The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who is your favorite female member of Fleetwood Mac?
Stevie Nicks 39 58.21%
Christine McVie 22 32.84%
Bekka Bramlett 3 4.48%
I can't decide/I have no preference 1 1.49%
Can I vote for Lindsey? He has a girls' name and sounds like one too 0 0%
Screw the ladies of the Mac, I wanna vote for a different rocker chick 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Yep, exactly!

Time Christine spent releasing good music: 37 years (1967-2004)
Time Stevie spent releasing good music: 14 years (1973-1987)
This is just mean. We were asked to answer one question : What is our favorite "lady of the Mac". I prefer Stevie's songs, that's all, and i'm not searching for any objective reasons (longevity, songs quality, whatever...).
Old 12-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
This is just mean. We were asked to answer one question : What is our favorite "lady of the Mac". I prefer Stevie's songs, that's all, and i'm not searching for any objective reasons (longevity, songs quality, whatever...).
No, it's a harsh reality.

I hate these polls. They just encourage bashing (and bring out the worst in me as well as others)

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 12-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
True. I wouldn't give a flying poop if Stevie spent 3.4 years making music. She's my 'favorite'. But I still adore Christine in every way possible♥
Old 12-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
No, it's a harsh reality.

I hate these polls. They just encourage bashing (and bring out the worst in me as well as others)
Exactly what i was thinking too. Hate them. And this one is a particulary bad one.
Yeah, but the only thing we need to read here is your opinion. And saying a reality (that i don't believe is true) is kind of inappropriate.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, exactly!

Oh ok, you're going by personal opinion. Because Stevie spent from 1973-2004 making good music. NOW WHAT
Old 12-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Oh ok, you're going by personal opinion. Because Stevie spent from 1973-2004 making good music. NOW WHAT
So are you Dilemma!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So are you Dilemma!
I know, I was saying my opinion is right., but I'm only kidding :P

Not
Old 12-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Folks, the only reason I made this poll was as a redo of a previous one that caused this huge war all cause I never knew Bekka Bramlett was ever a member of the Mac.

Anyways, about that longevity stuff, I find the number of years you spend in the music business to be like your age: it's a number that, at the end of the day, doesn't make any damn difference. You could spend a zillion years in the biz and have made awful music just as easily as you could've only spent a few years and made some killer stuff. Even though Chris has spent longer in the biz than Stevie has, they are simply too different to be compared, and I personally find both to be great in their own way.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You're undoubtedly right. But I think this kind of heated discussion really does serve a purpose, though. People bring out hard numbers and indisputable facts for these debates. I think there is healthy fact exchange to go along with the emotional head butting. I know I've learned so much by being bashed over the head from the likes of people such as ChiliD. These debates challenge folks to expand their horizons and give other iterations and members of this band at least a fair listen.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
My point was not to confuse productivity with longevity. My point was that She got more done in the same amount of time actually. After all. She was five years on Stevie when she left after The Dance. And, as far as I'm concerned, Stevie's tenure ends with Say You Will--until a new album comes out. Say You Will came out five years after The Dance. Their tenures are tied. And one of them was more productive. Still, I voted for Stevie. She still gives me hope.
I dispute this solely because Stevie toured with Fleetwood Mac in 2009. Christine's last appearance with Fleetwood Mac was in 1998. To me, Stevie Nicks is still an active, though currently non-recording, member of Fleetwood Mac. We can spin the numbers a thousand different ways to support our own conclusions, it's all semantics in the end. I know Stevie in no way stacks up to Christine. But that'll never change the fact she will always be my emotional favorite as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
You could spend a zillion years in the biz and have made awful music just as easily as you could've only spent a few years and made some killer stuff.
True dat. Duran Duran were around for quite awhile, and they're the first to admit that their records weren't much cop. And Jeff Buckley's career ended so prematurely on a , quite frankly, masterpiece of an album. Same could be said for Nick Drake. Four Non Blondes had a pretty great thing going too with Bigger, Better, Faster, More...though that's a controversial viewpoint as I don't know many people who think of Linda Perry as anything more than a Highland Yodeller

Although having voted for Chris, I'm still not quite sure between Stevie and Chris who I would ultimately prefer. Stevie was my gateway into the world of Mac, and I love some of her solo work. But Chris has an integrity and skill that I admire whole heartedly. I don't know. Maybe if they could coagulate in some form into some wonderful mesh of their talents....oh wait. That's Fleetwood Mac lol.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
True dat. Duran Duran were around for quite awhile, and they're the first to admit that their records weren't much cop. And Jeff Buckley's career ended so prematurely on a , quite frankly, masterpiece of an album. Same could be said for Nick Drake.

Although having voted for Chris, I'm still not quite sure between Stevie and Chris who I would ultimately prefer. Stevie was my gateway into the world of Mac, and I love some of her solo work. But Chris has an integrity and skill that I admire whole heartedly. I don't know. Maybe if they could coagulate in some form into some wonderful mesh of their talents....oh wait. That's Fleetwood Mac lol.
I got another one for you: Sublime wasn't around for that long, had only 3 albums and broke up when Brad Nowell died, but the music was good.

As for me, like I said, Chris and Stevie are far too different to be compared, and both wonderful in their own way

Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, exactly!

I agree with this, although I'd have a shorter period for Stevie. 1973-1983(isn't that when WH was released?). Rock a Little was okay, but it was absolutely the beginning of the end, quality wise.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I got another one for you: Sublime wasn't around for that long, had only 3 albums and broke up when Brad Nowell died, but the music was good.

As for me, like I said, Chris and Stevie are far too different to be compared, and both wonderful in their own way
So why make a poll where comparison is inevitable?

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 12-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So why make a poll where comparison is inevitable?
Um, I was just bored and I decided to do a redo of something I made a big mistake on in the past. Besides, I guess part of the reason why I make so many polls maybe has to do with my business specialization being marketing getting to other parts of my life