Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New videos on YouTube

Since I got a broadband connection, I've been regularly checking YouTube. There have been a few new Christine videos added recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0teg...tine%20perfect

The 1969 Melody Maker Awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hx0L...leetwood%20mac

Save Me video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvhXk...leetwood%20mac

Skies The Limit video

The BTM videos are both of terrific quality, much better than my videotapes.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Skies the Limit" could have been a decent video but it isn't, thanks to all that rapid cutting & cockamamie camera tricks & lighting. It's shot exactly the same way that that atrocious Cow Palace concert video was shot, & it's repulsive. It's migraine-inducing.

Why would anyone in that band think that, in 1990, anyone wanted to see a retro 1986-era video? As opposed to real life, cheese in videos doesn't get better with age.

It's a good thing I love the song so much. I just listen to the video & look down at my wood flooring.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-27-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
"Skies the Limit" could have been a decent video but it isn't, thanks to all that rapid cutting & cockamamie camera tricks & lighting. It's shot exactly the same way that that atrocious Cow Palace concert video was shot, & it's repulsive. It's migraine-inducing.

Why would anyone in that band think that, in 1990, anyone wanted to see a retro 1986-era video? As opposed to real life, cheese in videos doesn't get better with age.

It's a good thing I love the song so much. I just listen to the video & look down at my wood flooring.

Save Me isn't much better. BTM takes us back to some performance oriented songs where it could potentially show the band jamming out. Instead we get Native Americans that have nothing to do with the Egyptian and middle eastern artifacts that cut into the same Stevie shot saying
"Save Me", almost the same band shot for about 9 seconds total, the lead singer in about 20 seconds of the video never showing her funky keys... An interrupted blazing Rick solo, Mick doing nothing as usual on the drums (visually), and John actually hamming it up quite well. So much potential and such a bomb of a video for a song that could have been a masterpiece. What a waste of a great song.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David

Ugh, I was just talking with Carrie about how much the STL video sucks. Not so much the crapy editing, I can't stand the extreme contrast with the lighting. The backstage clips are just about the only redeeming thing about it. Oh, and the song itself.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I posted that MM Awards clip. I think I got it from you, actually.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
Ugh, I was just talking with Carrie about how much the STL video sucks. Not so much the crapy editing, I can't stand the extreme contrast with the lighting. The backstage clips are just about the only redeeming thing about it. Oh, and the song itself.
I like that backstage stuff too. The lighting isn't right though...too bright in spots. I actually like the video better than the song itself.

I don't care all that much for the "Save Me" video in general, but I think Chris looks terrific in it.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I like the Skies The Limit video moreso then the Save Me vid.. There's too much black nothing on the screen...
Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does the audio HICCUP for everyone else, or is it just me?

Drives me battie(sp-and that's the first time I've used that phrase in my life)!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Does the audio HICCUP for everyone else, or is it just me?

Drives me battie(sp-and that's the first time I've used that phrase in my life)!!!!
Try pausing the video, letting it load then playing it. That usually helps the choppiness of the sound.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's spelled "batty". My mother used to use that word all the time.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I think it's spelled "batty". My mother used to use that word all the time.
The hiccups must just be due to this old computer(I've got DSL, so that's not the problem).
This old computer's driving me batty!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
The hiccups must just be due to this old computer(I've got DSL, so that's not the problem).
This old computer's driving me batty!
looks like i'm not the only one thats crazy around here...
Old 06-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
looks like i'm not the only one thats crazy around here...
Oh, we've got YOUR number, pal!

Old 06-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love the Melody Maker clip. She's lookin' stylish in that leather jacket and skirt. You know, for someone whose always claimed to be quite retiring and unassuming, Christine has displayed a great sense of fashion on more than one occcasion. Consider her look now, when she wears those black suits to award banqutsd. Quite chic.