Default Link to Bob Dylan's 60 Minutes Interview

His first interview in 20 years:

http://news.globalfreepress.com/movs...n.BobDylan.mov
(Quicktime)

http://news.globalfreepress.com/movs...n.BobDylan.mp3
Old 12-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

He talks about the mysterious way his songs come to him and a lot of other interesting things and the magic of it all. He sounds a lot like another singer/songwriter we all know.
Also, another interesting note, he has been nominated for a Nobel Prize for literature this year.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a huge Dylan fan, so of course I watched the interview too. He is the same old Bob! He is just so mysterious and still not willing to give up very much information about himself and his work. He's always been that way. I wonder if we will ever truely know "THE" Bob Dylan. I really doubt it.

Also, I'm so glad he is nominated for the Nobel Prize for Literature! I sure hope he wins; he truely deserves it!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 12-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
I'm a huge Dylan fan, so of course I watched the interview too. He is the same old Bob! He is just so mysterious and still not willing to give up very much information about himself and his work. He's always been that way. I wonder if we will ever truely know "THE" Bob Dylan. I really doubt it.
Such a chameleon. Last time I saw him play live he was wearing his kabuki white makeup.
Have you read his book? I'm almost finished with it. I've really enjoyed it.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Such a chameleon. Last time I saw him play live he was wearing his kabuki white makeup.
The last time I saw him was this year in August. It was really good. He came with Willie Nelson, so he was dress more cowboy-esque for the show.

I just started on his book, because I just finished "Never Break the Chain: The Making of Rumours." I'm really excited to read it, but I'm afraid that it will leave me with more questions. Do you feel like you learned any more about Bob from the book? I'm sure it will be interesting no matter what though.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 12-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have you seen Masked and Anonymous yet? My, that is a hard one to digest in one sitting.

Old 12-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
Do you feel like you learned any more about Bob from the book?
Yes. His stories about the Village in the early 60's are great and so ares the New Orleans recording sessions with Daniel Lanois. He even tells little things about his family here and there.
My favorite Bob memory is me walking in to this place I used to work and he and Paul Simon came out to do their sound check and did Sounds Of Silence, Ring Of Fire and some other stuff. I was spellbound. They stayed on the stage and just jammed, completely unrehearsed for like 40 minutes. I have the poster from that show beautifully framed on my wall. It's got this bird...and well for some reason it reminds me of Rhiannon.
After sound check, Dylan, who was in his white kabuki powder said he was off to get chinese food. What a trip!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Have you seen Masked and Anonymous yet? My, that is a hard one to digest in one sitting.
No darling, I haven't.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. His stories about the Village in the early 60's are great and so ares the New Orleans recording sessions with Daniel Lanois. He even tells little things about his family here and there.
My favorite Bob memory is me walking in to this place I used to work and he and Paul Simon came out to do their sound check and did Sounds Of Silence, Ring Of Fire and some other stuff. I was spellbound. They stayed on the stage and just jammed, completely unrehearsed for like 40 minutes. I have the poster from that show beautifully framed on my wall. It's got this bird...and well for some reason it reminds me of Rhiannon.
After sound check, Dylan, who was in his white kabuki powder said he was off to get chinese food. What a trip!
Dylan owned the house across the street from my apt. (which was in this HUGE house) in New Orleans. Every now and then, he would take out his motorcycles (Harley's I believe) and he and several friends would go for a ride. He was a trip.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Dylan owned the house across the street from my apt. (which was in this HUGE house) in New Orleans. Every now and then, he would take out his motorcycles (Harley's I believe) and he and several friends would go for a ride. He was a trip.
He writes about that in the book, specifically a vintage Harley he used to ride a lot.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No darling, I haven't.
One of the oddest flicks I've ever seen. Not much of a plot, but it's a treat to watch Dylan perform with the likes of John Goodman and Jessica Lange for an hour and a half.

Old 12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
One of the oddest flicks I've ever seen. Not much of a plot, but it's a treat to watch Dylan perform with the likes of John Goodman and Jessica Lange for an hour and a half.
OMG, is that the one where he's got the badly dyed brown hair/wig? Seriously though, I bet he's a good actor.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG, is that the one where he's got the badly dyed brown hair/wig? Seriously though, I bet he's a good actor.
Yup. He played himself, so it wasn't much of a stretch for his acting muscles.

I still get a kick out what happened at the Cannes Film Festival, though. Bob Dylan was the ghostwriter for the movie and it hadn't been disclosed to the public that he actually wrote the film, and Jessica Lange spilled the beans when the first question was asked. I guess Mr. Dylan was pretty pissed.

Here's more info on it (fab songs!!):

http://imdb.com/title/tt0319829/

Old 12-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yup. He played himself, so it wasn't much of a stretch for his acting muscles.

I still get a kick out what happened at the Cannes Film Festival, though. Bob Dylan was the ghostwriter for the movie and it hadn't been disclosed to the public that he actually wrote the film, and Jessica Lange spilled the beans when the first question was asked. I guess Mr. Dylan was pretty pissed.

Here's more info on it (fab songs!!):

http://imdb.com/title/tt0319829/
Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely have to rent it.