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly though, I don't bash Bekka because she's not Stevie or Christine, or was only with Fleetwood Mac for a nanosecond, I don't like her music because I don't like her music. I'm not trying to start something by saying her music sucks to me, it's just what it is. There's Stevie songs I think suck, I can think of at least 3

edit: It's cool that you like Bekka, that's totally alright, but don't tell us to go to hell because we hate her I don't like how this is going..

Last edited by TerraRhiannon; 12-20-2010 at 05:37 PM..
Old 12-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Whoah, that's highly subjective. I can think of tons of AMAZING pre-'75 Christine songs I *ADORE* . Why, Prove Your Love, Did You Ever Love Me, Dissatisfied, Come A Little Bit Closer, Believe Me, Keep On Going, The Way I Feel, et al. There may not be any big mega hits amongst these, but they're very, very high quality tunes to my ears.
Again, I love me some pre-Rumours Christine. But there is nothing of hers from that era that gets played on the radio or has survived as a "classic." There isn't a "Don't Stop" or even a "Songbird" from that era that a casual FM fan would know about, let alone remember. I am sure some of those songs got played on the radio back when they were new, but none seem to have made much of an impact beyond that.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Junior Ledgie

No contest for me. Stevie's voice is what got me into the Mac, whereas I skip Christine's songs everytime I listen to my Mac records. Not to belittle her contribution to the band's success because her keyboard playing was an integral part of the band's sound, but I don't think I've ever listened to a song of Christine's all the way through, unless Stevie was singing backup. I prefer Stevie's emotive "broken glass dipped in honey" type of voice to the smoothness of Christine's voice. Stevie's brilliant at conveying emotion with the tone of her voice, whereas Christine's voice just puts me to sleep. For me it's more or less like this: If I heard one Christine song, I've heard them all. They all sound the same to me. With Stevie you never know what to expect because no two of her live performances sound the same. Plus, I've always been mesmerized by Stevie's stage presence. I don't go for the whole fairy queen gimmick, but she's so tiny and yet she commands my attention in a way that makes it impossible for me to concentrate on anybody but her. She knows how to fill all that empty space on that big stage, and she makes it look effortless.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:28 PM
SuperFleetwood
This message has been deleted by SuperFleetwood.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
YEAHH CHILID!!!!!!
Wow...erm. Inside voice maybe?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lmfao ^ Stevie needs to put more a** in her songs, Rob, what?? Lololol
Old 12-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thats why i delete it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Wow...erm. Inside voice maybe?

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

please Please Please I Didnt Mean It Like That Please Please Forgive Me Ledgies!!!!

SuperFleetwood