User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2024, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She's not playing these songs for the fans of The Ledge. She's playing for the casual fans that go to concerts. They want Gold Dust Woman, Stand Back, Rhiannon, Dreams, Gypsy.
I agree with this. As a ledgie I was happy FM played Storms in 2009, and it would have been more than exciting if they included more non usual hits on their latest tours.

But as a casual fan, if I had gone to see Tina Turner, Eagles or Rolling Stones, I would expect and be happy with the typical hits. Or dissapointed if they didn't include the greatest. That's the argument Glenn Frey used to convince Randy to not stop singing Take It to the Limit.

And of course there's the money factor, too. Bands look to please casual fans because they are the majority.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Stevie was never poor in her life. She’s exhausting
She's always the victim.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is the latest Gypsy story. It started in 2014 about buying cool outfits and the people of the velvet underground. Now its transformed into it was her decision to join Fleetwood Mac, she was so poor that she never filed taxes, and slept on a mattress on the floor when she was rich and successful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxFv...ndex=11&t=311s
Old 02-18-2024, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's LITERALLY THE MOST RIDICULOUS PERSON EVER.
Completely delusional.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the Gypsy bed on the floor started on the Mac's 2009 Tour.

She's also saying she visited Walter Reed and Bethesda Naval starting in 2002. She first went in the summer of 2005.

She said she sang Fall From Grace for one tour and never did it since then. Fall From Grace was performed on every tour from 2001-2011.

I don't know why Karen doesn't hand her a fact sheet before each show.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think the Gypsy bed on the floor started on the Mac's 2009 Tour.

She's also saying she visited Walter Reed and Bethesda Naval starting in 2002. She first went in the summer of 2005.

She said she sang Fall From Grace for one tour and never did it since then. Fall From Grace was performed on every tour from 2001-2011.

I don't know why Karen doesn't hand her a fact sheet before each show.
I saw her sing this at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on 5/14/2005. It is even on YouTube.

These incorrect, concert history date, facts are just a distraction for fans, when we just want her to care about her career enough, to make us want to spend our hard earned money to go to see her!
Old 02-20-2024, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
I saw her sing this at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on 5/14/2005. It is even on YouTube.

These incorrect, concert history date, facts are just a distraction for fans, when we just want her to care about her career enough, to make us want to spend our hard earned money to go to see her!
I've seen her do Fall From Grace on tours other than TISL as well.

I want her to care about her career enough to make a new album!
Old 02-20-2024, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hate to say it but it always was shtick for her. During Free Falling she is still putting up the Tom Petty tribute? Is she still doing a Prince tribute with all those photoshopped photos of them together like him playing guitar behind her. Prince was the one that begged his assistant to keep her away from him.
The recent exaggeration of her brief interactions with Prince are really eye opening. For literally decades, there was very little mention of those two being "friends" on any level nor did she speak much about him. Yes she attended Purple Rain premier and she has told the story about hanging out with him for an afternoon in Minnesota. That was pretty much it. Was it even public knowledge that he played on Stand Back until she spilled the beans on VH1 Storytellers in 1998?

Peggy's (Prince's studio engineer) recollection of Stevie is sad and hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KG3e7GuC80
Old 02-20-2024, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The recent exaggeration of her brief interactions with Prince are really eye opening. For literally decades, there was very little mention of those two being "friends" on any level nor did she speak much about him. Yes she attended Purple Rain premier and she has told the story about hanging out with him for an afternoon in Minnesota. That was pretty much it. Was it even public knowledge that he played on Stand Back until she spilled the beans on VH1 Storytellers in 1998?

Peggy's (Prince's studio engineer) recollection of Stevie is sad and hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KG3e7GuC80
Prince on Stand Back was known in 1983. She was asked on MTV by Mark why he was not given credit. Supposedly he requested not to be credited but accepted 50% of the royalties. That's a typical douche Prince move. Don't give me credit but pay me.
During that Storytellers segment she says that Prince came in, did his little keyboard part and then walked out of her life. She was invited to the Purple Rain premiere but left in the middle and ran to the bathroom. Prince confronted her about it which means it upset him.
Its clear that Prince wanted nothing to do with her. When she met him in the 80s she was a major drug addict. Prince was not into that stuff (then). I am speculating that is why she went to the bathroom during Purple Rain. Didn't Stevie say he brought her cough medicine in bed once and made a comment like she did not want to get addicted to another substance. That's pretty blunt.
This is what she said about Prince in 1998. They had a non-relationship:

In 1998, Stevie revealed that the song was about her relationship with Prince. “‘Thousand Days’ was written about my non-relationship with Prince,” Nicks said, who had earlier composed “Stand Back” with him — although she notes he’s never called her back “to set up his payment on 50%” of the latter. “Days” recounts an abortive, all-night ’80s recording session with him at his Minneapolis home during a Fleetwood Mac tour, climaxing with Nicks “smoking my pot — he didn’t agree with my lifestyle — and going to sleep on Prince’s floor in his kitchen. I like him, but we were just so different there was no possible meeting ground.” (Modern Records, 1998)

Can you imagine her passed out on Prince's kitchen floor. In her song she say he dragged her up the stairs.
OMG she coulnn't walk

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-20-2024 at 01:25 PM..
Old 02-20-2024, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

About Stevie and Prince, dancer Brad Jeffries who appeared in Stevie's videos mentioned this at his 'Quora' page:

"I met both men (meaning Michael Jackson and Prince) during my career and was more honored to have spent a couple of occasions in the Purple One’s presence.

Upon watching a music video I had danced in with Stevie Nicks, (Prince had contributed a synth track that really “made” the song), he turned to me and smiled and said quite sincerely, "I wish I could turn like you”, with his signature quiet tone.

I was sitting on a couch between Stevie and Prince at the time, as Stevie was showing it to us on the eve of its M.T.V. debut the following day, and I was so shocked by his compliment I believe I mumbled something inane like, “Well I wish I could do EVERYTHING else like YOU”. Hey, I was 22 at the time and still young enough to get tongue tied in the presence of greatness. Fun times".
Old 02-20-2024, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
"I was sitting on a couch between Stevie and Prince at the time"
Yep, we've all been there.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
About Stevie and Prince, dancer Brad Jeffries who appeared in Stevie's videos mentioned this at his 'Quora' page
Brad was at Stevie's show in Raleigh last year. If you read his Quora, he hates Lindsey.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Brad was at Stevie's show in Raleigh last year. If you read his Quora, he hates Lindsey.
Because he was groomed by $tevie?
Old 02-21-2024, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Reading the Prince story again is so sad. He helped her craft one of her biggest solo hits. She gets invited to his house for a recording session. He is the hottest hit maker at the time. Imagine what could have happened. Instead it was an aborted recording session with Stevie passed out on the kitchen floor. She needed him more than ever since her solo career was fizzling. Yet it was not about making music anymore and she embarrassed herself in front of him. 30 + years later she's paying tribute to him with photoshopped photos as if they were great friends.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Reading the Prince story again is so sad. He helped her craft one of her biggest solo hits. She gets invited to his house for a recording session. He is the hottest hit maker at the time. Imagine what could have happened. Instead it was an aborted recording session with Stevie passed out on the kitchen floor. She needed him more than ever since her solo career was fizzling. Yet it was not about making music anymore and she embarrassed herself in front of him. 30 + years later she's paying tribute to him with photoshopped photos as if they were great friends.
A very kind summary of this time, Macfan4life!

Yet another, very bad decision and lost opportunity for them to have created great music together for their careers and for their fans! Just saying!