Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 9/11 - What About PA and DC?

I think it's a terrible shame the media focuses so much on the NY 9/11 tragedy and gives little or no time to the other two crashes that took place that day. At first I thought it seemed very disrespectful to the living relatives of those people, however, maybe some of them are happy they don't have to hear about it over and over every year.

Feel free to add your two cents.

Laura
Old 09-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel
I think it's a terrible shame the media focuses so much on the NY 9/11 tragedy and gives little or no time to the other two crashes that took place that day. At first I thought it seemed very disrespectful to the living relatives of those people, however, maybe some of them are happy they don't have to hear about it over and over every year.

Laura
Actually PA gets about just as much attention as WTC attacks. Flight 77, gets the least amount of attention. I believe this to be true because, there were only two phones calls made from that flight (including one by Barbara Olson to her husband), and also there is no real video of the airplane hitting the Pentagon (only a camera which took still photographs)...so they don't really have all that much to recreate the events and such of Flight 77. But I think everyone remembers and will never forget...I don't think it is because they think it is any "less" important.

Ironically, because so little is known about Flight 77, there has been this crazy theory circulating out there, that it never really did hit the Pentagon. Because the explosion was to small, they aimed the plane for a new section of the Pentagon which didn't have that many people working in it yet, and also because almost all of the people on Flight 77 were somehow involved with the government/politics...etc...

It's wierd I know! lol
Old 09-12-2005, 06:53 AM
MoonChilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Actually PA gets about just as much attention as WTC attacks. Flight 77, gets the least amount of attention. I believe this to be true because, there were only two phones calls made from that flight (including one by Barbara Olson to her husband), and also there is no real video of the airplane hitting the Pentagon (only a camera which took still photographs)...so they don't really have all that much to recreate the events and such of Flight 77. But I think everyone remembers and will never forget...I don't think it is because they think it is any "less" important.

Ironically, because so little is known about Flight 77, there has been this crazy theory circulating out there, that it never really did hit the Pentagon. Because the explosion was to small, they aimed the plane for a new section of the Pentagon which didn't have that many people working in it yet, and also because almost all of the people on Flight 77 were somehow involved with the government/politics...etc...

It's wierd I know! lol
There is also the theory -rumour circulating that the plane that hit the Pentagon is one the US jets...As the theory goes, they have never found parts of the plane and on the web cam's that day they say the image is not one of a commerical airliner but a fighter jet..Just a theory I read somewhere..?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel

Laura
Well, they did have that giant parade in D.|C. yesterday. I thought it was in poor taste to do so considering the national tragedy we just had. I thought it was in poor taste anyway.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonChilde
There is also the theory -rumour circulating that the plane that hit the Pentagon is one the US jets...As the theory goes, they have never found parts of the plane and on the web cam's that day they say the image is not one of a commerical airliner but a fighter jet..Just a theory I read somewhere..?
Supposedly, the surveillance tape from a nearby gas station was the only tape that actually showed the crash. It was confiscated by, I think the FBI afterwards an no one has seen it since.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Supposedly, the surveillance tape from a nearby gas station was the only tape that actually showed the crash. It was confiscated by, I think the FBI afterwards an no one has seen it since.
Yes I read that, but I mean there is no doubt (in my mind anyways) that Flight 77 did in fact crash into the Pentagon...if it dindn't then where in the world is everyone of those people on the plane then!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Last night

They showed a documentary type thing on Flight 93 called "The Flight that Fought Back" and played some audio that had me crying and being very proud. Proud of people I'd never met, people I didn't even know existed. I kept thinking "What would I have done in that situation?" I panic at the sight of a cockroach on my kitchen floor for Pete sake! I am not the person you want around to help kick someone's a$$. LOL I always daydream about being a hero, saving someone's life, but in that case, would I have helped them take those a-holes down? I would hope so, but I don't know. I would have been so scared from just the plane ride itself (they said he turned the plane back and forth to get them to stop coming toward the cockpit. Blergh.). I don't even like light turbulence, that incident would have had me screaming and crying.

Brave folks.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw most of the documentary on Flight 93. It was heart-wrenching. I cannot imagine calling a loved one to say goodbye from a hijacked plane, nor can I imagine how those on the receiving felt.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonChilde
I know someone who saw the plane flying low in DC and they said it was an AMerican Airlines jet, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited by DavidMn; 09-12-2005 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Oh, Ya mean like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
the 100+ security cameras in/around the Murrah Building on April 19,1995 that showed "nothing", Kinda strange during Terry Nichols state trial those video tapes were brought up and the FBI was asked about what they recorded....The FBI said "nothing".

Yeah right.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I know someone who saw the plane flying low in DC and they said it was an AMerican Airlines jet, for whatever that's worth.
Yea, I have heard people say that they also saw the plane low to the ground in DC! I believe that it really did hit the Pentagon, I mean there is no other way to explain it really...what about the phone calls made from the plane by Barbara and others! Although I did read that Flight 77 had the least amount of calls made from it than any of the other highjacked planes.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

WEll it is a shame...what really bakes my noodle is the fact that they didnt shoot the plane down when supposedly the "orders" where given but the pilots didnt "understand." It could've saved some lives. Then again, being up in the air and faced with shooting down innocent Americans on a commercial airliner must be a tough decision to make.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
WEll it is a shame...what really bakes my noodle is the fact that they didnt shoot the plane down when supposedly the "orders" where given but the pilots didnt "understand." It could've saved some lives. Then again, being up in the air and faced with shooting down innocent Americans on a commercial airliner must be a tough decision to make.
I think the order, to shoot, was given 28 (could be off there) minutes after Flight 93 went down.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The flight that crashed in PA is rumoured to be shot down. Some people in this area saw the plane burst into flames in mid-air. The interview from someone who saw it was ripped from CNN after it only aired once. This is all hearsay.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
the 100+ security cameras in/around the Murrah Building on April 19,1995 that showed "nothing", Kinda strange during Terry Nichols state trial those video tapes were brought up and the FBI was asked about what they recorded....The FBI said "nothing".

Yeah right.
Yes Brian, that's exactly what I'm talking about.