Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2021, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

A few more things that raise eyebrows in her memoir.

She taught Lindsey how to play guitar
She played the piano opening riff to Hold Me
Old 08-19-2021, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

I really do believe that she needs to be assessed for some form of dementia at this point.

Old 08-19-2021, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Old 08-20-2021, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Her delivery blows. No pun intended. I'm not sure she meant to imply nobody helped her along the way, but because she's incapable of making a statement that isn't about me, me, and only me...it sure comes across the wrong way.

She makes me cringe every time she does an interview now. Every time.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

and also...not that she's unique in doing it, but vamping up the rehab drama/drug addiction has really been her dramatic talking point for the past 20 years.

I too would be proud of recovering, but I hope I would want to talk about other things after a while.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Her delivery blows. No pun intended. I'm not sure she meant to imply nobody helped her along the way, but because she's incapable of making a statement that isn't about me, me, and only me...it sure comes across the wrong way.

She makes me cringe every time she does an interview now. Every time.
Yep. And this goes back a long way. It’s the FM Behind the Music episode where she made that being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army comment I believe. I recall watching and even at 16/17 feeling like that is the dumbest celebrity comment to make. She comes across as one of the most self centered humans that I’ve ever seen.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yep. And this goes back a long way. It’s the FM Behind the Music episode where she made that being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army comment I believe. I recall watching and even at 16/17 feeling like that is the dumbest celebrity comment to make. She comes across as one of the most self centered humans that I’ve ever seen.
I swear to you JMN3. I have a friend that became my best friend since moving to Los Angeles permanently in 1997. To this day, whenever something goes wrong I say, "You should know that my life is like being in the army."
(It's funnier if you picture two gay guys saying it to each other, in Paris, on their 3rd vacation that year.)

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-20-2021 at 01:29 PM..
Old 08-20-2021, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s the FM Behind the Music episode where she made that being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army comment I believe. .
It was at he Classic Albums: Making of Rumours.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh come on now. Give her a break

She was born in the desert like baby Jesus
So she knows how it feels there

She knows what its like being in the Army so she could understand how they felt in a foxhole in a desert war zone. You cant understand that?
Old 08-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh come on now. Give her a break

She was born in the desert like baby Jesus
So she knows how it feels there

She knows what its like being in the Army so she could understand how they felt in a foxhole in a desert war zone. You cant understand that?
She knows what it's like to be a forgotten chimpanzee

In all seriousness, her complete shift since about 2011 has been really sad to witness as somebody who was a really huge fan. I really miss '97-'99 era Stevie.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal84 View Post
she knows what it's like to be a forgotten chimpanzee

in all seriousness, her complete shift since about 2011 has been really sad to witness as somebody who was a really huge fan. I really miss '97-'99 era stevie.
welcome everybody!
Old 08-20-2021, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh she made that comment as far back as the 1970s. Apparently having to be where you're needed to be and be there on time was news to her and she equated it to the Army.
Old 08-20-2021, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh she made that comment as far back as the 1970s. Apparently having to be where you're needed to be and be there on time was news to her and she equated it to the Army.
Yes she has said that line many times up to the mid 80s. Her other go to line was the baby sister line about being left out of Fleetwood Mac since she did not play an instrument. They gave her center stage yet she felt left out.

Its funny because Christine had the opposite reaction from her 1980 interview how rock stars are spoiled and waited on hand and foot. Stevie had so many assistants and was high most of the time which is the complete opposite of being in the Army.
Old 08-20-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Yes she has said that line many times up to the mid 80s. Her other go to line was the baby sister line about being left out of Fleetwood Mac since she did not play an instrument. They gave her center stage yet she felt left out.

Its funny because Christine had the opposite reaction from her 1980 interview how rock stars are spoiled and waited on hand and foot. Stevie had so many assistants and was high most of the time which is the complete opposite of being in the Army.
That Christine interview is so honest. She does not play victim of anything.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-20-2021 at 08:34 PM..
Old 08-20-2021, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Christine knows what it's like to travel on the low end-- lugging your own gear, own suitcase, not staying in the top hotels, etc. She did it for YEARS and many, many tours. Stevie might have experienced lower-end hotels on the BN tour but you can be sure she didn't lug her own suitcase or any equipment. And she surely didn't on the firs Mac tour. I don't know if she had Robin along as an assistant on the first Mac tour, but she sure did by the time they hit the road for Rumours. And she had all her girlfriends too.

Chris said on one of the last FM tours that she finally had an assistant and got a second room for her bags and her clothes etc. Meanwhile Miss Thang has been demanding the Presidential suite for years because she "deserves" it.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-20-2021 at 08:44 PM..