User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
I'm not a huge episodic or dramatic tv watcher on a regular basis, but the one show that I saw a preview for that looked really good is "Smith" with Ray Liotta & Virginia Madsen. It looked excellent from the preview.

On the surface, Bobby Stevens (Ray Liotta) is a family man with a regular job. In reality, he is a criminal mastermind who pulls off elaborate heists with a crack crew of criminals.
I may try this one too. I love Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen, so it could be a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
Detailed = psychotic, Paula.

I do still have it on Tivo- I also have five hours of Arrested Development stored from February, even though I actually now own them all on DVD. I love that Tivo.

I did steadfastly refuse to watch, let alone record, any of the repeats of last year's episodes over the summer.

Psychotic, schmycotic. Tivo friggin' rules. I want to change from cable to the dish, but I've been putting it off. The dish's DVR is about half the price of Tivo, but how the hell am I supposed to actually make the switch without missing anything? Something's bound to fall through the cracks during this process. Argh!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Paula - you must have read my mind, cause I had planned a thread like this. lol.

anyway, I'm really anticipating Dancing with the Stars, Nip Tuck and that's about it I guess. I want to watch the first season of Rome before the new one starts in January.

is ANTM coming up soon or something? I haven't heard.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
Paula - you must have read my mind, cause I had planned a thread like this. lol.

anyway, I'm really anticipating Dancing with the Stars, Nip Tuck and that's about it I guess. I want to watch the first season of Rome before the new one starts in January.

is ANTM coming up soon or something? I haven't heard.
I saw a commercial for it the other day with a few of the new girls talking, you know how they do. I think it's Sept 20th. That's my understanding. ANTM!!!!

I still hate Tyra, though.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Why do you hate Tyra? I think she's stunning. And funny - kind of a goofball. Ever hear Kathy Griffin make fun of her though? So spot on.

I think that they're running encores of ANTM on another day every week. If I understood the TV Guide correctly. So you may have 2 chances to watch.

I watched Men in Trees last night & was pleasantly surprised. It's the Anne Heche show, where she moves to Alaska. Witty, fun, she's actually likeable and there's a hot guy in it. OH! And John Amos from Good Times is in it too!
Old 09-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I still hate Tyra, though.
i do, too.

ok, i'm excited about ...

law & order: svu (team mariska!)
house
the office
top chef

and i've recently started watching dr. phil ...
Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ Why do you hate Tyra? I think she's stunning. And funny - kind of a goofball. Ever hear Kathy Griffin make fun of her though? So spot on.

I think that they're running encores of ANTM on another day every week. If I understood the TV Guide correctly. So you may have 2 chances to watch.

I watched Men in Trees last night & was pleasantly surprised. It's the Anne Heche show, where she moves to Alaska. Witty, fun, she's actually likeable and there's a hot guy in it. OH! And John Amos from Good Times is in it too!

SONOFA!!!

DId that premier last night. It's official - I'm already way behind and probably will end up watching nothing

I hate this...I just can't keep straight when things are on!!
Old 09-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
SONOFA!!!

DId that premier last night. It's official - I'm already way behind and probably will end up watching nothing

I hate this...I just can't keep straight when things are on!!
It was a "sneak preview"- it's regularly on on Fridays and I believe this Friday they will show the pilot again as well as the next episode.

Now if you forget that, there's nothing I can do. You're screwed, etc.

I Tivo'd it but I haven't watched it yet.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
It was a "sneak preview"- it's regularly on on Fridays and I believe this Friday they will show the pilot again as well as the next episode.

Now if you forget that, there's nothing I can do. You're screwed, etc.

I Tivo'd it but I haven't watched it yet.
Ok..thanks...I'm going to actually take time tonight to looks at shows I'm interested in and WRITE DOWN when they're on. Otherwise - I just won't watch.

As long as I don't miss the season premiere of Desperate Housewives I'll be ok.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most excited about:

Nip/Tuck
Survivor
Amazing Race
The Office
My Name is Earl
Desperate Housewives
ER
Simpsons
Family Guy
Old 09-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I think she is really, really phony, and she pretends to be nice and understand emotions, but she clearly does not. It makes me sick when she has those talk sessions with the models one on one. God, she's phony. I just think she is really lame. I don't think she is funny at all, and I think she is often wrong when she talks about the model's personalities. She really, really rubs me the wrong way.
I do think she is pretty, however.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she is really, really phony, and she pretends to be nice and understand emotions, but she clearly does not. It makes me sick when she has those talk sessions with the models one on one. God, she's phony. I just think she is really lame. I don't think she is funny at all, and I think she is often wrong when she talks about the model's personalities. She really, really rubs me the wrong way.
i don't think she's that pretty ... and her wigs freak me out.

i hate seeing the commercials for her talk show. they make me gag.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't watch Gilmore Girls last season but have caught quite a few reruns over the summer. I watched 2 last night, the ones where Lorelei makes her toast at Lane's wedding and she gets in trouble with April's mother for taking over the birthday party.

