User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I hope he writes scathing songs about Fleetwood Mac.
From what he said, he couldn't care less about them. They're not worth 10 seconds of his weakest song. None of them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Junior Ledgie

If he's waiting until after the pandemic, it'll be longer than spring 2021.

Unfortunately
Old 09-12-2020, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seminal 80s New Wave band New Order were supposed to be going on a big tour this fall. Although it was postponed, what did the band do, citing they didn’t have anything else to do during lockdown? Each member isolated from one another recorded bits and sent them around to each other to assemble a brand new single which they have released because they feel the world needs uplifting music. And, apparently, so inspired by the process they are now promising more new music. This is NOT a prolific band so... seems they are using the downtime of the pandemic wisely.

Lindsey, listen up! It’s a new era. It might even be HIS era (master of the home studio that he is).

Anyway here’s the New Order single:’ https://youtu.be/f6E6ugW7TOo

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any news on this?
Old 09-18-2020, 10:31 AM

I really hope it's the quiet before the storm.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why is Stevie releasing new music during the covidpocalypse but not Lindsey?!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
He could be waiting for a time when people feel more comfortable going to a store to buy a cd or an album.

Stevie's a mega-millionaire. She probably won't charge for Show Them the Way. It'll probably be on YouTube
Old 10-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
My guess would be that he wants to be able to tour to support a new release so that it has maximum impact.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whatever Lindsey is waiting for, he shouldn’t.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Amen!

He needs to release something Friday! What a great way to ... start a conversation.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Quote:
Amen!

He needs to release something Friday! What a great way to ... start a conversation.
while i cannot agree more with you guys that he should be slowly releasing and dripping stuff from his new album, the way The Killers and others have been, during the pandemic / non touring time, i COMPLETELY disagree that he needs to do anything to counteract his ex. so no, now or this Friday? no reason.

that's her sick sad never-getting-over-his-role-in-her-life thing to do, to keep competing with him. he doesn't have to worry about anything she's doing anymore. she took herself out of his life and her trying to re-write that history with her interviews now ("i'm oh so sad about him leaving FM" bs) is not gonna change that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
while i cannot agree more with you guys that he should be slowly releasing and dripping stuff from his new album, the way The Killers and others have been, during the pandemic / non touring time, i COMPLETELY disagree that he needs to do anything to counteract his ex. so no, now or this Friday? no reason.

that's her sick sad never-getting-over-his-role-in-her-life thing to do, to keep competing with him. he doesn't have to worry about anything she's doing anymore. she took herself out of his life and her trying to re-write that history with her interviews now ("i'm oh so sad about him leaving FM" bs) is not gonna change that.
I am sure you can appreciate that I am appealing to a marketing gimmick and the impulse for dramz to make the case to release something now.

I am grasping at straws.

But yes I am petty. 😝 Lindsey is not

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-08-2020 at 06:11 PM..
Old 10-08-2020, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Totally agree with all of this, but she has so many minions hanging on every word she says and will interpret her RIDICULOUS comment that his firing was his fault. She talked about divorcing a man she was never married too---that alone should tell you which one of them is hung up on the other.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:

You mean they ARE NOT in love!!!??? I need to go sit down and re-think this.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Totally agree with all of this, but she has so many minions hanging on every word she says and will interpret her RIDICULOUS comment that his firing was his fault. She talked about divorcing a man she was never married too---that alone should tell you which one of them is hung up on the other.
well and the whole "divorce" metaphor is one she used back during the first band interview post-firing (with Mike and Neil present). She blamed fans for their reactions, comparing them to children whose parents were divorcing and being upset that mommy and daddy were splitting up and how emotionally hard that is for kids. Her message was that sometimes mommy and daddy (the grown ups) have to do what's best for them despite how upsetting it is for the kids (fans). Like, someday when you grow up you'll better understand why mom and dad split up and see that it was the best thing for everyone. I found it rather insulting then and still now.