User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2024, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow Stevie live 02/10/2024

She changed up the set for this leg. She does a cover of Stop Children What's That Sound. Leather and Lace is back in the set with her vocal coach.
This is an excellent quality video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUOOfi2HYb8
Old 02-11-2024, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Stop Children What's That Sound song is called For What It's Worth. She's been performing it in her setlist since September 2022. I didn't watch the video. How is her energy?

Interesting she put a hit back in but doesn't do her second biggest hit!
Old 02-11-2024, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The Stop Children What's That Sound song is called For What It's Worth. She's been performing it in her setlist since September 2022. I didn't watch the video. How is her energy?

Interesting she put a hit back in but doesn't do her second biggest hit!
I'm confused. I got What Its Worth confused with Show Them The Way (the titles, not the song). I don't listen to new Stevie music and I suppose it shows
Old 02-11-2024, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I'm confused. I got What Its Worth confused with Show Them The Way (the titles, not the song). I don't listen to new Stevie music and I suppose it shows
That's fine! She never performed Show Them The Way on stage nevertheless there isn't any footage of her singing it. The music video only has her walking down a hall and sitting at a piano - not singing.

Here's For What It's Worth. And it's not For What It's Worth from her album In Your Dreams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80_39eAx3z8
Old 02-11-2024, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She changed up the set for this leg. She does a cover of Stop Children What's That Sound. Leather and Lace is back in the set with her vocal coach.
This is an excellent quality video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUOOfi2HYb8
This was fabulous! She looks so happy and in the groove. The only thing I would change, would be to shorten 'Gold Dust Woman' and to recreate the haunting American Indian sound, without the, out of control, dance towards the end. 'That's alright', would of, also, have been a positive addition to this set. Just my opinion, of course!
Old 02-11-2024, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Free Fallin’ will never leave her setlist. It’ll be in there when she’s singing at 90. She said she never really met Stephen Stills. There’s a great photo of Stephen, Young, and perhaps Jagger online from the Ertegun celebration of life.
For What it’s Worth has also become a must play for her.

Edit: I found the photo! https://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/ne...hoto/109674847

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 02-12-2024 at 06:53 AM..
Old 02-12-2024, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

I was sure there was a "snooze" emoticon but nope.

This has to be the most stale she has ever been. Same awful outfit, boring ass set. I'm so glad I saw her solo for the last time in 2016 when she was actually taking some chances and doing some new things.

How hard would it be to throw on a different shawl or cool vintage outfit to throw us a tiny bone of something differnent.

That being said, she is honestly the most popular I have ever seen her in my lifetime so I guess it's working for the average fan. People rave over these shows. I don't get it.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post

This has to be the most stale she has ever been. Same awful outfit, boring ass set. I'm so glad I saw her solo for the last time in 2016 when she was actually taking some chances and doing some new things.

How hard would it be to throw on a different shawl or cool vintage outfit to throw us a tiny bone of something differnent.

That being said, she is honestly the most popular I have ever seen her in my lifetime so I guess it's working for the average fan. People rave over these shows. I don't get it.
I think the popularity is because of her age. When ~legends~ are approaching death, all of the sudden their popularity peaks. Johnny Cash was dropped by Columbia Records in his 60's, after DECADES with them. But then in his 70's, he was back, more popular than ever.
And I also think that people who have never seen them, think, "wow, we've never seen her...this might be our last chance!"
Old 02-12-2024, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think the popularity is because of her age. When ~legends~ are approaching death, all of the sudden their popularity peaks. Johnny Cash was dropped by Columbia Records in his 60's, after DECADES with them. But then in his 70's, he was back, more popular than ever.
And I also think that people who have never seen them, think, "wow, we've never seen her...this might be our last chance!"
I agree and I also think her public friendship with Harry Styles helps. But back to the reasoning you gave, I was watching a Madonna podcast and a fan on there said they bought tickets to see Stevie after Christine passed away because they regretted not seeing Fleetwood Mac. They said I’ve got to see Stevie before it’s too late.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

2 years ago she told The New Yorker she had written the best song of her career. 3 and a half years ago she said Show Them The Way was up there with Edge of Seventeen and Stand Back. Yet these songs haven’t been performed. This is the same Stevie Nicks we’ve seen a million times. The shows aren’t for her die hard fans, they’re for rich people who have no clue that Bella Donna is an album of hers.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Things and people are really strange right now. Fans and consumers should be banding together to boycott the outrageous ticket prices, but it is just the opposite. As long as there is a demand the price will continue to rise. It's particularly ridiculous to pay that much for veteran artists who have seen better days, years, and decades. The bands and promoters realize what's happening now so they all want to go on the road to rake in the profits. I can't help but think that many of the people paying these prices can't even afford to pay their own bills, but they will help to make these millionaires even richer. And don't even get me started on Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing scheme.

Quote:

Old 02-13-2024, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Things and people are really strange right now. Fans and consumers should be banding together to boycott the outrageous ticket prices, but it is just the opposite. As long as there is a demand the price will continue to rise. It's particularly ridiculous to pay that much for veteran artists who have seen better days, years, and decades. The bands and promoters realize what's happening now so they all want to go on the road to rake in the profits. I can't help but think that many of the people paying these prices can't even afford to pay their own bills, but they will help to make these millionaires even richer. And don't even get me started on Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing scheme.
And Stevie has been on the same tour for two years now. Charging people thousands for one seat somewhat close to the stage. But the people are buying it! She's not singing high notes either for that high amount of money people pay. At least Bruce does!
Old 02-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Stevie has been on the same tour for two years now. Charging people thousands for one seat somewhat close to the stage. But the people are buying it! She's not singing high notes either for that high amount of money people pay. At least Bruce does!
I think they are satisfied with the show they watched. Or are there negative reviews? I remember reading about the last Whitney Houston tour, the problems with her voice, strain and coughs. And disappointed people leaving before it was over.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think they are satisfied with the show they watched. Or are there negative reviews? I remember reading about the last Whitney Houston tour, the problems with her voice, strain and coughs. And disappointed people leaving before it was over.
Were people satisfied at the Newark, NJ reunion tour show you saw where Lindsey's voice sounded terrible? Were there negative reviews?
Old 02-13-2024, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Were people satisfied at the Newark, NJ reunion tour show you saw where Lindsey's voice sounded terrible? Were there negative reviews?
Good point, it's a good example. Though I must admit Lindsey's voice hit rock bottom that night. It sounded much worse than Stevie's voice I've heard in last year tour clips I saw in Instagram. And yes I didn't read any negative review, though I didn't look for. But I remember I've read about his exhausted voice in the past.

Anyway, I wouldn't go see any of them currently.