The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't watch Gilmore Girls last season but have caught quite a few reruns over the summer. I watched 2 last night, the ones where Lorelei makes her toast at Lane's wedding and she gets in trouble with April's mother for taking over the birthday party.

Luke seems so uptight and stuff I think I would like Lorelei with Christopher better. (ducking) But I haven't even seen seasons 4 and 5 yet either to see how they built their relationship. If I had I imagine watching it crumble would kill me.

It seems contrived that April's mother would be so furious about that party, like the writers had to come up with something to keep L & L apart. Why couldn't they just make them happy and have all the drama surround Rory which would be more appropriate anyway given her age?

Last night they showed the previews of the season premiere where Lorelei says, "I slept with Christopher." It seems desperate on their part to put that in, like they have to give that part of the plot away to hook us.

I am totally looking forward to the SP of Grey's. Like, with an embarrassingly high amount of anticipation.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Ok..thanks...I'm going to actually take time tonight to looks at shows I'm interested in and WRITE DOWN when they're on. Otherwise - I just won't watch.

As long as I don't miss the season premiere of Desperate Housewives I'll be ok.
Get this week's TV Guide. It has write ups on most of the new shows & gives their schedules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Most excited about:

Amazing Race
I can't believe I forgot to mention this. I love this show. Premieres this Sunday night, I believe. I'll have to start a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I think she is really, really phony, and she pretends to be nice and understand emotions, but she clearly does not. It makes me sick when she has those talk sessions with the models one on one. God, she's phony. I just think she is really lame. I don't think she is funny at all, and I think she is often wrong when she talks about the model's personalities. She really, really rubs me the wrong way.
I do think she is pretty, however.
I don't disagree with you. I actually think it's funny that one minute she's acting very serious & smart, then she's all goofy & down to earth. Mark thinks her forehead is too large, therefore he hates her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I didn't watch Gilmore Girls last season but have caught quite a few reruns over the summer. I watched 2 last night, the ones where Lorelei makes her toast at Lane's wedding and she gets in trouble with April's mother for taking over the birthday party.

Luke seems so uptight and stuff I think I would like Lorelei with Christopher better. (ducking) But I haven't even seen seasons 4 and 5 yet either to see how they built their relationship. If I had I imagine watching it crumble would kill me.

It seems contrived that April's mother would be so furious about that party, like the writers had to come up with something to keep L & L apart. Why couldn't they just make them happy and have all the drama surround Rory which would be more appropriate anyway given her age?

Last night they showed the previews of the season premiere where Lorelei says, "I slept with Christopher." It seems desperate on their part to put that in, like they have to give that part of the plot away to hook us.

I am totally looking forward to the SP of Grey's. Like, with an embarrassingly high amount of anticipation.
Well, then, there it is. My last hope of finding out that they didn't actually sleep together goes up in flames. I want L&L together. Chris is an irresponsible punk. Their time together has passed. Whaaaaaaaaa!

I agree with you about the writing. Why would someone get so pissed that Lorelai helped at a party for their daughter? She's not new to Luke's life or anything. It just seemed really unrealistic to me. That and the fact that Luke refused to take a stand & defend her. Grrr...
Old 09-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Get this week's TV Guide. It has write ups on most of the new shows & gives their schedules.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this. I love this show. Premieres this Sunday night, I believe. I'll have to start a thread.

I don't disagree with you. I actually think it's funny that one minute she's acting very serious & smart, then she's all goofy & down to earth. Mark thinks her forehead is too large, therefore he hates her.

Well, then, there it is. My last hope of finding out that they didn't actually sleep together goes up in flames. I want L&L together. Chris is an irresponsible punk. Their time together has passed. Whaaaaaaaaa!

I agree with you about the writing. Why would someone get so pissed that Lorelai helped at a party for their daughter? She's not new to Luke's life or anything. It just seemed really unrealistic to me. That and the fact that Luke refused to take a stand & defend her. Grrr...
Oh Chris is still irresponsible? I thought he grew out of that. Oh then screw him, I want Luke to forgive her!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Oh Chris is still irresponsible? I thought he grew out of that. Oh then screw him, I want Luke to forgive her!
He's faux responsible. He inherited a **** ton of money from his father and so now he really just has money but is the same tool as always.

Luke and Lorelai... I just... the way they've handled the relationship since they started dating is not something I've been happy with. If you go back to episodes in the first season like Love and War and Snow and see how much he truly did PINE for her... those episodes, and a lot of Season 2, show just how much chemistry they had. I just don't like that all of a sudden Luke GETS the girl, he wins her! and he turns into a total ass. He's always been a somewhat clueless guy, and he gets ranty, but he has a heart and is not stupid. The Luke of Seasons 1-4 would never ignore Lorelai the way he did this year, kid or no.

I've read reports that Scott Patterson & Lauren Graham do NOT get along. Some speculate that that's where a lot of the weirdness on the show comes from. I dunno. I just find it really depressing.

In other news- Target is currently selling all of the seasons for $18.99 a piece. I think the sale is on until Sunday, when the new circular is out. That sale also extends to Arrested Development Season 1, Firefly, Veronica Mars Season 1, and 24 Season 1 among others- ALL shows I wish everyone would watch.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
He's faux responsible. He inherited a **** ton of money from his father and so now he really just has money but is the same tool as always.

Luke and Lorelai... I just... the way they've handled the relationship since they started dating is not something I've been happy with. If you go back to episodes in the first season like Love and War and Snow and see how much he truly did PINE for her... those episodes, and a lot of Season 2, show just how much chemistry they had. I just don't like that all of a sudden Luke GETS the girl, he wins her! and he turns into a total ass. He's always been a somewhat clueless guy, and he gets ranty, but he has a heart and is not stupid. The Luke of Seasons 1-4 would never ignore Lorelai the way he did this year, kid or no.

I've read reports that Scott Patterson & Lauren Graham do NOT get along. Some speculate that that's where a lot of the weirdness on the show comes from. I dunno. I just find it really depressing.

In other news- Target is currently selling all of the seasons for $18.99 a piece. I think the sale is on until Sunday, when the new circular is out. That sale also extends to Arrested Development Season 1, Firefly, Veronica Mars Season 1, and 24 Season 1 among others- ALL shows I wish everyone would watch.
Omigod, $18.99? No way!!! Thanks for the headsup, I have been waiting for a good sale. I figured something would come up cuz 6 gets released the 19th. Woot!

You're right about that chemistry early on. I loved Luke so much. He's just such a nice guy and you're right, he would never ignore Lorelei. I mean seriously! I have to check out Veronica Mars since so many people seem to love it. Although I am wary of starting another show cuz I already watch too damn much TV!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New shows I've seen so far:

Men in Trees: I've already mentioned it, but I feel like telling you all again. Great show. It should be on this Friday at 9pm.

'Til Death: A few cute moments, but I have to admit I didn't laugh once during the first half of the show. Not a good sign.

Happy Hour: Couldn't hold my attention for more than 5 minutes. I read the paper while it was on.

The Class: I loved it. Very funny. I only hope they don't focus on the main guy, the one who invited them all to his fiance's party - cuz he was the most boring character.

I missed Smith (fell asleep.)

Now remember kids, ER & Ghost Whisperer return this week, and I think Earl & The Office do too. Top Model is tonight.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I finally sat my ass down to watch a new show. I watched Kidnapped on NBC.

Not too bad actually - it held my attention for the hour - not sure how they'll sustain this through a whole season, but I love Dana Delany - so I'll probably keep watching.

This weekend I'm up for Brother and Sisters and Desperate Housewives
Old 09-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I missed Smith (fell asleep.)
This has been the only new show I've caught so far... I liked it, thought it was really well done. Pretty graphic, kind of like watching a movie...