Oh Well
Gypsy
Second Hand News

(encore#2)
I'm So Afraid
World Turning
Sisters Of The Moon
Say We'll Meet Again
And then Peter Green will come and play a set with them, and then John Bonham will come back from the dead so Zeppelin can tour again, and then Republicans and Democrats will see reason and start getting along, and then world peace, and... oh, sorry, my wish list is pretty long too.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
........and gives them the Platform to release Buckingham Nicks
What? "We've done some Lindsey songs, some Stevie songs - now we're gonna do ya some Lindsey AND Stevie songs?"

Don't get it. Not as "Fleetwood Mac"...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I know... but I just don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to see Unleashed yet again. I want new songs. Also, I've never seen Lindsey solo and I was looking forward to that
Ok, I can feel your pain, Dani. Lindsey live is amazing!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
I'm way too excited to wait. As soon as I caught a wiff of the first rumour, I was hooked.
I have had my special LB earbuds in place for nine days now...I'm so f'in ready for this.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramattack22 View Post
There are still a lot of holes in this....the May 11th date is obviously wrong, there's been no news of a new record deal (Is he one-upping with Reprise again, the way he did with GOS, or is he going to shop it?) and knowing both LB, SN and FM....this could be delayed NUMEROUS times!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

5/11 stands for May, 2011.........not May 11th.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike View Post
Here's the latest.....release date tentatively scheduled for 5/11. No
confirmed title as of yet and currently in Mastering phase. As everyone appears to know, Fleetwood Mac touring 7/11.
Where did the info come from?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Junior Ledgie

From the man himself, so please don't question the integrity of the info. I put this out for the fans.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From the man himself, so please don't question the integrity of the info. I put this out for the fans.
I wasn't questioning your integrity, I just hadn't heard it, and wondered where you got the info...didn't mean to sound disrespectful, so sorry if I came across that way. I hadn't thought to check Lindsey's own site, as it's almost never updated
Old 11-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Maybe they've finally got it right...maybe they've taken after Rockpile's model. (remember Rockpile?) Dave Edmunds & Nick Lowe. They used to each release solo albums (with Rockpile being the "band" on each of their albums). They would go out on tour as either "Dave Edmunds & Rockpile" or "Nick Lowe & Rockpile" depending on whose album was the most current...they'd play songs from each other's solo albums. Took 'em about 10 years until they finally made a "Rockpile" album.

Maybe that's what Stevie & Lindsey have finally gotten Mick & John to agree to do. Since they don't seem to agree when they record a band album, maybe they'd agree to this: They'll each release a solo album, then FLEETWOOD MAC tours behind the albums playing songs from each album (plus the standard 3/4 of Rumours, a couple of tracks from the '75 album, plus the now familiar "surprise" tracks from each Tusk & Mirage...and, if we've been good girls & boys, they'll play "Oh Well".

That way, Stevie & Lindsey each get to do their albums THEIR WAY, and Fleetwood Mac gets new material to tour behind.

Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone buy in??

Oh, did I forget to mention that even after all that time together, then Rockpile finally released a GROUP album & toured, then broke up.
I never heard of Rockpile, but that is a sweet idea and I'd definitely pay to see that.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

cincy is a blabbermouth! justkidding

ever since receiving the news i can't keep my clothes on either
Old 11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I wasn't questioning your integrity, I just hadn't heard it, and wondered where you got the info...didn't mean to sound disrespectful, so sorry if I came across that way. I hadn't thought to check Lindsey's own site, as it's almost never updated
I think cincy means that he has access to this information personally. And I know we appreciate it. (There are some on this board who have in the past played pranks on us and so I think that explains the skepticism... but as you can see we're all very thankful 4 the info and so excited by the prospect of new music from Lindsey!)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Maybe they've finally got it right...maybe they've taken after Rockpile's model. (remember Rockpile?) Dave Edmunds & Nick Lowe. They used to each release solo albums (with Rockpile being the "band" on each of their albums). They would go out on tour as either "Dave Edmunds & Rockpile" or "Nick Lowe & Rockpile" depending on whose album was the most current...they'd play songs from each other's solo albums. Took 'em about 10 years until they finally made a "Rockpile" album.

Maybe that's what Stevie & Lindsey have finally gotten Mick & John to agree to do. Since they don't seem to agree when they record a band album, maybe they'd agree to this: They'll each release a solo album, then FLEETWOOD MAC tours behind the albums playing songs from each album (plus the standard 3/4 of Rumours, a couple of tracks from the '75 album, plus the now familiar "surprise" tracks from each Tusk & Mirage...and, if we've been good girls & boys, they'll play "Oh Well".

That way, Stevie & Lindsey each get to do their albums THEIR WAY, and Fleetwood Mac gets new material to tour behind.

Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone buy in??

Oh, did I forget to mention that even after all that time together, then Rockpile finally released a GROUP album & toured, then broke up.
Steely Dan totally did this in 1993 - Donald Fagen just released Kamakiriad and Walter Becker was just about to release his own solo album - and the resulting tour featured songs from both of their albums. But then again, it took them another seven years (!) to finally release a proper Steely Dan album. And although Tom Petty has released solo albums, he's only toured with the Heartbreakers. I could totally see Fleetwood Mac doing this. This is a perfect storm for them. Stevie and Lindsey have released solo albums almost simultaneously. They both stand to benefit by exposing their new music to the larger FM fanbase. They play to larger audiences, charge higher ticket prices, make more money, etc. But most importantly they simply cannot go back to playing a greatest hits show again- they've already blown that wad and enough time has not passed since Unleashed. I could envision Lindsey starting out the show with a new solo song. Then Stevie enters the stage to do one of her new songs. A couple of FM songs. A couple of Stevie solo hits. A couple of Lindsey solo songs. A couple of new songs all done together. All backed by Mick and John. It would be the ultimate Fleetwood Mac experience IMHO.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
God told you!?