User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham - this tour could be the last one in current incarnation

i wish they elaborated or gave some context to this:

"Buckingham has stated this tour could well be it. The last one with such a line-up in its current incarnation. But new songs are now written, and an album might follow."

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/yorks...-mac-1-7333100

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well that's weird. Obviously if it was Stevie not being up for another tour then it would've mentioned it. Something taken out of context and put as the headline by the looks of it.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Registered

My thoughts on what will happen

Fleetwood Mac (and Stevie!) will record the new album this fall to winter and release it in the spring. Stevie will record 24KG #2 in the spring and tour in the summer. Lindsey will record a final solo album. Christine & John will retire. Mick & Rick will tour as the MFBB.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
My thoughts on what will happen

Fleetwood Mac (and Stevie!) will record the new album this fall to winter and release it in the spring. Stevie will record 24KG #2 in the spring and tour in the summer. Lindsey will record a final solo album. Christine & John will retire. Mick & Rick will tour as the MFBB.

a friend participated in Mick's m&g at the last London show and said i could share what Mick said:

"He said they are doing a new album but because of this tour and Australia they won't be sitting down till around March cause they finish in December and they want a break to relax and unwind. Then they will be working throughout March to get the album out and he said stevie likes to do her solo stuff so if she has time to do a few songs then christine and lindsey can work around that and produce it.

Someone asked how many more years do u have left he said maybe 4 or 5 depending on how people feel.

He said I wanna go back out in two years again but we have to see where everyone is at and if it can happen cause he said the other bands can go out and they don't need to ask anyone they just say this is what's happening. But fleetwood mac is different, 5 individuals that have a equal say in what happens so if one can't go then they can't go.

He says he can't fill out stadiums on his own but he is blessed to do what he does for so long."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Well that's weird. Obviously if it was Stevie not being up for another tour then it would've mentioned it. Something taken out of context and put as the headline by the looks of it.
lol unlike usual.

Stevie has been pretty clear in recent interviews that she has had enough of touring with FM. which doesn't mean she won't change her mind. there were some indications she had to be talked into Australia.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I think they're all sort of realizing the fact that by the time it takes to finish this tour, take a few years off and start again... it's a very real possibility that some of them may not be in good enough form physically or could be at a place in life where they're just not interested, given their ages.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol unlike usual.

Stevie has been pretty clear in recent interviews that she has had enough of touring with FM. which doesn't mean she won't change her mind. there were some indications she had to be talked into Australia.
Since Say You Will, Stevie has toured more than record. She should have recorded and released a studio album in the mid-2000's, or released several live albums from many tours.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
a friend participated in Mick's m&g at the last London show and said i could share what Mick said:

"He said they are doing a new album but because of this tour and Australia they won't be sitting down till around March cause they finish in December and they want a break to relax and unwind. Then they will be working throughout March to get the album out and he said stevie likes to do her solo stuff so if she has time to do a few songs then christine and lindsey can work around that and produce it.

Someone asked how many more years do u have left he said maybe 4 or 5 depending on how people feel.

He said I wanna go back out in two years again but we have to see where everyone is at and if it can happen cause he said the other bands can go out and they don't need to ask anyone they just say this is what's happening. But fleetwood mac is different, 5 individuals that have a equal say in what happens so if one can't go then they can't go.

He says he can't fill out stadiums on his own but he is blessed to do what he does for so long."
that sounds fairly encouraging.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes, and I like that . In the context of the FM interview, it does not even seem to be something that Lindsey said, rather a summary.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
see to me this sounds like more hoping and praying and waiting... the way they have been doing since at least 2009, and what resulted in 2 last nostalgia tours, tons of money for the band, but no real new releases.

that summation of what Lindsey said seems much more encouraging to me, like we may actually get something fairly soon. but then when you take Mick's statements, you see that's just Lindsey's wishful thinking and at least 2 out of 5 members don't agree.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"Buckingham has stated this tour could well be it."

To me, the above statement reads like the journalist is paraphrasing what Lindsey has said someplace else, some other time. If he had said it to the interviewer, surely he would have put it like this:

"Buckingham states this tour could well be it."

Or something that gives the paper some credit for the information like "During our conversation, Buckingham stated..."

Might be me being a pedant and maybe it is something he said to the journo, off course. The phrasing just seems off to me.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 06-30-2015, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
"Buckingham has stated this tour could well be it."

To me, the above statement reads like the journalist is paraphrasing what Lindsey has said someplace else, some other time. If he had said it to the interviewer, surely he would have put it like this:

"Buckingham states this tour could well be it."

Or something that gives the paper some credit for the information like "During our conversation, Buckingham stated..."

Might be me being a pedant and maybe it is something he said to the journo, off course. The phrasing just seems off to me.
yeah you could be right. maybe journalist summarized something LB has said in the past, or something he told him in person. he did seem to have talked to him in person for the article:

“I didn’t really know exactly what Christine McVie was up to in those missing years,” says a sprightly 65-year-old Lindsey Buckingham. “She pretty much took permanent leave of the performing world and moved back to England and lived somewhere out in the country.”

it's weird because the tweet from the paper is quoting LB, but other than the quote i pasted above there are no other direct quotes from Lindsey there -

The Yorkshire Post ‏@yorkshirepost 7h7 hours ago
Lindsey Buckingham prepares for tonight's @fleetwoodmac gig at @fdarena #FleetwoodMac http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/yorks...-mac-1-7333100

either way, it's nothing new - Lindsey and Mick have each been saying basically the same thing during their various and frequent fan encounters and m&gs since the tour started. Mick still seems to be hoping they'll get SN on board, and LB still seems to be open to various different options that may get new FM music finally out. the ball just keeps getting pushed down the court timewise, to the next break they have from tour, in each new interview. last time there was i think an interview from Christine where she was saying they'll work on new album during the break before AUS/NZ. now it's after the tour finishes and they get a 3 month break.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think many are reading way too much into quotes here or there. The group is just finishing a HUGE world tour of about 100 shows and they have not even went to Australia yet. Some are tired and not making future plans while on this beast of a tour. Like Mick said no decisions will be made until the tour is complete and everyone is rested. Until then I wont dissect and analyze every word on interviews of what may or may not happen after this tour.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think many are reading way too much into quotes here or there. The group is just finishing a HUGE world tour of about 100 shows and they have not even went to Australia yet. Some are tired and not making future plans while on this beast of a tour. Like Mick said no decisions will be made until the tour is complete and everyone is rested. Until then I wont dissect and analyze every word on interviews of what may or may not happen after this tour.
you don't have to, it's your prerogative to conclude whatever makes you happy - this is all entertainment after all.

the fact remains that Mick and Lindsey have been saying exact same things since the tour started.

the fatigue of the tour has not changed their minds, but maybe makes them less careful about what they say in public interviews vs what they just say in one on one encounters and m&gs. nothing has changed and nobody is reading anything extra that has not been said by the band members over and over since the tour started (or even before since april 2014 when Mick first brought it up at some book signing).

Old 06-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you don't have to, it's your prerogative to conclude whatever makes you happy - this is all entertainment after all.

the fact remains that Mick and Lindsey have been saying exact same things since the tour started.

the fatigue of the tour has not changed their minds, but maybe makes them less careful about what they say in public interviews vs what they just say in one on one encounters and m&gs. nothing has changed and nobody is reading anything extra that has not been said by the band members over and over since the tour started (or even before since april 2014 when Mick first brought it up at some book signing).
Likewise, Stevie's message has stayed the same since SYW. Not interested in a FM album.