Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
Hey Diss -- you might know this...

Is there a special edition of Hat Full of Stars? My ex and I were all over that album, and saw Cyndi at a tiny club show in Houston that year. We heard there was an import version, or maybe just a special limited edition, that had unreleased tracks and an acoustic version of "Feels Like Christmas" (our FAVE on the album), plus a few other acoustics.

Ever heard of this? I've been searching for years, and never even see a listing... Muchas Gracias!
I don't believe so. All I have is an import boxed set with She's So Unusual, True Colors, and Hat Full of Stars. I can ask around for you, though, I know some die-hard Cyndi fans who could probably tell you how many hairs are on her arms.

Have you ever heard the album "Stormy Weather: The Music of Harold Arlen"? It's a CD with a bunch of different artists doing Arlen songs (Debbie does "Ill Wind" in which she duets with herself ), and one of them is Rufus Wainwright. You should check it out, each song is amazing.

Last edited by dissention; 01-20-2005 at 09:13 PM..
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

besides the music picks I listed I am DEFINITELY going to purchase one of the newly released Dean "Razorback" guitar (The "Slime Bumblebee" gotta have the green sucker...Plus being a Dean Guitar owner I know it will sound killer as ****.) since the "Razorback" was the new model that Dimebag Darrell created before his passing (I have been waiting several months for the preview of the new Dime series Deans since the day it was announced Dimebag was back with Dean Z. at Dean Guitars) :

http://www.deanguitars.com/dimebag.php

Kinda a cool video tribute too on the Dean Guitar website (The tribute is played to the Damageplan track "Soul Bleed")

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks! If you think about it next time you're talking/typing to them, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and think you could reply faster next time? I had to wait a whole 10 minutes!!! I, for one, expect better service.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I don't believe so. All I have is an import boxed set with She's So Unusual, True Colors, and Hat Full of Stars. I can ask around for you, though, I know some die-hard Cyndi fans who could probably tell you how many hairs are on her arms.

Have you ever heard the album "Stormy Weather: The Music of Harold Arlen"? It's a CD with a bunch of different artists doing Arlen songs (Debbie does "Ill Wind" in which she duets with herself ), and one of them is Rufus Wainwright. You should check it out, each song is amazing.
I'll have to check out the Stormy Weather thing... thanks for the tip.

Rufus is another one of those prolific artists (who drives me completely insane). He demo'ed something like 60 songs for the Want albums, and only about 25 were released. Plus, he only has 4 full albums, but has like 20 soundtracks songs and at least as many guest appearances. I'll never catch up!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll have to check out the Stormy Weather thing... thanks for the tip.

Rufus is another one of those prolific artists (who drives me completely insane). He demo'ed something like 60 songs for the Want albums, and only about 25 were released. Plus, he only has 4 full albums, but has like 20 soundtracks songs and at least as many guest appearances. I'll never catch up!
You're welcome. My mom isn't a big fan of jazz (or Debbie), but she asked for a copy of that CD for Christmas. And now Debbie's "duet" is her favorite.

I've never gotten into Rufus, but after hearing him on that tribute CD, I'll probably get one of his albums. I like weird **** and he's weird, eh?

But it all depends on whether or not I can bear to take Franz out of my stereo...

Old 01-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've only heard it on the web, called "Sleeps With Butterflies".
I sent my cousin, who's a huge Tori fan, a copy of the advance radio promo single of "Sleeps With Butterflies" and she totally flipped her wig. I heard the full advance yesterday, and I think it's really good, but I've never really gotten into Tori. I liked Little Earthquakes well enough, but the one I've liked best out of them all was Scarlet's Walk.

Make sure to pick up the limited edition package- I've seen it, and it's beautiful. Will be worth the extra $5 or so.

Ones I'm looking forward to in 2005:

New Pernice Brothers live CD/DVD
The Doves
Kathleen Edwards
Stereophonics
Fischerspooner
Lucinda Williams' oft-delayed Live at the Fillmore

and

NINE INCH NAILS- WITH TEETH!!

In DVDs, I'm really only looking forward to the Alias season 4 DVDs, Gilmore Girls season 3, Arrested Development season 2, and the first season of Lost. Also hoping, as I do every year now, to see Twin Peaks season 2, finally.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
Also hoping, as I do every year now, to see Twin Peaks season 2, finally.
Start pinching your Lincoln's, Paramount's releasing it in October.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe Desperate Housewives is coming out so soon (August). I'm hoping for many many outtakes.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I saw...

Quote:
Also hoping, as I do every year now, to see Twin Peaks season 2, finally.
Season 2 listed on http://bi-torrent.com (Dont know what the quality would be though.)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Make sure to pick up the limited edition package- I've seen it, and it's beautiful. Will be worth the extra $5 or so.
I've already pre-ordered it. It comes with a packet of wildflower seeds, so I can plant my own little Tori butterfly garden and dance around it naked in the moonlight!

Oops, I've said too much...
Old 01-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Is there a special edition of Hat Full of Stars? My ex and I were all over that album, and saw Cyndi at a tiny club show in Houston that year. We heard there was an import version, or maybe just a special limited edition, that had unreleased tracks and an acoustic version of "Feels Like Christmas" (our FAVE on the album), plus a few other acoustics.

Ever heard of this? I've been searching for years, and never even see a listing... Muchas Gracias!
Whoever told you that, was on crack.
There are no extra tracks on any of the import versions of 'Hat Full Of Stars'... the only variations for that CD, from country to country, are slight differences in the packaging. But none featured bonus tracks.

There were no special editions either.

By the way, 'Hat Full Of Stars' is my absolute favorite Cyndi album. Love every second of it, from start to finish.

"They try and pigeonhole you... Buddy, they don't even know you.
But hang on my dear, dear, John....
Maybe you're not just like everyone... so what, so what...."
Old 01-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh, and as for which CD or DVDs I'm waiting on....
At the top of the list is 'Wonder Woman: The Complete Second Season,' which comes out March 1st.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the DVD release of 'The Phantom Of The Opera,' but I imagine that's still several months off, seeing as how the movie doesn't open nationwide until tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cheers Season 4 on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 01-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Whoever told you that, was on crack.
There are no extra tracks on any of the import versions of 'Hat Full Of Stars'... the only variations for that CD, from country to country, are slight differences in the packaging. But none featured bonus tracks.

There were no special editions either.

By the way, 'Hat Full Of Stars' is my absolute favorite Cyndi album. Love every second of it, from start to finish.

"They try and pigeonhole you... Buddy, they don't even know you.
But hang on my dear, dear, John....
Maybe you're not just like everyone... so what, so what...."
It was actually my Mom who told me -- way to call her a crack whore!!!

No, I really don't remember where I heard it -- it was more than 10 years ago!!! But at least I can STOP looking now, 10 years later.

That is, assuming YOU know what you're talking about, crack whore!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Amen And Amen!!

Quote:
...and the first season of Lost. Also hoping, as I do every year now, to see Twin Peaks season 2, finally.
Sheebus, what do they want, blood?! Give us season 2 of TP already!! Also, all seasons of Wings, while you're at it. If you can put the frickin' Apprentice on DVD, why not WINGS!!?!!!?!?!

Also, I want Lindsey's solo album so bad, I'm ready to scream bloody murder!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew...deep breaths....

Keith Urban's live DVD should be out pretty soon.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.