User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Love Jana

This is the latest A in the Jana Q&A over at The Nicksfix:

(I'm not exactly a "bleeding heart liberal" but I do have two grandkids who have caused me to share almost identical views as Jana with regard to ecology and politics.)

Hi Bridget. Thank you for your comments and recommendations. I’m not asking to be political or religious in any of these answers, for those of you concerned. I’m answering questions honestly and with great care and it is surprising to me that I have ANY political answers. Being a singer, I’m not the first person people have ever come to and asked such heavy political questions about Africa, the music business, or about Christianity. I’ve thought about these issues often all along, but this is the first forum where I’ve ACCIDENTALLY written on these subjects. When I agreed to answer these questions, I sincerely believed people would only ask about Stevie and the tour. But I’ll keep answering until it seems like I shouldn’t.

As far as our consumption of resources and our carelessness with pollution, it all comes down to money and discipline. If someone, a company, or the government is benefiting monetarily from something that is negative to our health, it will continue. MONEY CONTROLS MOST DECISIONS. I give cigarettes as my biggest example. Being in a smokey bar if you are a non-smoker is equivalent to smoking 4 cigarettes in a two hour time frame. If the cigarette companies have gotten by with this and their profit for so long with it’s proven health crisis, even for nonsmokers, what’s to stop the world from wasting and polluting in other areas that don’t have surgeon general warnings posted on them? Even the warning of death, by law, will not stop it if it is profiting greatly. I worked with a woman who has never even tried a cigarette, and the health insurance companies wouldn’t give her insurance because she had the lungs of a smoker. She worked in a bar.

If it was proven that we would all get cancer and die within a week from the pollution created by consumption, the government would shut these places down immediately the way they were able to shut down all air travel during the week of 9-11. It seems as though there are so many issues, that the people in charge of making the decisions only have enough time, care, finances, or help to handle the emergency issues, much like a heart attack victim in the emergency room moving to the front of the line over someone who needs stitches or has bronchitis. I have no idea how to handle it except that it starts with our individual lives.

As horrible and frustrating as the gas prices are, what would happen to the air quality if we all drove hybrid cars? What if SUV’s, buses, semi’s and every vehicle and airplane had some sort of healthier fuel option? I’m way out of my realm, but these are the things I think about. Maybe the financial responsibility will move us into another healthier world with less pollution. The profits the oil tycoons are gaining are beyond unethical. And there is nothing we can do about it because most of us need vehicles to get to work. Is there someone, some leader with enough power to put a ceiling on the cost of fuel? These high gas prices are putting airlines and many businesses that rely on fuel to go into so much debt, that it’s seriously adding to their need to file for bankruptcy. And what will your food cost at the grocery store, your clothes, and everything else that is moved to your cities with these high gas prices?

I think we all need to recycle whenever possible. I also think we need to waste less. Shortsightedness is dangerous to our air quality, our safety, and our health. If you believe IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU, your families, and your children’s children, then maybe making it personal will make it real. And if it becomes real in your heart, change will begin at home, and the domino effect will change the world for the better for all generations to come.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She just needs to stop talking, lol seriously she is so annoying

Chris
Old 10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl

Chris

lmfao and singing
Old 10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Chris
what are you talking about? What she said kicked ass.

I have no comment on the singing.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with what Chris and Danielle said.

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 10-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Why? Seriously, did you guys read what she said?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Why? Seriously, did you guys read what she said?
It's not that..She's just all over the place, rambling...it wasn't the message so much as the way she says things..And then tommorrow she will be rambling about the Love of God, and how teaching abstinence will cure world aids like last week...

Chris
Old 10-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

While this most recent post is nice, I just haven't found much of what Jana has to say very illuminating, especially with respect to Stevie.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's almost like all the questions about Stevie, the tour and singing have already been asked... maybe "we" need to come up with some better questions for her... That was a looong reply and perhaps hard to follow for those who have no interest in such things in the first place. BTW, that goofy personality test thing... I came up as a Haughty Intellectual. How shocking.

Laura
Old 10-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I should start a *Jana Appreciation Thread* and only Amber and me would be members. I like Jana. She's a good backup singer, she seems really nice and the band seems to like her ok. Her answers haven't always been great but she's not a public speaker. She's a singer. Stevie's and Lindsey's speeches and what they've had to say have sucked hard at times but that's not what they do either. After reading this latest answer? I didn't know she was smart on top of everything else. She gives *dumb, annoying blondes* like us a good name!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Chris
You ROCK. She is seriously annoying. She needs to sing and just shut the f up.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
You ROCK. She is seriously annoying. She needs to sing and just shut the f up.
She doesn't need to sing either. She is always off key and over powering.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreammms
Hehehe. I love you.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreammms
I will say she got better in 05...but on the mac tour she sounded like a cow

Chris
Old 10-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i find it so funny that a rock star's backup singer who is doing a q&a for fun has been dragged into a political discussion... i was reading it going "whaaa? aren't people going to ask her what her favorite food is or anything?"

and about her age.... why does she feel the need to be so coy about it? for anyone who wants to know and doesn't already- she's less than a week younger than me... just turned 25.