Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Seteca...

Quote:
Seinfeld. The greatest show of all time!
We have another Seinfeld-head in the building. LOL!!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Article and Pictures posted...........

The article and pictures is finally posted at
- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/artic...ticle1103.html

Thanks for Les for her help, sorry it took so long to post, enjoy the pictures

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 11-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Music devoid of emotion is worthless.
Which is why so many people continue to value the relationship of Buckingham & Nicks almost as much as they value the music itself. The relationship lends itself to the music, and vice versa. It's a symbiotic thing, both feeding the other.

For me, their relationship is fascinating on certain levels because it's so mercurial... but I don't have any kind of emotional investment in whether or not they end up together.

As a fan, I'd like to see them both happy, but I don't think that happiness can only be found with each other.
Some romantic relationships just don't work, for a variety of reasons. And no matter how intertwined two people's lives might be, that's no assurance that they'll grow old together, sitting on the front porch in their rocking chairs.

I think almost all of us have at least one or two people about whom we'll always wonder "what if," even though some things just aren't meant to be.
But it's the romanticism of that wondering, which keeps a little torch forever burning.
And wherever their paths might take them, it's that same little torch which pretty much insures that Lindsey and Stevie will continue to mine their relationship for more great music in the years to come.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:36 PM

Thumbs up

Loved the article, well worth the £3.80 for the magazine

Hey you americans coming over can all buy a copy (aswell as a copy of Peacekeeper!!! :-D) or make that several copies
Old 11-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the pictures, Neil! That close-up of Lindsey is really sort of too close up!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Les...

I was thinking the SAME thing...like WOAH, back up with the camera there, buddy. We don't need to see nose hair and inside his pores.

Thanks for the article and pics Neil!!
Old 11-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I agree with Jason too

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Jason, I get what you are saying and YES they have chemistry and a love that will never die, for each other. They have a special bond and I "get" that, I'm just the kind of person that doesn't get gooey when they do the Landslide thing and Say Goodbye stuff. If I DO get gooey, it's from the song, not them. LOL I'm not saying they are faking everything up there, they are just acting a bit here and there for the crowd.

That's all I'm sayin'.
Not even a little gooey during the SYW lasso dance?

I agree the same routine every night is rote. But, I will never believe the emotion underlying it is. But, hey, what do I know!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation DANGIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Not even a little gooey during the SYW lasso dance?
I tried to hide my tears during that one, but apparently, you caught me. Dang you man!!
Old 11-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was watching you from across the arena in Dallas for just that reaction!!!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This certainly IS quite an intense article to read.

I enjoy such insight into their real thoughts and feelings....

But can I ask......why did they use an Eagles song title to head an article about Fleetwood Mac???? Take It To The Limit!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 11-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Music devoid of emotion is worthless.
Quote:
Which is why so many people continue to value the relationship of Buckingham & Nicks almost as much as they value the music itself. The relationship lends itself to the music, and vice versa. It's a symbiotic thing, both feeding the other.
Hmmm, perhaps why Chris has always been my favorite. I believe she rounded the whole thing out. She was the heart. Lindsey's quirky songs. Stevie's .....(any descriptive term I use will be challenged) songs. Songs like Hold Me, Think about Me, YMLF, Why, and Little Lies are, IMO, the absolute BEST FM songs(again, IMO)
God I miss that woman...
Old 11-18-2003, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Here's how rumours (pun intended) get started: The article mentions nail SCISSORS, and I've already seen in at least a half-dozen postings (one here) people referring to Lindsey cutting his hair with nail clippers.
Oops! That was me. I actually realized it was nail scissors - I don't know why I put nail clippers. I certainly wasn't trying to distort anything, or portray Lindsey as a lunatic! Just a mistake.

Heck, I've cut my own bangs with nail scissors when they've gotten too long. (Believe it or not, I actually wrote "nail clippers" again here and had to go back and change it! I'm hopeless)

Oh, and I totally think Stevie was serious. Who wouldn't regret leaving Lindsey Buckingham?! lol

Last edited by sodascouts; 11-18-2003 at 10:05 PM..
Old 11-18-2003, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by HomerMcvie
Hmmm, perhaps why Chris has always been my favorite. I believe she rounded the whole thing out. She was the heart. Lindsey's quirky songs. Stevie's .....(any descriptive term I use will be challenged) songs. Songs like Hold Me, Think about Me, YMLF, Why, and Little Lies are, IMO, the absolute BEST FM songs(again, IMO)
God I miss that woman...
Like you said, even though Lindsey and Stevie are fantastic, it just isn't the same.

I'll miss her, but here's to her new album coming to record stores soon!

BTW Les, thanx a ton for the article!

It's great!

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"
Old 11-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: BWAH!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847

What was it chilid said...Rumours may have been the worst thing to happen to them. I kinda agree because Lindsey feels the soap overpowers the music, and it does seem that way.
I agree - Lindsey does feel the same way. So why do some people think he'd be determined to encourage that by "faking" it? That implies a shockingly low opinion of his artistic integrity.

Yeah, it's not "spontaneous," but it's genuine. Sure, I can't be 100% sure, but I for one am going to give Lindsey the benefit of the doubt and assume he IS being sincere until I'm proven wrong. I think he deserves to be considered "innocent until proven guilty." Why be so quick (for some, arguably eager) to assume the worst?

Old 11-18-2003, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Oops! That was me. I actually realized it was nail scissors - I don't know why I put nail clippers. I certainly wasn't trying to distort anything, or portray Lindsey as a lunatic! Just a mistake.
Nancy, not trying to knock you. Didn't even realize it was your post. Just making a point.