Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question What would you ask Mick?

If you were at the M&G Q&A sesión, what would you like to ask Mick?
My questions would be:

1. Is it true you are writing a new book? when is it expected to be issued?
2. For you, what was the hardest song to record?
3. Besides Oh Daddy, is there another song about you, or that you feel identified with?

PS: Please suggest cool questiosn, hehee... I know we all would want to ask him something like Why that expensive??? But…
Old 04-01-2014, 05:44 PM

1. Is there really a new album in the works?
2. When is Stevie going to record?
Old 04-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dear Mick, I've been a lifelong fan, since 8th grade. I've hung on every move FM ever made, and followed every incarnation. I'd say I'm in the top 5% of your fanbase.

Now WHY do I have to pay $750 for a good ticket to this tour? For Mirage, I was 5th row, center. "How much was the ticket, you ask?" Why Mick, it was $16!

You're a greedy, greedy man, Mr. Fleetwood.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dear HomerMcvie
In 1982 you could fly to South America for $300
Disney world tickets were less than $29

Now I have to maintain my Maui properties and pay lot of taxes
Please support me! To thank you you will get a free soda in my Hawaii restaurant, if you go to dinner there
Old 04-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Dear Mick, I've been a lifelong fan, since 8th grade. I've hung on every move FM ever made, and followed every incarnation. I'd say I'm in the top 5% of your fanbase.

Now WHY do I have to pay $750 for a good ticket to this tour? For Mirage, I was 5th row, center. "How much was the ticket, you ask?" Why Mick, it was $16!

I think you need to ask the people willing to pay this much and more ... why ?

"They"are just going with what people are willing to pay .. and will probably calculate this in to the next tour , I totally agree with you I have seen every tour since rumours.

I will not pay. I can easily afford a $1500. ticket with out sacrificing anything ... but i won't and i will not die if i do not see the rumours line up again .... I'll wait for the Behind the Mask line up I really like them

Last edited by olive; 04-01-2014 at 06:26 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I've seen you quote the $750 figure a couple of times now. I know you're quoting VIP/Platinum prices, but you can buy tier 1/floor seats on Ticketmaster for $179.50. Nosebleeds start at $49.50. Not exactly cheap, but more affordable than some of the Mac's contemporaries.

Edit: I just looked at Dallas' Platinum seats, and they aren't too many of them... none of them are even in the first 4 rows, either. I think you can do better just going for the regular $179.50 seats. If you're lucky, you'll nab a closer seat at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 04-01-2014 at 06:27 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've seen you quote the $750 figure a couple of times now. I know you're quoting VIP/Platinum prices, but you can buy tier 1/floor seats on Ticketmaster for $179.50. Nosebleeds start at $49.50. Not exactly cheap, but more affordable than some of the Mac's contemporaries.

Edit: I just looked at Dallas' Platinum seats, and they aren't too many of them... none of them are even in the first 4 rows, either. I think you can do better just going for the regular $179.50 seats. If you're lucky, you'll nab a closer seat at a fraction of the cost.
why should we settle and not be able the chance first at a fair price for some good seats it really has gotten worse then i expected . and the only way it will stop is if there are plenty of empty seats .. but as long as (any performers) Fans feel they will miss out ...they'll pay them
Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cocaine, I would ask about everyone's cocaine use. I don't know why, but I have always been curious for more details about that.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
why should we settle and not be able the chance first at a fair price for some good seats it really has gotten worse then i expected . and the only way it will stop is if there are plenty of empty seats .. but as long as (any performers) Fans feel they will miss out ...they'll pay them
That's just it... by paying $750 ($850 in Dallas) for "Platinum Seats," you don't actually appear to be getting the first chance at the best seats, since none of these Platinum Seats are in the first 5 rows. You may still do better by waiting until the regular on sale days, or waiting until the tickets drop in the preceding 2 weeks before the show dates.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would ask Mick about reissuing the back catalogue in remastered/expanded form. I'd also enquire about the possibility of a super deluxe Tusk release along the lines of the Rumours set from last year plus dvd's of live shows/film clips. I would impress upon him the relatively minor cost of remastering in the hope those dollar signs would commence flashing - as long as he realises there's a fast buck to be made, these reissues would be forthcoming.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
If you were at the M&G Q&A sesión, what would you like to ask Mick?
Can we get The Dance on blu-ray?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would ask him to ask Stevie why she refuses to do "Rooms On Fire" anymore.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
1. Is there really a new album in the works?
2. When is Stevie going to record?
In the past, I always made up Christine questions to ask Mick in my head. Now, there's no need to do that anymore.

Michele
Old 04-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can I be your manager? LOL!! You guys should hear new ideas and suggestions, like a special 50th anniversary concert + ideas to keep a setlist fresh and interesting for fans while still being fulfilling for casual concertgoers and nascent fans. Plus, someone who could remind you of how you played songs in the past (Sisters of the Moon used to rock; Isn't It Midnight is a great lost uptempo rock song; Albatross is one of the greatest Fleetwood Mac songs). ;p

Last edited by bethelblues; 04-01-2014 at 07:51 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That's just it... by paying $750 ($850 in Dallas) for "Platinum Seats," you don't actually appear to be getting the first chance at the best seats, since none of these Platinum Seats are in the first 5 rows. You may still do better by waiting until the regular on sale days, or waiting until the tickets drop in the preceding 2 weeks before the show dates.
boston had 3rd row center listed earlier today