Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2024, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
A very kind summary of this time, Macfan4life!

Yet another, very bad decision and lost opportunity for them to have created great music together for their careers and for their fans! Just saying!
The line that gets me every time is the "Such words to her over the phone, just how many people are there with you now."
It sort of implies that maybe he called her afterwards to chew her out with all her partying. But this is what happens when worlds collide. Stevie created her own fantasy world where people flocked to her and her ways. No one ever told her no or criticized her. She visited someone and was no longer in that fantasy world. She was a fish out of water.
I give Stevie props for being so honest with the song. Many would want to forget about such an experience. It always said that it was during a Mac tour that this aborted recording session happened. But its speculated this was during the Wild Heart tour? She was high every day and every night during that time period. I always hated Prince for his arrogance. She said that was the last time she spoke to Prince was when she walked out during the Purple Rain premiere.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-22-2024 at 05:38 AM..
Old 02-22-2024, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She said that was the last time she spoke to Prince was when she walked out during the Purple Rain premiere.
I guess all contradictory stories Stevie has told, fit perfect for a Twilight Zone episode screenplay. In the Timespace CD book she wrote:

By the way, Prince did come into the studio the night I called him and told him about the song, and he played incredible synthesizer on it... and then he just walked out if my life, and I didn't see him for a long time.

Old 02-22-2024, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I guess all contradictory stories Stevie has told, fit perfect for a Twilight Zone episode screenplay. In the Timespace CD book she wrote:

By the way, Prince did come into the studio the night I called him and told him about the song, and he played incredible synthesizer on it... and then he just walked out if my life, and I didn't see him for a long time.

Sort of fits. She definitely saw him about a year after that at the Purple Rain premiere. I am curious when the failed recording session took place. Its always reported it was during a Mac tour. Both the Mac and Prince were on tour in 1982. I know Stevie met Prince during the Texas Mirage shows because they were touring in the same state at the same time. I think I read here once that it was actually on the Wild Heart tour that she visited his house. Thousand Days was a RAL demo so it had to be pre 1984.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie’s next show is New Orleans. Does anyone think she’ll sing anything special that night?: “I want to get a room in New Orleans”, “Moonlight”, “Ghosts Are Gone”, “Show Them The Way”?
Old 02-22-2024, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"This song is dedicated to all the beautiful wrought iron gates that I drove past on the way to the venue, it's called 'Gate and Garden.'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie’s next show is New Orleans. Does anyone think she’ll sing anything special that night?: “I want to get a room in New Orleans”, “Moonlight”, “Ghosts Are Gone”, “Show Them The Way”?
Old 02-22-2024, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I read she will sing It Never Rains in Southern California.
Old 02-22-2024, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hoping for a Stevie Nicks setlist change up: wish in one hand and crap in the other.
Old 02-22-2024, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since she still struggles to remember the lyrics to songs she has sung hundreds of times (even with a teleprompter) every setlist seems new and special to her.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2024, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes, I read she will sing It Never Rains in Southern California.
I think there are horrific weather events in California going on this week.

Perhaps Rock And Roll, Face The Promise, and You Wreck Me will return to her setlist.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think there are horrific weather events in California going on this week.

Perhaps Rock And Roll, Face The Promise, and You Wreck Me will return to her setlist.
Or “Twisted” — we had a couple of EF-1 tornadoes during the storms.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-23-2024, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Or “Twisted” — we had a couple of EF-1 tornadoes during the storms.
She played that song live in 96 and 98. She re-recorded it in 2014 but never played it on stage since 98- 25 years ago!!!!

She doesn’t have the confidence in her solo catalogue so she fills her set with Mac songs, covers, and solo tunes that have been played live for years and tells us fans that she hasn’t played “this next song” in a decade or a few LOL
Old 02-23-2024, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding Prince, I'm pretty sure I read that he came to on of her Bella Donna shows in LA. I think the one that was recorded for HBO

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-25-2024, 08:07 AM
UnwindedDreams
This message has been deleted by UnwindedDreams.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Prince on Stand Back was known in 1983. She was asked on MTV by Mark why he was not given credit. Supposedly he requested not to be credited but accepted 50% of the royalties. That's a typical douche Prince move. Don't give me credit but pay me.
During that Storytellers segment she says that Prince came in, did his little keyboard part and then walked out of her life. She was invited to the Purple Rain premiere but left in the middle and ran to the bathroom. Prince confronted her about it which means it upset him.
Its clear that Prince wanted nothing to do with her. When she met him in the 80s she was a major drug addict. Prince was not into that stuff (then). I am speculating that is why she went to the bathroom during Purple Rain. Didn't Stevie say he brought her cough medicine in bed once and made a comment like she did not want to get addicted to another substance. That's pretty blunt.
This is what she said about Prince in 1998. They had a non-relationship:

In 1998, Stevie revealed that the song was about her relationship with Prince. “‘Thousand Days’ was written about my non-relationship with Prince,” Nicks said, who had earlier composed “Stand Back” with him — although she notes he’s never called her back “to set up his payment on 50%” of the latter. “Days” recounts an abortive, all-night ’80s recording session with him at his Minneapolis home during a Fleetwood Mac tour, climaxing with Nicks “smoking my pot — he didn’t agree with my lifestyle — and going to sleep on Prince’s floor in his kitchen. I like him, but we were just so different there was no possible meeting ground.” (Modern Records, 1998)

Can you imagine her passed out on Prince's kitchen floor. In her song she say he dragged her up the stairs.
OMG she coulnn't walk
yep this is the s story I always heard and remembered about her relationship with Prince. I always wondered if his song 17 Days was about the same thing....

Stevie couldn't walk a LOT during this time.... there are so many pics of her out at some event or other and there's always two people, one on either side of her... her singers, or a manager, a few with Waddy and his wife on either side of her.... this was the era Paul Fishkin talked about in her BTM.. "near-overdoses on the road" "we had to scrap her off the floor" etc .....
Old 02-29-2024, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sort of fits. She definitely saw him about a year after that at the Purple Rain premiere. I am curious when the failed recording session took place. Its always reported it was during a Mac tour. Both the Mac and Prince were on tour in 1982. I know Stevie met Prince during the Texas Mirage shows because they were touring in the same state at the same time. I think I read here once that it was actually on the Wild Heart tour that she visited his house. Thousand Days was a RAL demo so it had to be pre 1984.
Her timelines are always twisted to fit her narrative.

I recall her telling a reporter about doing Planets of the Universe with John Shanks. She said something to the effect that she contacted him and he worked on it and it was done in a "matter of days". Thing was, Shanks was there with her and he was like "Wellllllll.....not really a few days" and said like weeks/maybe even a few months. But she likes to have these dramatic, romanticize narratives......... so yeah, I don't trust her timelines on a lot
Old 02-29-2024, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How surprising! Stevie performed “New Orleans” at her show tonight in New Orleans, Louisiana. Yet she refuses to touch the 24 Karat Gold Songs From The Vault album with a ten foot pole.

She also performed the Stevie Nicks hits “Free Fallin” “For What It’s Worth” “Fall From Grace” and an abbreviated “Soldier’s Angel”.
One day she’ll sing Show Them The Way…maybe in 2025.