The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

I doubt it's him lol, it's probably the same guy that decided to post at a Shania board claiming to be Shania's brother...lol

If Stevie were singing in the forest, and nobody heard her...would she still rule?

My Fleetwood Mac Photoalbum
Old 02-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I talked to him for a bit. I could be wrong. I don't see what he has to gain by acting like Mathew, so you never know! Seems like a nice guy non the less..
Old 02-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
Who knows if it is really him, but people would have to be really low to lie.
People lie on the internet? Surely you jest! Who knows if it's him or not... but there are always people willing to lie and string fans along. I remember when I was new to the internet some guy IM'd me and claimed he was Stevie's toyboy. Oh and that he was also shagging Meg Ryan, Nicole Kidman and the Dixie Chicks! heh

Pip
Old 02-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
People lie on the internet? Surely you jest! Who knows if it's him or not... but there are always people willing to lie and string fans along. I remember when I was new to the internet some guy IM'd me and claimed he was Stevie's toyboy. Oh and that he was also shagging Meg Ryan, Nicole Kidman and the Dixie Chicks! heh

Pip
I know - and I feel bad if this guy is who he says he is - though he has another member of that board vouching for him I just hate that people that pose as others (not that this guy is doing that) are so bored with their own lives that they have to make light of other peoples' interestes. AND - that sadly makes people suspicious.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Ledgie

hi all,
I can tell you that is indeed matthew anderson the REAL deal. I talk to him on a regular basis. but I totally understand why people would be skeptical... i know I would be...I have nothing to gain or lose in this, but I just want ya'll to know that it is him. Some may see it as a big deal, others not.. but all i know is hes a wonderful person and no matter what his connections are to stevie, i'm glad he became my friend.
mandersv
Old 02-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandersv
hi all,
I can tell you that is indeed matthew anderson the REAL deal. I talk to him on a regular basis. but I totally understand why people would be skeptical... i know I would be...I have nothing to gain or lose in this, but I just want ya'll to know that it is him. Some may see it as a big deal, others not.. but all i know is hes a wonderful person and no matter what his connections are to stevie, i'm glad he became my friend.
mandersv
Where did you meet Matthew? Nice to hear he is a cool guy

Pip
Old 02-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Manders, yeah, how'd you meet him/become his friend??

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 02-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Manders did you create that username just to come here and vouch for him? Since this is your first post..something makes me think manders is the same one posing as Matthew on BN board

Chris
Old 02-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Manders did you create that username just to come here and vouch for him? Since this is your first post..something makes me think manders is the same one posing as Matthew on BN board

Chris
Yikes. Retract the claws for a sec.

Manders is a real person; I met her last year at one of the shows. She posts on another board under the same username. She's just a normal fan like the rest of us. Except that she is also clearly a good friend - as she actually went to the effort of joining this board just to stand up for her friend, Matthew. What would she gain by posting to a bunch of strangers that she knows him?

Last edited by catinthedark; 02-17-2005 at 09:40 PM..
Old 02-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well the point is what makes this person (whom I have never met, I'm glad you have--good for you!) make it any more believable? Just because someone creates a username and says "Hey I know Matthew it's really him," we are all supposed to go OOH OK , NEVERMIND THEN.. lol seriously

It very well could be him now, I'm not saying that...He should've went through Marty or something though, to actually be believed..

Chris
Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Well, he actually didn't join The Ledge; he joined another board. So I fail to see why he should go through Marty. This thread is about him being on another board.

And I'm not sure why the sarcasm about me knowing Manders. I was just saying that she didn't just create that user name over here to vouch for him. She's had that user name for quite some time on another board.

Anyway, believe him or don't believe him. He's not posting here anyway, so what's the problem?
Old 02-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wasn't being sarcastic actually...And what I was saying is she CREATED that screen name on THIS board just to vouch for him...which is ok...just a little fishy, when trying to vouch for someone...

I'm aware that this thread is about him posting on another board, whoever this HE really is...but I was just saying that since real and credible people who actually have connections to the band have posted here, and done various things with this site--it would just be more believable.

Chris
Old 02-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It could possibly be him, he sounds believable in his posts...but it sucks to not know

Chris
Old 02-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
It could possibly be him, he sounds believable in his posts...but it sucks to not know

Chris
and, again, we have been burned here and elsewhere before. So, the skeptcism is not really a personal thing against him - it is just being gun shy. He seems like a real nice guy and sincere and Mands has been on BN for awhile and people jnow her. So, I believe him - as they say "faith is a hard thing to hold onto"

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

just wanted to say that i know mandersv, and know that mandersv is honest when posted that it mandersv knows it is matthew, peace