The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2024, 01:26 PM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,739
Default Rick Vito’s new album

Rick Vito’s new album will be out March 22, 2024! It’s called Cadillac Man and features 11 new songs, plus an instrumental remake of Sam Cooke’s “Just Another Day.”

It’s also nice to see Rick will be back on the road touring for this album. Maybe folks can put tour dates here as they come up?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 01-13-2024, 03:27 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Rick Vito’s new album will be out March 22, 2024! It’s called Cadillac Man and features 11 new songs, plus an instrumental remake of Sam Cooke’s “Just Another Day.”

It’s also nice to see Rick will be back on the road touring for this album. Maybe folks can put tour dates here as they come up?
Thanks for posting this. I have all his albums, they’re all great!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2024, 07:29 PM
vermicious knid's Avatar
vermicious knid vermicious knid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Thanks for posting this. I have all his albums, they’re all great!
I was actually wondering if there were any Rick Vito completists. I have the first two. I like the first one, King of Hearts, a lot. The sound of the production is really nice, with some catchy and well-constructed songs. As much as I like it, though, I wish it didn't exist! Simply because there should have been a second album by the Behind the Mask lineup, in 1992. When I listen to it, in my mind I choose the songs that should have been on that second album. His first solo album could have come a little later.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2024, 09:11 AM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
I was actually wondering if there were any Rick Vito completists. I have the first two. I like the first one, King of Hearts, a lot. The sound of the production is really nice, with some catchy and well-constructed songs. As much as I like it, though, I wish it didn't exist! Simply because there should have been a second album by the Behind the Mask lineup, in 1992. When I listen to it, in my mind I choose the songs that should have been on that second album. His first solo album could have come a little later.
Agree to that! It would’ve have been great to have a follow up with the Behind the Mask line up. Billy, Rick and Christine had some real good songs 1992-1995.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2024, 07:40 PM
vermicious knid's Avatar
vermicious knid vermicious knid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,146
Default

Yes, obviously "Love Shines" and "Heart of Stone" would both have been on it.

For the record, the songs from King of Hearts that I would have put on a theoretical 1992 Fleetwood Mac album are:

"I'll Never Leave This Love Alive"
"Desireé"
"I Still Have My Guitar"
and "Poor Souls in Love"

I also have a soft spot for "Honey Love", so it could have been a b-side to a single. "Intuition" ought to have gone on Behind the Mask.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2024, 10:45 PM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
Yes, obviously "Love Shines" and "Heart of Stone" would both have been on it.

I also have a soft spot for "Honey Love", so it could have been a b-side to a single. "Intuition" ought to have gone on Behind the Mask.
Yes! The version of Intuition I’ve heard without Stevie is even better than the one with her, but either way, it would have been so good on BTM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-24-2024, 06:27 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,986
Default

Just got Cadillac Man…another great great album from Rick Vito.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


I Got News for You - Audio CD By Bekka Bramlett - VERY GOOD picture

I Got News for You - Audio CD By Bekka Bramlett - VERY GOOD

$249.52



Reprise Please Baby: The Warner Bros. Years by Dwight Yoakam (4 CD, 2002) picture

Reprise Please Baby: The Warner Bros. Years by Dwight Yoakam (4 CD, 2002)

$99.99



Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack CD SNVG The Cheap Fast Free picture

Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack CD SNVG The Cheap Fast Free

$15.58



Bekka And Billy - CD - Fast Postage  picture

Bekka And Billy - CD - Fast Postage

$11.95



Bekka Bramlett I GOT NEWS FOR YOU CD NEW & SEALED picture

Bekka Bramlett I GOT NEWS FOR YOU CD NEW & SEALED

$124.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved