The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default SN...offered a fan a sip from her wine glass...

The first time I ever heard a firsthand report of a rock show was from my science teacher, a bitter, overtanned thirtysomething who had just seen Fleetwood Mac and thought it was so amazing how Stevie Nicks, mystical shawl billowing, had walked over to the edge of the stage and offered a fan a sip from her wineglass. Wine. Typical. It made complete sense. The biggest-selling rock album of 1977, Rumours, was produced by rich, luxuriating hippie sophisticates who cavorted like sprites and nymphs and sipped chardonnay.

http://www.spin.com/articles/1977-year-punk-exploded
Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fast forward to the more health conscious era of today, where Stevie dons gloves before the Edge Walk. You know what gets me about the gloves is that Stevie then goes over to the back up singers and touches them all over with the dirty gloves. So, she's protected, but they're not.

Actually, that bothers me in day to day life. Restaurant workers wear gloves to protect your food, but then they DO everything with the gloves, so it's the same as if they were touching my food with their hands.

Michele
Old 05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Fast forward to the more health conscious era of today, where Stevie dons gloves before the Edge Walk. You know what gets me about the gloves is that Stevie then goes over to the back up singers and touches them all over with the dirty gloves. So, she's protected, but they're not.

Actually, that bothers me in day to day life. Restaurant workers wear gloves to protect your food, but then they DO everything with the gloves, so it's the same as if they were touching my food with their hands.

Michele
OMG. I think about this ALL the time.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
The first time I ever heard a firsthand report of a rock show was from my science teacher, a bitter, overtanned thirtysomething who had just seen Fleetwood Mac and thought it was so amazing how Stevie Nicks, mystical shawl billowing, had walked over to the edge of the stage and offered a fan a sip from her wineglass. Wine. Typical. It made complete sense. The biggest-selling rock album of 1977, Rumours, was produced by rich, luxuriating hippie sophisticates who cavorted like sprites and nymphs and sipped chardonnay.

http://www.spin.com/articles/1977-year-punk-exploded
EVERYTHING about this paragraph is amusing.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ewww... so now we all know how Mama came down with Epstein Barr.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly don't know what the deal is with those gloves. I mean it really can't just be to avoid germs, etc...she wore them for the Ellen Show taping.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele

That reminds me of when I was a teenager, I worked in a deli and they had instituted a gloves policy. Some of my coworkers kept the same awful slimy gloves on all day. I refused to wear them because I am so fastidious with hand washing and any other kind of hand washing. We had a suggestion box, and my boss showed me a suggestion that a customer wrote which said something like "I'd rather have my sandwhich made by that skinny kid who keeps washing his hands than the lady who's gloves are covered with mayo."
Old 05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
I honestly don't know what the deal is with those gloves. I mean it really can't just be to avoid germs, etc...she wore them for the Ellen Show taping.
She 's 60 years old..and like my mama always said if all else fails you can always tell a woman's age by looking at her hands.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they're just for decoration, then I could see lace gloves like she has worn in the past. But why wear hot leather gloves when you're doing an outdoor concert in 90 degree weather? It's like she's concealing the mark of the devil in her palm or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I refused to wear them because I am so fastidious with hand washing and any other kind of hand washing.[
I also don't like it when the same server who clears away dirty dishes, full of half eaten food, is the one who brings you the fresh food. Yeah, paranoid.

Michele
Old 05-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
She 's 60 years old..and like my mama always said if all else fails you can always tell a woman's age by looking at her hands.
Yeah, I know, the same thought has occurred to me to. But sometimes she is not wearing gloves (confused), but I guess during the Edge walk, it is up close. But still think some lighter gloves could do the same thing. Who knows.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Not Stevie's. La Mer creme has worked miracles for her skin. Look how smooth her hand is - very young looking...

Old 05-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Not Stevie's. La Mer creme has worked miracles for her skin. Look how smooth her hand is - very young looking...

Um... I don't think anyone was looking at her hands...
Old 05-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Um... I don't think anyone was looking at her hands...
Maybe she puts La Mer on her breasts too. Hands aren't the only thing that reflect a woman's age.

Michele
Old 05-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know her hair is tucked in under her collar, but I would scream so loud and cringe the day (hope this never comes), that she gets a short hair cut.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know her hair is tucked in under her collar, but I would scream so loud and cringe the day (hope this never comes), that she gets a short hair cut.
I KNOW. It will be like what i consider to be the most frightening scene from rosemarry's baby, where they do the slow....CREEPY close up of the door ..... to reveal...........MIA FARROW WITH FREAKISHLY SHORT HAIR! aaaaaaaahhhhhhh
THe Horror! the Horror! and she says " I've BEEEEEN To Vidal Sasssooon!!!!

(Im sorry, this is just on right now, and that part made me jump. OH the baby with the devil u ask? No, the shocking haircut.)