User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Huh?

Did Lindsey show up tonight??? I didn't hear him and now there is a cover band blowing out the House of Blues singing...... gawd.....

"The Things We Do For Love"

and right now, I swear to you, I am listening to the worst cover version of.....

"Hot Blooded"

I didn't hear any Lindsey today and I live right next to West Hollywood House of Blues.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower View Post
Did Lindsey show up tonight??? I didn't hear him and now there is a cover band blowing out the House of Blues singing...... gawd.....

"The Things We Do For Love"

and right now, I swear to you, I am listening to the worst cover version of.....

"Hot Blooded"

I didn't hear any Lindsey today and I live right next to West Hollywood House of Blues.

and you did NOT attend????

Old 06-07-2007, 03:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Indeed he showed up! Great show!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Great sound check too! He showed up and got out of a vehicle not far from where the line started. He walked into the HOB and a short while later all of us in line got to hear samplings from a lot of the songs he did last night. Sounded FANTASTIC!

(Set list is the same as recent shows and he did Turn It On).
Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SNLB

What time did the line start forming and what time was sound check? I'm going to Anaheim tonight and I wanted to know when I should get there. I have a front of the line pass and I understand that is a separate line. Can you tell me anything about that line?

Thanks for all the Ledge help I can get.

CarolC
Old 06-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
SNLB

What time did the line start forming and what time was sound check? I'm going to Anaheim tonight and I wanted to know when I should get there. I have a front of the line pass and I understand that is a separate line. Can you tell me anything about that line?

Thanks for all the Ledge help I can get.

CarolC

Have a BLAST tonight. I have half a mind to drive to Disneyland and buy a ticket and see the Lindser tonight. It was awesome!! I TOUCHED HIS SWEATY HAND and his jacket and stummed his guitar (and it wasn't even during Go Your Own Way). Poor guy, he stood right in front of us in a bowed down position for about 30 seconds and fans were "handling" him!

In answer to your question, my friend and I got there about 4:30 (doors opened at 8) and there were two people in front of us who'd been there since 2 pm. The sound check was around 7 ish. When you get there, you can either buy dinner or spend $20.00 in the HOB gift shop (they don't have Lindsey stuff there) to get in the "pass the line" line. Be sure to keep your receipt. You will have to show it to the security before they let you in. Also, last night the receipts were signed by the people who worked there and security checked for that. One guy did not have his receipt signed and he had to go back and get it signed so he could stay in the "pass the line" line. CHECK WITH SOMEONE WHO WORKS AT THE RESTAURANT WHEN YOU GET THERE, but the "pass the line" line usually starts at the entrance to the store/venue. I think there is a big sign near there that says "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED" and that's where it's started the times I've gone, but double check when you get there. The stage is not that wide across, so if you're one of the first ones in and you want to strum the guitar, you may want to consider not standing near speakers. Last night he wasn't able to do the Go Your Own Way guitar strum as I've seen him do it on larger stages, because there were speakers at the edge of the stage blocking his way to get to the edge of the stage, but he gave it a go. Just something to consider. I was one of the ones standing in a gap where he could wiggle his way right to us.

He really did more of that kind of thing (walking to the edge of the stage) last night than I've seen him do at any of the other shows I've gone to, but this is the first show where I've been standing at the stage for the ENTIRE show and not just halfway through the show.

Good luck tonight!! I got a couple of decent photos last night before they busted me for taking pictures. I'll try to post them later on...
Old 06-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SNBL

Thanks for the heads up. Will take your advise and get there around 4:30 too. I have a different kind of front of the line pass. They're issued by Visa Signature Cards when you buy tickets through HOBs with that card. But I will check to make sure someone shouldn't also sign off on it inside. Thanks again.

Not surprised to hear that you got busted for having a camera. Another poster noted the same thing happened at another HOBs concert. I was lucky to be able to record an hour's worth of videos in January at the McCallum Theater in Palm Desert. They could have cared less about cameras. I was in the front row so I got some great shots. So I'm set for pics/videos this tour.

I did try and take pics at Bakersfield but security was on me about it so I put it away until everyone rushed the stage during Go Your Own Way. I was in the front row of a two-row Pit but it seemed awfully crowded by the end. I think security let everyone in they could fit. In any event, they couldn't see what we were doing and many people were recording the show and taking pictures after that. Unfortunately, my batteries ran ow so I only got a few videos in at the end. One trick I learned was not to use the flash. It takes them awhile to spot you then and you don't really need it.

CarolC

Last edited by carol7lynn; 06-07-2007 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: spelling