User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool VH1 To Announce Second Rock Annual Rock Honors Today

The following report is courtesy of Jeb Wright from Classicrockrevisited.com:

May 24th will see the television premier of the best rock awards show on the planet: VH1 Rock Honors. Last year’s inaugural broadcast featured QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS, JUDAS PRIEST, DEF LEPPARD and KISS all being paid homage to by new bands, famous musicians and actors alike. The event was held at the Mandalay Bay Event Center in Las Vegas. Throughout 2006 the Rock Honors were among the highest rated shows on both VH1 and VH1 Classic. From Judas Priest’s Rob Halford riding a Harley onstage to the Kiss Tribute band featuring Tommy Lee (MÖTLEY CRÜE), ROB ZOMBIE, Scott Ian (ANTHRAX), Slash (VELVET REVOLVER) and founding Kiss member Ace Frehley, the event was a smash hit. Now, VH1 has set out to top last year’s extravaganza and by the looks of things they are well on their way to accomplishing their mission. The event will once again be held at Mandalay Bay in Vegas. The taping will take place on Saturday, May 12 with the television premier following on May 24th.

Who, you may ask, is being paid tribute to at the Second Annual Rock Honors? Sit down – take a deep breath – don’t make any sudden movements – this is huge. Well, we can't name names, but rumor has it that the honorees will be the men who sold England by the pound, the two most talented sister rockers on the planet, three of the most sharp dressed men you have ever seen and the Prince of Darkness, himself. VH1 will make an official announcement March 7th.

For more info www.vh1.com.

------------------------------------

I'm guessing it will be Genesis, Heart, ZZ Top & Ozzy Osbourne. A good lineup, but it wont top last years show.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
The following report is courtesy of Jeb Wright from Classicrockrevisited.com:

May 24th will see the television premier of the best rock awards show on the planet: VH1 Rock Honors. Last year’s inaugural broadcast featured QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS, JUDAS PRIEST, DEF LEPPARD and KISS all being paid homage to by new bands, famous musicians and actors alike. The event was held at the Mandalay Bay Event Center in Las Vegas. Throughout 2006 the Rock Honors were among the highest rated shows on both VH1 and VH1 Classic. From Judas Priest’s Rob Halford riding a Harley onstage to the Kiss Tribute band featuring Tommy Lee (MÖTLEY CRÜE), ROB ZOMBIE, Scott Ian (ANTHRAX), Slash (VELVET REVOLVER) and founding Kiss member Ace Frehley, the event was a smash hit. Now, VH1 has set out to top last year’s extravaganza and by the looks of things they are well on their way to accomplishing their mission. The event will once again be held at Mandalay Bay in Vegas. The taping will take place on Saturday, May 12 with the television premier following on May 24th.

Who, you may ask, is being paid tribute to at the Second Annual Rock Honors? Sit down – take a deep breath – don’t make any sudden movements – this is huge. Well, we can't name names, but rumor has it that the honorees will be the men who sold England by the pound, the two most talented sister rockers on the planet, three of the most sharp dressed men you have ever seen and the Prince of Darkness, himself. VH1 will make an official announcement March 7th.

For more info www.vh1.com.

------------------------------------

I'm guessing it will be Genesis, Heart, ZZ Top & Ozzy Osbourne. A good lineup, but it wont top last years show.

first to comment about loving heart!

i looooove heart.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^I'll second that. Heart f*cking rocks.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^I'll second that. Heart f*cking rocks.
this is how much Heart rules:

I saw them a few years back in Reading PA, balcony seats... about halfway through one of them made a comment wondering why nobody was getting up close to the stage or anything so I darted from my seat and flew down the stairs towards the stage where there were security guards on both sides of the stage refusing anyone to get up to the stage (one guys LITERALLY got TACKLED by a security guard)...
Nancy Wilson is waving us up and I keep telling the security guard that she is TELLING us to go up but he wouldnt hear a word of it, so what does Nancy do but go down the steps off the stage and tap the security guard on the shoulder (STILL (half) PLAYING THE SONG [which was Crazy on You btw]) and told him off to his face! I got a spot right in front of Nancy's mic and I put my hand up to Anne who slapped it and sang "Leeeeet them come up now" instead of "Craaaaazy on you" at the end of the song~!!!!! The most unreal concert moment ever!

