User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question New Orleans suggestions

I am 99.99% sure I'll be going to the NOLA LB show in January. I am looking at staying at the Queen and Crescent Hotel. Is that a good one, people who live there or have been to NOLA? It looks nice and I only ask for a clean, non-smelly, bug-free room...I ain't that picky. LOL I want to be close to the House of Blues (obviously), the French Quarter and all that. The flight I'm looking at leaves later the day after the show, so I can go shop.

Who's going to the NOLA show?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I may be going. I have to get everything situated at work first to know for sure, but I'm pretty positive. I really, really want to do the Texas shows as well, so I'm going to try my best.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is an okay hotel. I have not been there since the storm though. The Marriott and Sheraton are two or so blocks from the HOB and the hotel you picked is not too far - five blocks maybe.

Have Fun!!!!!

Also - be sure and call the hotel to make sure they are up pto speed since the storm - most are, but some are not and then you may not have parking, room service, and other things.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I am 99.99% sure I'll be going to the NOLA LB show in January. I am looking at staying at the Queen and Crescent Hotel. Is that a good one, people who live there or have been to NOLA? It looks nice and I only ask for a clean, non-smelly, bug-free room...I ain't that picky. LOL I want to be close to the House of Blues (obviously), the French Quarter and all that. The flight I'm looking at leaves later the day after the show, so I can go shop.

Who's going to the NOLA show?
Hey if you make it to the Commander's Palace to eat, lemme know how good it is!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I ate there a month ago and it was fabulous as usual.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I ate there a month ago and it was fabulous as usual.
Was it damaged during Katrina at all? I'm assuming they specialize in the usual gourmet stuff, Steak, seafood? Oh and does Emeril have anything to do with this place?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Christy, I highly recommend staying in the Quarter. It makes all the difference. My favorite hotel is the Omni Royal Orleans. I just looked at their January rates and they aren't bad at all (although not sure how they compare to Queen and Crescent).

I just think it's better to be in the Quarter than worrying about being close to the venue. You can take a cab to the show for not that much $$.

Edit: and please go to the Praline Connection and have some fried pickles for me! Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum. God I love New Orleans.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Commanders was closed for one year after the storm. Essentially, the food in the powerless refridgerators rotted and seeped into the floor of the kitchen and they had to get a new kitchen, which they did along with a mostly complete renovation of the place.

Emeril was a chef there many years ago, but now has nothing to do with the place.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Commanders was closed for one year after the storm. Essentially, the food in the powerless refridgerators rotted and seeped into the floor of the kitchen and they had to get a new kitchen, which they did along with a mostly complete renovation of the place.

Emeril was a chef there many years ago, but now has nothing to do with the place.
That's cool. I know he's very much accociated with NO, but obviously he' too big time for that now.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
Christy, I highly recommend staying in the Quarter. It makes all the difference. My favorite hotel is the Omni Royal Orleans. I just looked at their January rates and they aren't bad at all (although not sure how they compare to Queen and Crescent).

I just think it's better to be in the Quarter than worrying about being close to the venue. You can take a cab to the show for not that much $$.

Edit: and please go to the Praline Connection and have some fried pickles for me! Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum. God I love New Orleans.
I agree. The Omni Royal is my place to stay in New Orleans as well. It's a perfect location and a beautiful hotel. I would highly recommend it.

For breakfast or lunch, I would strongly suggest Petunia's. Best crepes you will ever have and their bloody mary's are legendary!

Have fun!!!

rbs
Old 12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
I agree. The Omni Royal is my place to stay in New Orleans as well. It's a perfect location and a beautiful hotel. I would highly recommend it.

For breakfast or lunch, I would strongly suggest Petunia's. Best crepes you will ever have and their bloody mary's are legendary!

Have fun!!!

rbs
Oh and dont forget the Beignet's. SP?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
Yes!

Now I know what I'm craving....
Old 12-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Thanks everyone!

I'm going to wait a little while longer. Hopefully, prices for everything will go down. Doubt it though. Still gotta go get my ticket.

There is also the Hotel St. Marie, which is in the French Quarter...nice hotel....decently priced. That might be alright too. I think the Omni is a little more than I want to spend, but the pictures of it are gorgeous!!!

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 12-07-2006 at 03:59 PM..
Old 12-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The St. Marie is a great hotel, but the area is a little shady at night for a single girl.

I would also try the Royal Sonesta, the Hoiliday Inn Astor, the W in the Quarter (not the one on Poydras), and the Wyndham in Canal Place. All of those are centrally located and nice. The New Orleans Hilton Riverside is my fav. hotel though.

Also, I would check out the Ritz Carlton as it just reopened from the storm damage and they were offering really good deals.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Petunia's!!! Yum!

Be careful in the Quarter at night - the crime has doubled since Katrina.

I splurged and stayed at the Hotel Monteleone, which was fabulous. May be more $$$ than you're willing to spend, but if you're in the area, go into the lobby and check out the Carousel Bar!

The Court of Two Sisters is right by there as well - famous for their brunch. You can get beignets anywhere, but if you've never been to Cafe du Monde, then it's a must!

Acme Oyster House is a good, reasonably priced place.