Luke seems so uptight and stuff I think I would like Lorelei with Christopher better. (ducking) But I haven't even seen seasons 4 and 5 yet either to see how they built their relationship. If I had I imagine watching it crumble would kill me.

It seems contrived that April's mother would be so furious about that party, like the writers had to come up with something to keep L & L apart. Why couldn't they just make them happy and have all the drama surround Rory which would be more appropriate anyway given her age?

Last night they showed the previews of the season premiere where Lorelei says, "I slept with Christopher." It seems desperate on their part to put that in, like they have to give that part of the plot away to hook us.

I am totally looking forward to the SP of Grey's. Like, with an embarrassingly high amount of anticipation.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Ok..thanks...I'm going to actually take time tonight to looks at shows I'm interested in and WRITE DOWN when they're on. Otherwise - I just won't watch.

As long as I don't miss the season premiere of Desperate Housewives I'll be ok.
Get this week's TV Guide. It has write ups on most of the new shows & gives their schedules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Most excited about:

Amazing Race
I can't believe I forgot to mention this. I love this show. Premieres this Sunday night, I believe. I'll have to start a thread.

Quote:
I don't disagree with you. I actually think it's funny that one minute she's acting very serious & smart, then she's all goofy & down to earth. Mark thinks her forehead is too large, therefore he hates her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I didn't watch Gilmore Girls last season but have caught quite a few reruns over the summer. I watched 2 last night, the ones where Lorelei makes her toast at Lane's wedding and she gets in trouble with April's mother for taking over the birthday party.

Luke seems so uptight and stuff I think I would like Lorelei with Christopher better. (ducking) But I haven't even seen seasons 4 and 5 yet either to see how they built their relationship. If I had I imagine watching it crumble would kill me.

It seems contrived that April's mother would be so furious about that party, like the writers had to come up with something to keep L & L apart. Why couldn't they just make them happy and have all the drama surround Rory which would be more appropriate anyway given her age?

Last night they showed the previews of the season premiere where Lorelei says, "I slept with Christopher." It seems desperate on their part to put that in, like they have to give that part of the plot away to hook us.

I am totally looking forward to the SP of Grey's. Like, with an embarrassingly high amount of anticipation.
Well, then, there it is. My last hope of finding out that they didn't actually sleep together goes up in flames. I want L&L together. Chris is an irresponsible punk. Their time together has passed. Whaaaaaaaaa!

I agree with you about the writing. Why would someone get so pissed that Lorelai helped at a party for their daughter? She's not new to Luke's life or anything. It just seemed really unrealistic to me. That and the fact that Luke refused to take a stand & defend her. Grrr...
Old 09-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Get this week's TV Guide. It has write ups on most of the new shows & gives their schedules.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this. I love this show. Premieres this Sunday night, I believe. I'll have to start a thread.

I don't disagree with you. I actually think it's funny that one minute she's acting very serious & smart, then she's all goofy & down to earth. Mark thinks her forehead is too large, therefore he hates her.

Well, then, there it is. My last hope of finding out that they didn't actually sleep together goes up in flames. I want L&L together. Chris is an irresponsible punk. Their time together has passed. Whaaaaaaaaa!

I agree with you about the writing. Why would someone get so pissed that Lorelai helped at a party for their daughter? She's not new to Luke's life or anything. It just seemed really unrealistic to me. That and the fact that Luke refused to take a stand & defend her. Grrr...
Oh Chris is still irresponsible? I thought he grew out of that. Oh then screw him, I want Luke to forgive her!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Oh Chris is still irresponsible? I thought he grew out of that. Oh then screw him, I want Luke to forgive her!
He's faux responsible. He inherited a **** ton of money from his father and so now he really just has money but is the same tool as always.

Luke and Lorelai... I just... the way they've handled the relationship since they started dating is not something I've been happy with. If you go back to episodes in the first season like Love and War and Snow and see how much he truly did PINE for her... those episodes, and a lot of Season 2, show just how much chemistry they had. I just don't like that all of a sudden Luke GETS the girl, he wins her! and he turns into a total ass. He's always been a somewhat clueless guy, and he gets ranty, but he has a heart and is not stupid. The Luke of Seasons 1-4 would never ignore Lorelai the way he did this year, kid or no.

I've read reports that Scott Patterson & Lauren Graham do NOT get along. Some speculate that that's where a lot of the weirdness on the show comes from. I dunno. I just find it really depressing.

In other news- Target is currently selling all of the seasons for $18.99 a piece. I think the sale is on until Sunday, when the new circular is out. That sale also extends to Arrested Development Season 1, Firefly, Veronica Mars Season 1, and 24 Season 1 among others- ALL shows I wish everyone would watch.