I dont have the kind of respect that I have for these two Ladies for many other people in the buisness needless to say!

had to post some pics! I got all fired up re-living this!
during the show, and another of me that my parents had taken of me from the balc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...CN1344Copy.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...CN1367Copy.jpg

Last edited by WildHeart69; 03-07-2007 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Hell yeah! When I saw them last year, they let everyone up front. Kickass.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HEART ROCKS!

rbs
Old 03-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool VH1 Rock Honors Pays Tribute To Genesis, Heart, Ozzy Osbourne And ZZ Top

VH1 has just issued the following press release:

VH1 Rock Honors Returns To Las Vegas And Will Pay Tribute To GENESIS, HEART, OZZY OSBOURNE And ZZ TOP Premiering Thursday, MAY 24 at 9:00 PM ET

The Second Annual Event Will Feature Tributes To Rock Music’s Elite

From The Mandalay Bay Events Center In Las Vegas

SANTA MONICA, CA, March 8, 2007 – VH1 pays homage to the legends who influenced the sound of rock with the second annual VH1 Rock Honors. This year’s celebration will honor the music and influence of Genesis, Heart, Ozzy Osbourne and ZZ Top. Additional performers, presenters, and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed.

Premiering on Thursday, May 24 at 9:00 PM ET, VH1 Rock Honors, will be taped at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 12. The two-hour tribute will salute the groundbreaking bands of rock, the once in a lifetime events and the influential people who made a lasting mark on the history of rock.

The influence of these honorees will be felt through spoken tributes, filmed packages and performances by some of today’s hottest rock acts as well as the legends themselves.

Last year, VH1’s inaugural show honored KISS, QUEEN, DEF LEPPARD and JUDAS PRIEST and was hosted by Jaime Pressly with tribute performances by Foo Fighters, Godsmack, The All-American Rejects, Paul Rodgers, Tommy Lee, Slash, Scott Ian, Gilby Clarke, Rob Zombie and surprise guest Ace Frehley. Making special appearances were Kiefer Sutherland, Gina Gershon, Jaime Kennedy, Natasha Henstridge, Brittany Snow, Jim Breuer and Penn Jillette.

Check soon for interactive honoree profiles, exclusive programming, show information and more at http://rock.vh1.com.

VH1 Rock Honors is sponsored by Garnier® Fructis®, Taco Bell®, Toyota and Dove Deodorant.

VH1 Rock Honors is executive produced by Lee Rolontz and Rick Krim for VH1 and Greg Sills and Paul Flattery for Choe Productions.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's about time for Heart, One night I can sit and watch vh1 without reality crap shoved down my mouth.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

We go from Def Leppard, Judas Priest and Kiss...
to Genesis, Heart, and ZZ Top, and Ozzy?
What a shift in the honor...
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default VH1 Rock Honors Ticket Sales Starts March 30th

VH1 Rock Honors Tix On Sale March 30th; 2nd Annual Event To Feature Performances By GENESIS, HEART, OZZY OSBOURNE And ZZ TOP

VH1 pays homage to the legends who influenced the sound of rock with the second annual VH1 Rock Honors. This year’s celebration will honor the music and influence of GENESIS, HEART, OZZY OSBOURNE and ZZ TOP. Additional performers, presenters, and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed.

Premiering on Thursday, May 24th at 9:00 PM, VH1 Rock Honors will be taped at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 12th. The 2 hour tribute will salute the groundbreaking bands of rock, the once in a lifetime events and the influential people who made a lasting mark on the history of rock.

The influence of these honorees will be felt through spoken tributes, filmed packages and live tribute performances from current musical artists as well as performances by the honorees themselves.

Tickets will go on sale to fan club members of the honorees on March 27th and will then go on sale to the general public on March 30th. Tickets will be priced at $175, $125 and $75, not including applicable service charges, via www.ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets or by calling 877-632-7400 or 702-632-7580. They are also available in Las Vegas by going directly to the Mandalay Bay Box Office. For VIP Tickets or Ticket Packages Contact VH1 Save The Music at 212-846-7882 or rsvp@vh1.com.

Check soon for interactive honoree profiles, exclusive programming, show information and more at http://rock.vh1.com.

VH1 Rock Honors is sponsored by Garnier® Fructis®, Taco Bell®, Toyota, Dove Deodorant and Warner Bros. Pictures Ocean's Thirteen.

VH1 Rock Honors is executive produced by Lee Rolontz and Rick Krim for VH1 and Greg Sills and Paul Flattery for Choe Productions.