Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
...nah..leave it on...
Well I already have most of it off. But I think I'll leave what's left on. It makes kind of a smokey thing around my eyes.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472 View Post
Well I already have most of it off. But I think I'll leave what's left on. It makes kind of a smokey thing around my eyes.
I loves me some smokey Ryan eyes.....
Old 11-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down i am ...

being pissed off and annoyed.

i made plans this year to go to my friend's house in indiana for thanksgiving because i went last year and had a grand time. they're essentially my second family, and i love being around them ... but i found out that my brother may be able to come home for thanksgiving, so i decided not to go. i called to tell them, and they're pissed off at me. i could understand their disappointment (i mean, i'm so fab, y'know. ), but what am i supposed to do? i tried to meet them halfway and said i'd try to come out monday night and stay through wednesday, but my friend was like, "i don't know ... maybe you shouldn't come out at all." WTF. and not once did they say anything like, oh, that's great that your brother will be home for TG. just "you suck."

and my day was incredibly ****ty to start with. it was my day off, and i ended up going in anyway, and staying 2 hrs late, and getting yelled at for circs i couldn't control. oh, and i found out this week that my dad's back in jail. and i don't have anyone to talk to because my closest friends are mad at me.

so i'm just going to sit here and listen to emmylou.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
being pissed off and annoyed.

i made plans this year to go to my friend's house in indiana for thanksgiving because i went last year and had a grand time. they're essentially my second family, and i love being around them ... but i found out that my brother may be able to come home for thanksgiving, so i decided not to go. i called to tell them, and they're pissed off at me. i could understand their disappointment (i mean, i'm so fab, y'know. ), but what am i supposed to do? i tried to meet them halfway and said i'd try to come out monday night and stay through wednesday, but my friend was like, "i don't know ... maybe you shouldn't come out at all." WTF. and not once did they say anything like, oh, that's great that your brother will be home for TG. just "you suck."

and my day was incredibly ****ty to start with. it was my day off, and i ended up going in anyway, and staying 2 hrs late, and getting yelled at for circs i couldn't control. oh, and i found out this week that my dad's back in jail. and i don't have anyone to talk to because my closest friends are mad at me.

so i'm just going to sit here and listen to emmylou.

Good God, Carrie! I'm really sorry...

But hey - our dads are jailbirds...jailbird dads unite...*highfive* Hmm..doesn't quite work I guess.

Anyway - that is really crappy how your friend's family reacted - I mean it's your BROTHER! Hopefully they'll come around and realize that they've reacted horribly. And it is sort of flattering, they obviously really wanted you there...
Old 11-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Good God, Carrie! I'm really sorry...

But hey - our dads are jailbirds...jailbird dads unite...*highfive* Hmm..doesn't quite work I guess.

Anyway - that is really crappy how your friend's family reacted - I mean it's your BROTHER! Hopefully they'll come around and realize that they've reacted horribly. And it is sort of flattering, they obviously really wanted you there...
*highfives back!*

yeah, it's kind of flattering, but i'm starting to think they see it as an obligation on my behalf to be there, above anything else. i'm just glad telling them is out of the way, that was a big dark cloud over my head the last day and a half.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

yeah, it's kind of flattering, but i'm starting to think they see it as an obligation on my behalf to be there, above anything else. i'm just glad telling them is out of the way, that was a big dark cloud over my head the last day and a half.
Aww...yeah that sucks...is your brother for sure making it in next week?

Geez...I can't even believe Thanksgiving is already next week
Old 11-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aww...yeah that sucks...is your brother for sure making it in next week?

Geez...I can't even believe Thanksgiving is already next week
no, it's not a sure thing yet. nothing ever is with the army!

i know, the holidays have totally crept up on me this year. craaaazy!
Old 11-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no, it's not a sure thing yet. nothing ever is with the army!

i know, the holidays have totally crept up on me this year. craaaazy!
Totally ot....

What is Emmylou's latest album? OR is there one or two that you like best?

We have several here at work - and I don't know which one or two to try out to start with.

We also have the Mark Knopfler/Emmylou one...
Old 11-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Totally ot....

What is Emmylou's latest album? OR is there one or two that you like best?

We have several here at work - and I don't know which one or two to try out to start with.

We also have the Mark Knopfler/Emmylou one...
emmylou is never ot for me.

her latest is stumble into grace. i'm currently totally in love with red dirt girl because it's a f*cking masterpiece. i also love roses in the snow because it's bluegrass-y and that's how i roll . but you honestly can't go wrong with ELH. definitely borrow the MK/ELH album. it's frigging amazing. probably a little mellow for some people, it's very "adult," you know?
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
emmylou is never ot for me.

her latest is stumble into grace. i'm currently totally in love with red dirt girl because it's a f*cking masterpiece. i also love roses in the snow because it's bluegrass-y and that's how i roll . but you honestly can't go wrong with ELH. definitely borrow the MK/ELH album. it's frigging amazing. probably a little mellow for some people, it's very "adult," you know?
Sweet! We have Stumble into Grace I'll give it a listen this weekend along with the MK/ELH one...I don't mind mellow...
Old 11-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

I am braiding Carrie's hair extensions...
Old 11-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A slant on the what are you eating/listening to/drinking threads...

What are you doing right now?
Well.. I'm just alone at home crying from time to time.. waiting for the hospital call announcing my mom is dead. We all the family are just waiting..

for those who remember my thread " How do you prepare to say goodbye to your mother?", well now is the actual time. Dialisis was not enough and diabetes hit hard her health. It's been 10 days she is completely unconcious, not half concious like weeks ago, now she's completely asleep. Last exams showed she just god a brain stroke, kidney infection , etc. She won't make it, we already know. And she deserves peace. So I'm sad but resignated. That's it.

That's what I'm doing right now. Waiting.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Well.. I'm just alone at home crying from time to time.. waiting for the hospital call announcing my mom is dead. We all the family are just waiting..

for those who remember my thread " How do you prepare to say goodbye to your mother?", well now is the actual time. Dialisis was not enough and diabetes hit hard her health. It's been 10 days she is completely unconcious, not half concious like weeks ago, now she's completely asleep. Last exams showed she just god a brain stroke, kidney infection , etc. She won't make it, we already know. And she deserves peace. So I'm sad but resignated. That's it.

I'm so sorry.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
I am braiding Carrie's hair extensions...
uh, hello? that's ms. conshohocken.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

i'm so sorry, villavic. i can't even imagine.