View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I don't think DOR could be bettered live. It's just so sublime in the studio version.
It's an extraordinary song in all its forms, in my opinion -- and sublime really is the word for it It has such real warmth and grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
And as long as we're discussing what he should play, I was bummed to see in the video from the 826LA benefit that he still is playing NGBA waaaayyyy to slow! My god, it was sublime during the SYW tour...perfect tempo...so sexy, but I really don't like it at this sappy pace ( I know this was discussed before, but I had to get it out ).
One of the very strong memories I have of seeing Lindsey live on Unleashed last year was how he got to show off his voice with the slowed-down NGBA. Those long, drawn out notes really drew attention to the warmth and richness in his voice, they were strong but perfectly controlled and absolutely delicious to hear. That's one benefit of a slower NGBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramattack22 View Post
Coincidentaly he played/recorded/relesaed almost all of them live, which made for a great UTS live album when edited together.
I never realised that, do you have a playlist of your favourite live versions of the songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Love Runs Deeper and Gift of Screws were awesome live. I hope he plays them again when he tours.
Seconded. Love Runs Deeper is a tour de force, it always puts me in great form Here's hoping it'll stay in the setlist if I get to see him next year!