User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default DVD software Help

OK I purchased a DVD copy program a while back and forgot about it. Today I decided to install it. It installed OK but I have to register it. When I got to register it I needed to put in a License ID# and a password so I did.
It tells me that the registration info was rejected by the server. It tells me to call a phone # for help. Guess what? I can get through.

There is a box that says Proxy Server I don't know if I need to check it off or not. I am registering online and on my own PC.

Anybody have any idea?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Proxy server -A server that sits between a client application, such as a Web browser, and a real server. It intercepts all requests to the real server to see if it can fulfil the requests itself. If not, it forwards the request to the real server. Proxy servers have two main purposes: Improve Performance: Proxy servers can dramatically improve performance for groups of users. This is because it saves the results of all requests for a certain amount of time. Real proxy servers support hundreds or thousands of users. The major online services such as Compuserve and America Online, for example, employ an array of proxy servers.

Yeeeessssss check the box! You don’t have to register it but the program saves a reminder in your startup. Hack that software. I’m sure it has feature you can find tweakers for. What’s the software? I might find some goodies on my walk around tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
Proxy server -A server that sits between a client application, such as a Web browser, and a real server. It intercepts all requests to the real server to see if it can fulfil the requests itself. If not, it forwards the request to the real server. Proxy servers have two main purposes: Improve Performance: Proxy servers can dramatically improve performance for groups of users. This is because it saves the results of all requests for a certain amount of time. Real proxy servers support hundreds or thousands of users. The major online services such as Compuserve and America Online, for example, employ an array of proxy servers.

Yeeeessssss check the box! You don’t have to register it but the program saves a reminder in your startup. Hack that software. I’m sure it has feature you can find tweakers for. What’s the software? I might find some goodies on my walk around tomorrow.

OK I checked the box and now it wants a ISP address and a port #?

I can't use the stupid software unless I register and I can't get through on the phone.

It is called DVD X Copy Xpress. It's made by 321 Studios.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I highly doubt you’ll understand this but anyhoo here’ s a link for your Windows OS explaining the ports. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../firewall.aspx Do a google search on your software. There’s probably tons of crap explaining your exact problem. It’s old software but most of the old crap has been hacked already if it’s worth anything. By the way I can’t help you without system information. No one can. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html for a snapshot of your system and post your problems on http://www.computing.net/ or another geek board like I explained earlier.

You have a web site right? The geeks will be your friends if you send them a$$ hairs or demos.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Check your PM for your ISP address. Try entering a few of those port numbers. One of them will work. You can’t hurt anything trying.

Last edited by ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®; 12-07-2004 at 11:33 PM..