The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking New Article.....confirms Some Stops On The Tour!!!!!

The link will be at the bottom. The tour will open May 7th in Columbus, OH. Other cities include Washington, D.C.; Pittsburgh; Cleveland; New York; Atlanta; Ft. Lauderdale(YAY!!!!!!!!); and Detroit!

http://www.businesswire.com/photowir...30350333.shtml

~Alex

Old 02-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks Alex.
I was thinking "Wow this is a knowledgable, flattering article!" - then I finally realise its a media release from Reprise! (But you'd think they would get the date for Tango In The Night right!!)

Does anyone know what the significance, if any, Columbus or Ohio has? Or is the start of a tour unimportant whereas the finale is??
Old 02-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's funny, the news is all over the web and yet the official website still hasn't been updated where you're meant to "hear the latest news first".

Also, has anybody got any news emails from fleetwoodmac.com yet?? I've only ever received updates from Sir Gallahad over at MickFleetwood.com.

I'm starting to get really excited about the tour & album! If L.A. is not possible I'm gonna do everything I can to make it to the New York show. (It would be a couple of thousand miles closer aswell! )

Last edited by seteca; 02-04-2003 at 05:54 PM..
Old 02-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Columbus is strictly logistical, looks like they'll work their way down the eastern side of the country and head south, then zig-zag through the mid-west and south, ending up on the west coast, that's a pretty typical itinerary for touring acts.

Makes sense that they'd want to play smaller markets and warm up and build up their confidence a bit before the critics in the major markets see them...

I'm just so damn excited! I don't care where they start or end up!

Livia
Old 02-04-2003, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

At least they will come to Fort Lauderdale...that arena is only 15 minutes form my house!!! YAY! LOL Anyone else coming down to the sunshine state?

~Alex

Old 02-04-2003, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Gee, I did not see any New England cities listed. I hope they don't skip over us. I doubt it That wasn't the full list. Anyone from Columbus, Oh area? I am thinking of going to the opening show. I will wait until all of the dates are announced before I make plans.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
It's funny, the news is all over the web and yet the official website still hasn't been updated where you're meant to "hear the latest news first".

Also, has anybody got any news emails from fleetwoodmac.com yet?? I've only ever received updates from Sir Gallahad over at MickFleetwood.com.

I'm starting to get really excited about the tour & album! If L.A. is not possible I'm gonna do everything I can to make it to the New York show. (It would be a couple of thousand miles closer aswell! )

Hi Seteca...I am more than likely to make it to an East Coast gig now rather than LA

Pip
Old 02-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am thinking of going to the opening show. I will wait until all of the dates are announced before I make plans.
I've already been playing around on expedia, southwest.com, etc. I would love to go to the opening show, but since it's on a Wednesday night, I'm thinking of saving my vacation time for a Sat. nite gig instead...and I've always wanted to see them play Madison Square Garden, but then I'd wanna spend a few days in NYC ($$$$$). If DC is at the beginning of the tour, I'd have a free place to stay for that....AAAAHHH! Decisions, decisions...

And then I realized that Stevie's birthday is on Memorial Day this year, a national holiday (won't have to burn a vacation day).

Livia
Old 02-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

if they play OKC, Obviously I will be there (And the same for Tulsa...But I doubt a Tulsa date will materialize), But I'm somewhat at a "doubtful" stance on another Dallas trip...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
I've already been playing around on expedia, southwest.com, etc. I would love to go to the opening show, but since it's on a Wednesday night, I'm thinking of saving my vacation time for a Sat. nite gig instead...and I've always wanted to see them play Madison Square Garden, but then I'd wanna spend a few days in NYC ($$$$$). If DC is at the beginning of the tour, I'd have a free place to stay for that....AAAAHHH! Decisions, decisions...

And then I realized that Stevie's birthday is on Memorial Day this year, a national holiday (won't have to burn a vacation day).

Livia
I have a credit from Southwest Air but I kind of wanted to save it for like a show in Az or Ca or Fl. I get three and a half weeks vacation BUT the time has to be approved I get all of the major holidays off, too.
I hope the MSG show is on a Saturday night,too. That means my friend can go and she has access to a place in NYC.
I still might go alone if I can get the time off from work. I will stay at the Ramada near MSG maybe. We are going to NYC the long weekend coming up. While I am in NYC I am going to stop by the Ramada and check it out. It's not far from Macy's either.
I will be taking Amtrak if I go to NYC and Penn Station is right next to MSG.
If they have a date on May 8th I might go because it is my birthday. Again if it is a city I have to fly to, well I don't know.
My friend is off Friday May 9th but she will not fly

I am still so excited about this whole tour!!
Old 02-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Hi Seteca...I am more than likely to make it to an East Coast gig now rather than LA

Pip
Hi Pip...that's cool! It would be awesome if we ended up going to the same show!! If NYC happens after June 4th, then I will almost definitely be there.