The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2024, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This sorta review from the Times-Picayune of the other night's concert in New Orleans is fair. It praises her but also gives an honest take of the concert as a whole.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...43ffaaee9.html
Old 03-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chatty Stevie Nicks...
Old 03-01-2024, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Chatty Stevie Nicks...
IIRC the writer said the talking before each song did not help the momentum of the concert. She talks A LOT but she doesn't introduce the band and the people adding vocal effects and elongating her notes like the last note of Fall From Grace.

Noit sure if anyone knows here, but she doesn't wear boots any more.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
IIRC the writer said the talking before each song did not help the momentum of the concert. She talks A LOT but she doesn't introduce the band and the people adding vocal effects and elongating her notes like the last note of Fall From Grace.

The poor old dear's arches have fallen(from grace).
Old 03-01-2024, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A set that spanned two hours and 15 minutes managed only 18 songs. Nicks prefaced most with a story as long as the song itself. That verbosity didn’t allow momentum to build across multiple songs strung together.

That was the same I felt when I saw Cher in Vegas 2010. But in that case she spent lot of time dissapearing to change costumes between songs (while they showed photos and clips). And she repeated that a lot during the show. Actually her live songs were no more than 60% of the show time.

Now that I read this, yes she can be so annoying and smug that she likes to spend time telling her stories, but it can also be a way to rest her voice and not strain it so much for 2 hours straight. Obviously, when she speaks, she continues to make an effort, but not as much as singing.

Anyway is disappointing that one pays to see something that they do not fulfill (in my case Cher, I've never gone to a SN concert).
Old 03-01-2024, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh dear, who is she going to have fired now for criticizing her long speeches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
A set that spanned two hours and 15 minutes managed only 18 songs. Nicks prefaced most with a story as long as the song itself. That verbosity didn’t allow momentum to build across multiple songs strung together.

That was the same I felt when I saw Cher in Vegas 2010. But in that case she spent lot of time dissapearing to change costumes between songs (while they showed photos and clips). And she repeated that a lot during the show. Actually her live songs were no more than 60% of the show time.

Now that I read this, yes she can be so annoying and smug that she likes to spend time telling her stories, but it can also be a way to rest her voice and not strain it so much for 2 hours straight. Obviously, when she speaks, she continues to make an effort, but not as much as singing.

Anyway is disappointing that one pays to see something that they do not fulfill (in my case Cher, I've never gone to a SN concert).
Old 03-02-2024, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For her February 28th show in New Orleans, Stevie once again added the song "New Orleans" to her set list.

Has anyone attended the last few Stevie Nicks shows? After the last song "Landslide", does Christine McVie's "Got A Hold on Me" play over the soundboard as the lights come up?
Old 03-03-2024, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
For her February 28th show in New Orleans, Stevie once again added the song "New Orleans" to her set list.

Has anyone attended the last few Stevie Nicks shows? After the last song "Landslide", does Christine McVie's "Got A Hold on Me" play over the soundboard as the lights come up?

Crazy, she bookends her show by 2 songs by the only 2 celebrities I’ve ever truly been deeply emotionally effected by their death, not “quite” to the level of someone else’s knew personally but very very close.

Literally any other of the 50-100 celebrities (some have rip threads here in chit chat) are obviously sad as is all human death. But unless I know them the news of death doesnÂ’t have that rotting gut feeling of hearing someone died (I hope IÂ’m describing that right and thatÂ’s a universal feeling and I donÂ’t sound like a crazy person)

But the news of Tom Petty and Christine made me feel dizzy with grief. Those 2 songs on each side of her set is the best “set list” choice she’s made in years.

I kind of like how long the TP tribute has dragged out. And honestly I hate that she keeps doing these big stadium/festival type shows, but If sheÂ’s doing them, free falling is great for these shows. I think 7 years is the cut off tho. The song and the montage must go in the very near future!

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-03-2024, 01:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Not even all summer long?
Old 03-03-2024, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I kind of like how long the TP tribute has dragged out. And honestly I hate that she keeps doing these big stadium/festival type shows, but If sheÂ’s doing them, free falling is great for these shows. I think 7 years is the cut off tho. The song and the montage must go in the very near future!
Is this your first day here? Mama be milking til she drop like a fly.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
Not even all summer long?
There is no reason for that song NOT to be in the setlist! It could be that the chorus is too high for her to handle.

But now she wears leg warmers over sneakers.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post

Yes, Got A Hold On Me does play after the band leaves the stage. It's not Learning To Fly anymore.

Stevie said she might keep New Orleans in her setlist now.