Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default CMA Awards

Anyone watch? I missed them, I was watching other stuff. Now I'm pissed that I did! Heard it was really good, as far as performances go. Does anyone know if they ever rebroadcast it? On CMT, perhaps?

My friend at work went & ended up standing at the entrance when the stars were coming in. She saw Faith & Tim, Gretchen Wilson, Keith Urban, more I can't think of - they were about 3 feet away from her! She did say she saw Larry King & he looks like a corpse.

Christy - she said Keith spent about 30 minutes with the crowd, shaking hands & signing stuff.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:28 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed watching it, and I'm not really a country music fan. I wish Alabama would've sung though when they were inducted into the hall of fame.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't even know the CMA's were on. Not that I ever watched it, anyway.

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were here in Boston last week. The pictures of them out and about are hella funny.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Any older country music stars perform?
Just Dolly Parton. I wish more wouldve too.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Anyone watch? I missed them, I was watching other stuff. Now I'm pissed that I did! Heard it was really good, as far as performances go. Does anyone know if they ever rebroadcast it? On CMT, perhaps?

My friend at work went & ended up standing at the entrance when the stars were coming in. She saw Faith & Tim, Gretchen Wilson, Keith Urban, more I can't think of - they were about 3 feet away from her! She did say she saw Larry King & he looks like a corpse.

Christy - she said Keith spent about 30 minutes with the crowd, shaking hands & signing stuff.

CMT is rebroadcasting the CMAs over Thanksgiving weekend. (check your local listings)
Old 11-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched, it was pretty good. Missed Shania presenting Keith with Entertainer of the Year award though, that pissed me off. Tim and Faith make me sick. Way too much Leanne Wombat, hate her too. Keith rocked and it was nice to see Bon Jovi there. Off topic, did anyone catch the Tribute to Johnny Cash last nite? Sheryl Crow was on and I thought she was terrible.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
CMT is rebroadcasting the CMAs over Thanksgiving weekend. (check your local listings)

I just found it. Thanks Chili.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/schedule/se...seriesID=19322
Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched it. It will be re-broadcast on CMT on Thanksgiving Day.

Most of the performances were good. Sara Evans sounded a little hoarse and was having a case of Jessica Simpson arms. Martina McBride was gorgeous as ever. Faith and Tim sounded good and looked good, though Mr. McGraw has packed on a few lbs lately...and I wasn't digging his scarf. Lee Ann Womack looked good and sounded great, tho she needs to put on one less layer of makeup and wear a bodyslimmer. Dierks Bentley was awesome. I love him. Gretchen Wilson gets on my nerves, she was boring. Sugarland was good, but geez, the lead singer looked like she was having sex and I can only take her voice in small doses. When she came back out to sing with Bon Jovi, I was like, oh god, not again, but it was a good song. I wish Alabama had performed. Their songs are great memories from my childhood with my Dad. I was shocked that the African-American man that basically changed the name to the Grand Ole Opry was just NOW inducted into the Hall of Fame...kinda strange to me. Glen Campbell looked like **** and his wife was like my age. Keith Urban is amazingly gracious, gorgeous, talented beyond belief. I love love love Dolly and her rendition of Imagine, but something was off with her and Elton. It was almost like they didn't know each other's parts, but good. Definitely not the climax that Dolly is known for at country award shows. I feel like I've left someone out, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
I watched, it was pretty good. Missed Shania presenting Keith with Entertainer of the Year award though, that pissed me off. Tim and Faith make me sick. Way too much Leanne Wombat, hate her too. Keith rocked and it was nice to see Bon Jovi there. Off topic, did anyone catch the Tribute to Johnny Cash last nite? Sheryl Crow was on and I thought she was terrible.
Wombat??? Nice
Old 11-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Wombat??? Nice
does anyone else think she was high or maybe a little tipsy - girl wasn't actin' right...
Old 11-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Wombat??? Nice
I'm sorry, is that not her name?

Old 11-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry, is that not her name?
I thought she looked a bit slutty didnt you? BTW I cant believe you won entertainer of the year.....!!!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
does anyone else think she was high or maybe a little tipsy - girl wasn't actin' right...
That's what I thought. She was really kissing the CMA's butt. I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC, YOU LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC, COUNTRY MUSIC IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD. I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING COUNTRY MUSIC!!! Whatev, shut up!!

Old 11-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
My girl Martina Mcbride was great though, dont you think? she did a song of her new cd.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what I thought. She was really kissing the CMA's butt. I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC, YOU LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC, COUNTRY MUSIC IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD. I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING COUNTRY MUSIC!!! Whatev, shut up!!
totally - tho I went right to the computer and downloaded Twenty Years and Two Husbands Ago - lord sounds like my life, minus the twenty years and two husbands