Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lorde praises Fleetwood Mac live in NZ

https://www.instagram.com/p/-W6dixNl...-by=lordemusic

lordemusic
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I SAW THE BEST CONCERT OF MY LIFE LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS FLEETWOOD MAC. never before as an audience member has a band given so much to me. i went to this show in the pouring rain and heavy wind outdoors at mount smart stadium with my parents, my big green raincoat buttoned up to the chin and pulled tight so no one would see me. my ears ached from the cold, and then mick started banging that kick at the beginning of 'the chain', and i forgot how cold it was. they were more energising than a hundred young bands i've seen. for over 2 and a half hours, every song was a hit. every song had a place in my heart, in the fabric of my childhood and my family life. i held my parents' hands and screamed the words. the band were completely musically tight - in particular stevie's voice was sharp and clear and full. STEVIE. how purely magical it was to see her in front of me, my crescent moon mother, in the flesh, all in black, her hair playing tricks with the light. there was so much love coming from the band directed at us but mainly at each other - I can't even tell you how special it was to see lindsey kiss stevie's hand, and speak softly in her ear. it made me believe what lindsey said about the making of 'rumours', and where they are now - that it was destiny.

love this soaking wet kaleidoscopic photo my phone grabbed during tusk. i guess that's what happens when you try photograph witches and wizards as they weave dreams in front of you ������

[thanks for drawing attention to this post @BUCKlNGHAMNlCKS!]

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I SAW THE BEST CONCERT OF MY LIFE LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS FLEETWOOD MAC. never before as an audience member has a band given so much to me. i went to this show in the pouring rain and heavy wind outdoors at mount smart stadium with my parents, my big green raincoat buttoned up to the chin and pulled tight so no one would see me. my ears ached from the cold, and then mick started banging that kick at the beginning of 'the chain', and i forgot how cold it was. they were more energising than a hundred young bands i've seen. for over 2 and a half hours, every song was a hit. every song had a place in my heart, in the fabric of my childhood and my family life. i held my parents' hands and screamed the words. the band were completely musically tight - in particular stevie's voice was sharp and clear and full. STEVIE. how purely magical it was to see her in front of me, my crescent moon mother, in the flesh, all in black, her hair playing tricks with the light. there was so much love coming from the band directed at us but mainly at each other - I can't even tell you how special it was to see lindsey kiss stevie's hand, and speak softly in her ear. it made me believe what lindsey said about the making of 'rumours', and where they are now - that it was destiny. love this soaking wet kaleidoscopic photo my phone grabbed during tusk. i guess that's what happens when you try photograph witches and wizards as they weave dreams in front of you ������

A photo posted by Lorde (@lordemusic) on

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 11-21-2015 at 02:28 PM..
Old 11-21-2015, 02:28 PM

Wonderful.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Wonderful.
she also tweeted to her 4.04 million followers -

Lorde ‏@lordemusic 40m40 minutes ago
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I SAW THE BEST CONCERT OF MY LIFE LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS @fleetwoodmac.
https://instagram.com/p/-W6dixNlbK/

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love her music and she is a huge success. She could have used her clout for an up front view for her and her parents. How interesting that she just wanted to blend in with the crowd. Skip, do you know who she is?
Old 11-21-2015, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I love her music and she is a huge success. She could have used her clout for an up front view for her and her parents. How interesting that she just wanted to blend in with the crowd. Skip, do you know who she is?
Yes I know who she is.Her face was on RS a couple years ago and thats when I learn who she is.I did not know that she is from NZ.She is adorable looking.I love her big hair I got to watch what I say.I way old enough to be her pop.LOL...

The FM note is on her Wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorde

It's nice to see these young artists and bands pinned down FM that influenced them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-22-2015, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I love her music and she is a huge success.
I like her music also.

Just don't let her dance.