The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What new Cd's/DVD's are you awaiting... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17792)

estranged4life 01-20-2005 08:28 PM

What new Cd's/DVD's are you awaiting...

to be released in 2005?

DVD-I haven't seen anything of interest but I do know of a few imports I plan to buy to save $$$$ since the US versions are too damn expensive:

Inu Yasha Episode 18-54
Inu Yasha Episode 55-76
Wolf's Rain Complete Series (English Dub) Episodes 1-30

Cd's-I am awaiting for my import version of Chris Caffery's (Of Savatage/TSO fame http://www.chriscaffery.com ) import cd set "Faces/God Damn War" which will blasted at louder than usual volume (The just released US version has been slightly edited/altered so the full length bonus disc "God Damn War" is now titled "That Damn War".)

Def Leppard-"The Best Of Def Leppard" (Probably order the import since it has already been released in Europe for a few months, No telling when the US version will be released...Hope to find the 2 disc version since it is the limited edition version.)

Steve Vai-Real Illusions

Black Label Society-Mafia

Plus I found Queen's boxed set "Crown Jewels" (Their first 8 releases in a chest like box) on eBay for $35, So I will be picking that up too.

dissention 01-20-2005 08:33 PM

Cyndi Lauper's complete Shine album - It was only released in Japan and I ordered it last week for $45. :rolleyes:

The new Garbage album. I'm dying to hear it, it's supposed to be phenomenal.

The new Debbie Harry solo album. No idea when it's coming out, but she supposedly completed 15 tracks for it with Blow Up. Should be pretty amazing.

Franz Ferdinand's second album. First they said it would be out in late summer, but now they're saying it will be out by April. I? Am ecstatic. I literally can't wait.

A new Bowie album. I'm expecting one very soon, he's not one to wait years and years to release albums. And he seems to have gotten "it" back after releasing Heathen and Reality within only a year of each other, and they were fantastic.

As for DVDs...

Punky Brewster: Season Two (I can't wait!)
American Gothic: Complete Series (who knows if it will be released, but I heard they're starting to prepare it and, if so, I'll pay any ridiculous amount of money that they may ask for it)

Nixxxed 01-20-2005 08:35 PM

Gee, bet you could never guess in a million years which one I'm waiting for... :D

dissention 01-20-2005 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixxxed
Gee, bet you could never guess in a million years which one I'm waiting for... :D

I've no clue. :confused:

:laugh:

xdreamsunwindx 01-20-2005 08:37 PM

NEW GARBAGE. <333

Oh, and Debbie Harry's new solo album. I'm also interested in the rumored recording that Chrissie Hynde and Adam Seymour may be doing with this Brazillian Bossa Nova band. Oughta be... interesting. Don't know if it'll be out in '05, if ever, though. OH! And Tom Petty's new album! Duh. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Hawkeye 01-20-2005 08:38 PM

only Lindsey'pcoming CD (I'm CONFIDNET it's coming out this year) And who is this Frans Ferdinand guy. What kind of music is he, I've heard nothing but utter amazment from this board. Is it German at all. It sounds like a german band.

amber 01-20-2005 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixxxed

I heard a song off the not yet released CD on the radio today. It was ok. her voice sounded great as usual, but i didn't love the particular song. It kinda sounded like a bunch of the other girls singing today. I'm sure it will be good, though.

amber 01-20-2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
Cyndi Lauper's complete Shine album - It was only released in Japan and I ordered it last week for $45. :rolleyes:

The new Debbie Harry solo album. No idea when it's coming out, but she supposedly completed 15 tracks for it with Blow Up. Should be pretty amazing.

I want both of the above mentioned, especially Debbie's...mmmmmmmm

dissention 01-20-2005 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye
only Lindsey'pcoming CD (I'm CONFIDNET it's coming out this year) And who is this Frans Ferdinand guy. What kind of music is he, I've heard nothing but utter amazment from this board. Is it German at all. It sounds like a german band.

Ooh, yeah, Lindsey's album. I'm crossing my fingers for that one. :nod:

Franz Ferdinand is a band. ;) And a bloody fantastic one. They're from Scotland. If you like New Wave, check them out.

dissention 01-20-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
I want both of the above mentioned, especially Debbie's...mmmmmmmm

I've heard all of the tracks from Shine and it's FABULOUS. I'll send you a few songs once I get it. Madonna Whore is particularly good.

I'd normally be excited about a Debbie solo album, but I'm dying to hear this one. She did it with Blow Up and if her past collabortions with them are any indication, her new album should be a classic.

amber 01-20-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

I've heard all of the tracks from Shine and it's FABULOUS. I'll send you a few songs once I get it. Madonna Whore is particularly good.

I'd normally be excited about a Debbie solo album, but I'm dying to hear this one. She did it with Blow Up and if her past collabortions with them are any indication, her new album should be a classic.

Thanks! I'll probably buy it, too, Cyndi is rarely, if ever, not good. Her voice just won't let her be bad! :p
What else did debbie do with Blow Up? As you may know, I only have Debravation...(<3)

Nixxxed 01-20-2005 08:54 PM

Quote:

I heard a song off the not yet released CD on the radio today. It was ok. her voice sounded great as usual, but i didn't love the particular song. It kinda sounded like a bunch of the other girls singing today. I'm sure it will be good, though.

I've only heard it on the web, called "Sleeps With Butterflies". :thumbsup:

I liked it OK, but I'm pretty ambivalent towards most of her slower stuff. The weirder, wilder, and crazier her stuff is, the more likely it is to give me goosebumps.

I also like the way she names her songs. The Beekeeper songs are: Parasol,
Sweet the Sting, The Power of Orange Knickers, Jamaica Inn, Barons of Suburbia, Sleeps with Butterflies, General Joy, Mother Revolution, Ribbons Undone, Cars and Guitars, Witness, Original Sinsuality, Ireland, The Beekeeper, Martha's Foolish Ginger, Hoochie Woman, Goodbye Pisces, Marys of the Sea, and Toast.

And yes, that's 19 tracks!!! Her last album had 18, just like the Mac's. I don't care what the f*cking reviewers say -- long albums rule! All the artists I follow take years between albums, and have sh*tloads of unreleased tracks. So, the more tracks per CD for me, the better I like it!!!

Nixxxed 01-20-2005 08:56 PM

Oh yeah, and I'm also eagerly awaiting the new Erasure album, released next Tuesday the 25th.

The title of the CD is ...

*drum rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*

NIGHTBIRD!!!

Nixxxed 01-20-2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Hey Diss -- you might know this...

Is there a special edition of Hat Full of Stars? My ex and I were all over that album, and saw Cyndi at a tiny club show in Houston that year. We heard there was an import version, or maybe just a special limited edition, that had unreleased tracks and an acoustic version of "Feels Like Christmas" (our FAVE on the album), plus a few other acoustics.

Ever heard of this? I've been searching for years, and never even see a listing... Muchas Gracias!

dissention 01-20-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Thanks! I'll probably buy it, too, Cyndi is rarely, if ever, not good. Her voice just won't let her be bad! :p
What else did debbie do with Blow Up? As you may know, I only have Debravation...(<3)

She did a song with them on their last album called "Uncontrollable Love" and they remixed "Good Boys" from Curse. Both are fabulous. :thumbsup:

Cyndi has a voice that just commands attention. :shocked: