Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Interesting...

I was doing research on Fleetwood Mac related stuff that happened where I live (El Paso, TX) and I discovered a lot of interesting things that occurred here, they are actually very significant things that are Fleetwood Mac related. I discovered that Stevie lived 5 years during her teenage years and studied here at Loretto Academy. But what is most interesting is that I discovered that here in El Paso was where the first concert that Fleetwood Mac had that featured Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham was right here!

Do research and you will probably find out something interesting! or do you know anything that is interesting from where you live that is Fleetwood Mac related? Share it!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sure nothing significant has happened where I live. Small time Ohio over here

But that is very interesting!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusRumours View Post
I was doing research on Fleetwood Mac related stuff that happened where I live (El Paso, TX) and I discovered a lot of interesting things that occurred here, they are actually very significant things that are Fleetwood Mac related. I discovered that Stevie lived 5 years during her teenage years and studied here at Loretto Academy. But what is most interesting is that I discovered that here in El Paso was where the first concert that Fleetwood Mac had that featured Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham was right here!

Do research and you will probably find out something interesting! or do you know anything that is interesting from where you live that is Fleetwood Mac related? Share it!
My memory is getting rusty, but it seems Stevie was also taken around to various country & western bars in El Paso by her Grandfather when she was a young girl... and he'd play & they'd sing together. Apparently that's how Stevie learned she loved to perform and that it was her destiny.

I'm not sure anything too notable happened with Stevie or Fleetwood Mac here in Austin. Fleetwood Mac hasn't performed here since 1987, and Stevie hasn't performed here since 1989. I do know this photo of Jenny Fleetwood & Stevie Nicks was taken at a festival on Lake Austin back in the day according to Jenny:

Old 05-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
My memory is getting rusty, but it seems Stevie was also taken around to various country & western bars in El Paso by her Grandfather when she was a young girl... and he'd play & they'd sing together. Apparently that's how Stevie learned she loved to perform and that it was her destiny.

I'm not sure anything too notable happened with Stevie or Fleetwood Mac here in Austin. Fleetwood Mac hasn't performed here since 1987, and Stevie hasn't performed here since 1989. I do know this photo of Jenny Fleetwood & Stevie Nicks was taken at a festival on Lake Austin back in the day according to Jenny:

I was about to say, there are a bunch of photos from that day that I always associate with FM in Austin.

- Jake
Old 05-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit View Post
I was about to say, there are a bunch of photos from that day that I always associate with FM in Austin.

- Jake
Yes! There are some rather iconic photos from that day which were taken here in Austin. I just couldn't find them today.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is not an "interesting thing" that happened in Peru. In fact Fleetwood Mac never went to Peru or Southamerica (I guess the first rock megaband that toured in this side of the world was QUEEN in 1981).

However it's fun to find when somebody mentions my country, in a rock episode from those days. And though this shouldn't and doesn't make me proud, note that this was the 70s. And everybody repeats that by that time this was very usual:

So in February 1975, we went over to Sound City to record, with Keith Olsen as engineer.....
... There was a lot of cocaine around that studio, and we recorded,our album in a somewhat Peruvian atmosphere. Until then, Fleetwood Mac hadn't had much experience with this Andean rocket fuel. Now we discovered that a toot now and then relieved the boredom of long hours in the studio with little nourishment. The devil's dandruff, in those days, was still the musician's friend.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Um...on November 19th of 1972, Fleetwood Mac performed in Minnesota for the FIRST TIME EVER. Ooooooooh wow exciting.
That's all I've got.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.inside View Post
Um...on November 19th of 1972, Fleetwood Mac performed in Minnesota for the FIRST TIME EVER. Ooooooooh wow exciting.
That's all I've got.
Hmmm...wonder if Prince was there?