Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Kind of Bummed- Ticket Prices

Just kind of bummed that tickets for FM are in the $140+ range. You would think that because of the economy they would not charge that much. I mean, that's like 40% more than Stevie was last summer. Anyway, just my little take on the whole thing. I really want to go, and I'm thinking I probably will, but telling my family about the prices will probably discourage them greatly, so potentially I may be going by myself.......

So, there's my little rant on ticket prices.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Did You Really Need To Start A Whole New Thread To State Your Opinion?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is ridiculous, but I guess Fleetwood Mac as a product is worth more than Stevie by herself. I'll be interested to see how well these dates sell. But then some people are already talking about paying even more by going to ticket brokers and the tickets haven't even gone on sale yet (have they?) so I guess it's all a case of supply and demand. I think there will definitely be fewer people going to more than one show though but I don't know how large a percentage of their previous audiences were fans who went to several shows. Maybe it won't affect them that much.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Did You Really Need To Start A Whole New Thread To State Your Opinion?
Exatly the thought that popped into my head. You could've let us all know how bummed you are in the three other threads about concerts and/or ticket prices.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tickets in Boston start at $47.

And for those that find this thread unnecessary - why did you feel compelled to respond?

If you have a problem, take it up with a moderator.

Leave the kid alone.

-Rick
Old 12-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Just kind of bummed that tickets for FM are in the $140+ range. You would think that because of the economy they would not charge that much. I mean, that's like 40% more than Stevie was last summer. Anyway, just my little take on the whole thing. I really want to go, and I'm thinking I probably will, but telling my family about the prices will probably discourage them greatly, so potentially I may be going by myself.......

So, there's my little rant on ticket prices.
There are cheaper tickets if you really can't afford the top price ones. I dread to think how much they will be if they come here. I'm sure they were around £85 for the best seats last time there were here in 2004
Old 12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
There are cheaper tickets if you really can't afford the top price ones. I dread to think how much they will be if they come here. I'm sure they were around £85 for the best seats last time there were here in 2004
I think they'll be over £100 this time, if they do come over.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Over £100? They were £50 last time they played Belfast and that was enough for my parents to say they wouldn't take me even though they thought I'd be interested and enjoy it (I wasn't a fan at the time). If they're £100 then that's just incredible. Meat Loaf was (I think) £30 standing and £50 seating. I've just looked at The Eagles prices for Belfast that went on sale today and they're £75 for standing and £90 for the best seats... I can't believe that! I have so many friends who would love to see FM but I don't know how many will be willing to spend those kind of prices on it. Luckily some of them will so I won't be on my own but there could be more.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I think they'll be over £100 this time, if they do come over.
NO way I can afford to spend money like that on a concert ticket
Old 12-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Over £100? They were £50 last time they played Belfast and that was enough for my parents to say they wouldn't take me even though they thought I'd be interested and enjoy it (I wasn't a fan at the time). If they're £100 then that's just incredible. Meat Loaf was (I think) £30 standing and £50 seating. I've just looked at The Eagles prices for Belfast that went on sale today and they're £75 for standing and £90 for the best seats... I can't believe that! I have so many friends who would love to see FM but I don't know how many will be willing to spend those kind of prices on it. Luckily some of them will so I won't be on my own but there could be more.
Peestie the tickets were cheaper in Ireland because they played slightly smaller venues (certainly in Dublin they did). In London the tickets were, like Pip said, about £85. I would imagine they'll be more this time, six years on, but they could be the same. That said £85 is still a lot in these hard economic times, but maybe they'll factor that in. I guess we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
NO way I can afford to spend money like that on a concert ticket
Me either, not now. And last time I went to three shows! I know you went to more.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Me either, not now. And last time I went to three shows! I know you went to more.
I went to 6

No way I could even consider that now I'm on my own
Old 12-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Peestie the tickets were cheaper in Ireland because they played slightly smaller venues (certainly in Dublin they did). In London the tickets were, like Pip said, about £85. I would imagine they'll be more this time, six years on, but they could be the same. That said £85 is still a lot in these hard economic times, but maybe they'll factor that in. I guess we'll see.
What size places did they play on the mainland? In Belfast they were playing a 14,000 seat arena. Where did they play in Dublin? I'd love to see them in a smaller venue if I got the chance.

EDIT: Just looked it up and I see they played The Point Theatre in Dublin and it was a 8-9,000. I've never been to it but any of my friends who've been seemed to like it.

Last edited by Peestie; 12-11-2008 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Me too Ethan. Mostly I'm annoyed at the timing of the ticket sales. I didn't think they would be going on sale so soon and I just cant afford to buy tickets right now. I was hoping they wouldn't start to go on sale until after I got my tax return!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Me too Ethan. Mostly I'm annoyed at the timing of the ticket sales. I didn't think they would be going on sale so soon and I just cant afford to buy tickets right now. I was hoping they wouldn't start to go on sale until after I got my tax return!
Ooooooo! What a brilliant idea! Ay Mr. President, howbout a Fleetwood mac "stimulus". Please.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
That's a good point. Not only won't people have their rebates then, but they will have to PAY taxes come April in many cases.

It will be really sad if they have to start canceling tour dates because of poor sales.

Michele