The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:12 AM
joe

Default Stevie kneeling with tambourine during The Chain live...

Sorry, this is a rather obscure question but one I've wanted to know for years...

We all know that the Tusk documentary shows Stevie kneeling down and hitting the tambourine on the stage during the bass solo. The Largo 79 video, I believe, has a shot where I believe you can see Stevie in the background start to drop to this position right after the chorus ends...

There's also the Japan 77 footage that shows Mama La doing the same thing just when the band starts in after the bass solo...

So, for any "old-timers" out there...was this standard for Stevie back then? Did she always do it? When did it end? The film of the St Louis 79 show is a classic clip...

You know, I just thought of something else...Stevie used to end Rhiannon in this crouched position back until 1982 (clearly evident in all of the old videos/films). Kinda strange but ethereal....When did that start? It's pretty safe to assume it hasn't happened since 82.

David, need your help!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry if this is late!! she always bent down and hit the tambourine on the floor!!! i think she thought it was going to make sound, but it obviously didnt work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Sorry, this is a rather obscure question but one I've wanted to know for years...

We all know that the Tusk documentary shows Stevie kneeling down and hitting the tambourine on the stage during the bass solo. The Largo 79 video, I believe, has a shot where I believe you can see Stevie in the background start to drop to this position right after the chorus ends...

There's also the Japan 77 footage that shows Mama La doing the same thing just when the band starts in after the bass solo...

So, for any "old-timers" out there...was this standard for Stevie back then? Did she always do it? When did it end? The film of the St Louis 79 show is a classic clip...

You know, I just thought of something else...Stevie used to end Rhiannon in this crouched position back until 1982 (clearly evident in all of the old videos/films). Kinda strange but ethereal....When did that start? It's pretty safe to assume it hasn't happened since 82.

David, need your help!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I only saw her do it in that particular performance... but she may have done it more then. I always thought it was just part of the theatrics of the moment.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stevie got down on the floor to belt out notes during the Rock A Little period when she was really letting loose. However, I can't say I've seen her do anything like that post-cocaine (aka after '86). There are plenty of pics of Stevie kneeling/crouching down during the Rumours tour... so that's my guess when it started:

Old 03-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Stevie got down on the floor to belt out notes during the Rock A Little period when she was really letting loose. However, I can't say I've seen her do anything like that post-cocaine (aka after '86). There are plenty of pics of Stevie kneeling/crouching down during the Rumours tour... so that's my guess when it started:

Too bad she didn't do any of that in front of that Richard Grabel guy...
Old 03-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She looks like she's trying to steal my public bathroom hover move. That's my move!

Oops, wrong forum!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

If I remember correctly there was some intense squatting (Rhiannon) on the Behind The Mask tour, specifically during the West Point show.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69 View Post
... intense squatting...
That happens to me alot!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
That happens to me alot!

Hopefully not in front of 10,000 people!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69 View Post
Hopefully not in front of 10,000 people!
Well 9,000 actually...but who's counting!!

What video was it that Stevie's shaking her tamborine wildly in the air?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 AM
joe

wow...when I first saw the title to this thread I thought, "hmm, this sounds interesting...i wonder what they want to know..."

and it turns out I was the one that started this thread nearly 4 years ago! 4 years ago!!! it took 3-1/2 years for someone to answer lol??? I guess I'm glad it got resurrected but I have no idea what even prompted me to post it in the first place yet it IS something that I've wondered about time after time.

I think Stevie can only crouch so far now...who knows, she might get stuck in that position. can you imagine? "umm, sharon, lori? would you come over here for a second?" reminds me of that scene in 9 to 5 where Dolly is calling Judy and Violet back to the trunk

i wonder if she still does her stretching and at least some simple ballet stuff?? I'm inclined to think no.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
wow...when I first saw the title to this thread I thought, "hmm, this sounds interesting...i wonder what they want to know..."

and it turns out I was the one that started this thread nearly 4 years ago! 4 years ago!!! it took 3-1/2 years for someone to answer lol??? I guess I'm glad it got resurrected but I have no idea what even prompted me to post it in the first place yet it IS something that I've wondered about time after time.

I think Stevie can only crouch so far now...who knows, she might get stuck in that position. can you imagine? "umm, sharon, lori? would you come over here for a second?" reminds me of that scene in 9 to 5 where Dolly is calling Judy and Violet back to the trunk

i wonder if she still does her stretching and at least some simple ballet stuff?? I'm inclined to think no.
like a message in a bottle.. you got it back eventually...