The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: which Tusk album side do you like more?
Side 1 20 36.36%
Side 2 13 23.64%
Side 3 7 12.73%
Side 4 15 27.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,857
Default Side 1, 2, 3 or 4??? Yes... TUSK!!

And now the poll about the favorite vynil álbum side of.. Tusk... Here are the 4 lists:

Side one
1. "Over & Over"
2. "The Ledge"
3. "Think About Me"
4. "Save Me a Place"
5. "Sara"

Side two
1. "What Makes You Think You're the One"
2. "Storms"
3. "That's All for Everyone"
4. "Not That Funny"
5. "Sisters of the Moon"

Side three
1. "Angel"
2. "That's Enough for Me"
3. "Brown Eyes"
4. "Never Make Me Cry"
5. "I Know I'm Not Wrong"

Side four
1. "Honey Hi"
2. "Beautiful Child"
3. "Walk a Thin Line"
4. "Tusk"
5. "Never Forget"
__________________
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,991
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
And now the poll about the favorite vynil álbum side of.. Tusk... Here are the 4 lists:

Side one
1. "Over & Over"
2. "The Ledge"
3. "Think About Me"
4. "Save Me a Place"
5. "Sara"

Side two
1. "What Makes You Think You're the One"
2. "Storms"
3. "That's All for Everyone"
4. "Not That Funny"
5. "Sisters of the Moon"

Side three
1. "Angel"
2. "That's Enough for Me"
3. "Brown Eyes"
4. "Never Make Me Cry"
5. "I Know I'm Not Wrong"

Side four
1. "Honey Hi"
2. "Beautiful Child"
3. "Walk a Thin Line"
4. "Tusk"
5. "Never Forget"
can we pick 2 sides? you know, half of the album like we did with others?

if so. i pick 2 and 4.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
can we pick 2 sides? you know, half of the album like we did with others?

if so. i pick 2 and 4.
Well the poll is already set for one option, but feel free to tell us everything. Actually I wasn´t thinking in half parts, but the experience of listening a whole side of a vynil álbum. You see, on those old days sometimes we used to play one side and didn't turn it to listen the other. And there are some record players where you piled some records to play successively.

But anyway you can tell us your 2 favorites or what you think of all sides.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 PM
KenB KenB is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 223
Default

Wow! Toughest poll yet. Every side has at least two or three amazing songs. (Yes, even side 3, which contains my favorite song on the album (although I think I'm the only one), "That's Enough for Me.") It's pretty remarkable how well-distributed the songs were on Tusk.

I almost voted for 1 but ultimately went for 4. I do predict side 1 will win the poll hands down, simply because of "Sara."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Well the poll is already set for one option, but feel free to tell us everything. Actually I wasn´t thinking in half parts, but the experience of listening a whole side of a vynil álbum. You see, on those old days sometimes we used to play one side and didn't turn it to listen the other. And there are some record players where you piled some records to play successively.
unfortunately i'm old enough to remember that. i'm one of those people who owned some really shi**y record players that would ruin records easily (i know everyone seems to romanticize it these days )... ah the crackling noises, the dust, skipping... and even then i wouldn't listen to the whole side but would skip songs i didn't like the same as now (just in case someone never owned vinyl, you can see on the records where the song ends, you just had to count, there were no little numbers showing you which song you are on ). i loved the idea of those players where you could pile the records even though i never had one... and i loved even more CD players playing 6 CDs came along and you could put them on random.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
Wow! Toughest poll yet. Every side has at least two or three amazing songs. (Yes, even side 3, which contains my favorite song on the album (although I think I'm the only one), "That's Enough for Me.") It's pretty remarkable how well-distributed the songs were on Tusk.

I almost voted for 1 but ultimately went for 4. I do predict side 1 will win the poll hands down, simply because of "Sara."
Sara and SMAP are weighing it heavily against the side 1 for me. even though i love The Ledge and Think About Me. i can take or leave Over and Over, depending on my mood, although i love the start of it.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i loved the idea of those players where you could pile the records even though i never had one... and i loved even more CD players playing 6 CDs came along and you could put them on random.
We had one of those and during parties you could put 4 albums on there and have continuous music. Back then, it never occurred to me that I was damaging the record, rubbing them against each other and dropping them like that. I was clueless.

I was on a website with a beautiful turntable console and it said email for pricing, so I did and they sent me an email saying, $18,000. Yeah, no wonder they didn't want to admit it publicly.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,625
Default

It's funny, but when I LOOK at the list like that, it makes me think about the album differently than when I just listen to it or consider the songs.

Anyway, that list shows me that there are about two stellar songs on each of the 4 sides.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 AM
moon's Avatar
moon moon is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Argentina
Posts: 481
Default

Wow, it was the hardest!! I go with Side 1. I don't like Storms ( ), but the rest of the songs in Side 2 are really good.
Regards!
__________________

...because of you I am complete...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 AM
On Ice On Ice is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 403
Default

Another hard poll! Tusk does have a great overall song distribution with the exception of the long pause between Christine songs and then to have two in a row on side 3(?). It was a toss up between side 1 and 2. Two of Christine's best ever tracks are on side 1, opening with Over and Over was a great move showing that Tusk wasn't going to be like Rumours. To be treated to her crystal clear voice right off the bat, was wonderful. Thought of side 2, but with no Christine, it's not representative enough of the three. So side 1 it is, even with only 1 Stevie song, but ending with Sara, that's ok by me.

I so wore out the vinyl version of this record within about a year of buying it, but have kept it as a relic. It was really cool how different shades of the cover were available, wish I'd bought a few.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 AM
KenB KenB is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 223
Default

I agree that seeing the track list broken into 4 sides has made me think about the album differently. In fact, I decided to try to list the tracks in order from favorite to least favorite. Here's what I came up with. God, I love this album.

1. "That's Enough for Me"
2. "Storms"
3. "Walk a Thin Line"
4. "Never Forget"
5. "Tusk"
6. "Think About Me"
7. "Over & Over"
8. "The Ledge"
9. "Brown Eyes"
10. "Angel"
11. "What Makes You Think You're the One"
12. "Sara"
13. "Save Me a Place"
14. "Not That Funny"
15. "Never Make Me Cry"
16. "Honey Hi"
17. "That's All for Everyone"
18. "Beautiful Child"
19. "I Know I'm Not Wrong"
20. "Sisters of the Moon"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Artemis's Avatar
Artemis Artemis is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: England. Spiffing and whatnot.
Posts: 1,604
Default

Side 4 has Beautiful Child, the other three sides do not. Therefore, side 4 wins.

It helps that it has Tusk too, cause side 2 has Storms AND Sisters...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM
KenB KenB is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Another hard poll! Tusk does have a great overall song distribution with the exception of the long pause between Christine songs and then to have two in a row on side 3(?).
A better sequence would have switched the positions of "Brown Eyes" and "That's All for Everyone." Good flow without the long gap between Christine songs.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:56 AM
bluefox4000's Avatar
bluefox4000 bluefox4000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,458
Default

Sorry picking 2 sides.......1 and 2 for me.

3 and 4 are brought down by some weaker tunes.

Mick
__________________
The large print giveth
And the small print taketh away

-Tom Waits
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,697
Default

Well, let's see....side 2 is definitely out since there aren't any Christine songs on it. (how did THAT happen?)

Side 1 is out due to my just HATING "Over & Over" as the opening track. Love the song, just not its place on the album.

So, it's a toss up between 3 & 4. I went with 3, but the more I think about it, I probably should've gone for 4.

It's tough choosing sides on this one since I made my own tracking order of the album (as if it were a single album) on my iPod (breaking THAT down to "sides"):

Side 1:
Honey Hi
What Makes You Think You're The One
Think About Me
Sara
Over & Over


Side 2:
Angel
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Brown Eyes
Sisters Of The Moon
Tusk
Never Forget
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureSam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person
$12.95
Sam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved