The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Keeper Of Time Is Blind. And Dumb.

Midnight Fri/Sat: I arrive at my building's garage with my car full of groceries, some frozen. I put the window down to swipe the access card for the garage gate, and I hear a thud, but don't see anything remarkable. I get to my parking space & my window won't go up. I struggle with it, knowing that even in a garage with a guard walking around, the car is not safe to leave overnight. I turn around to try to pull to the unloading area in the garage, which has room for only one car, & an SUV is parked there, now, of all times. Forgetting the window is down I let interesting words fly out of my mouth. The concierge hears me, I tell him my situation, he suggests that I leave the car in a nearby reserved spot that he can see on a video monitor when he gets back to the desk (I decide to do so temporarily - there is no WAY I'm leaving the car alone overnight with the window down), and I struggle to U-turn into the spot (the other car wouldn't move). I get upstairs with the cart after riding with my neighbor-from-hell. I decide to call friends to see if I can park my car in any of their house garages & if someone can drive me home afterwards. It's the weekend & everyone is out until I wake up my friend Risha. As I'm talking I'm unloading groceries, & the chocolate chip cookies explode all over the kitchen. Shattered cookies EVERYWHERE, more interesting words from my mouth. Not having eaten a damned thing all night, I vacuum the crap up (my friends tend to joke that my kitchen needs dusting, not scrubbing, since I don't cook - now it needs vacuuming), though I consider eating off the floor in desperation. I drive several minutes to Risha's beautiful house in a nice neighborhood, but I have to go through a rough part of town with my window down to get there. More than one person approaches my window as I sit at red lights, and what a waste, being that I really should plan to get myself a drug habit or sex addiction for such occasions. The whole time I am SURE it will start raining, but thank goodness it does not. Fast forward, I leave my car at Risha's, she & her teen son drive me back, but we have to stop for gas because her tank almost runs out. This morning I'm up calling dealers & garages - of course none of the good ones can do anything before Monday. Friday night is the worst time for car trouble (other than breaking down in rush hour), I imagine, in that you have to wait the longest.
My point: Do you have good or bad timing?

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
...being that I really should plan to get myself a drug habit or sex addiction for such occasions.
Drug habit and sex addiction? Isn't that just a regular Friday night for you? (see what coming back onto the board will get you?)

My timing is clearly horrendous...always. Last year, the whole car accident with the moron trying to make a k-turn from the shoulder of the road (and into the passenger side of my car). Then, thanks to him hitting my car, even after it was repaired (brand new doors), water would occassionally leak into my car so I had to buy a tarp. The one time I don't, New Jersey ends up flooded and so does my car. I drive home with an inch of water on my passenger side floor.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
My point: Do you have good or bad timing?
- Jake
No, I think the important question would be, is your car under warranty? That way the dealership can fix your window.
I've been working with a buyer who is purchasing a home in the Houston market and I am floored as to what type of home you can get for $150,000.
But I digress. Sorry for your troubles.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
No, I think the important question would be, is your car under warranty? That way the dealership can fix your window.
I've been working with a buyer who is purchasing a home in the Houston market and I am floored as to what type of home you can get for $150,000.
But I digress. Sorry for your troubles.
My car is under warranty, but believe it or not, I might take it to a student's parent's garage anyway. It's much closer & quicker, I'm depending on Risha to drive me down, & I have an important appointment on Tuesday, so time & distance matter. Stupid, I know.

The housing market here is amazing. My mom is a realtor on the Main Line & she thinks I'm crazy for not buying when she compares the house market here to there. Of course, you still have to be careful for beautiful homes that are newly reodeled, which means Allyson flooded them badly.
Still, the deals are excellent. I haven't bought because I doubt I'll stay here long-term.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry for your troubles.
Don't be sorry for his troubles...be sorry that we won't have footage of him pissed off because he has to sweat his ass off with the window down in that warm Houston weather...and hope he has leather seats
Old 06-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I drive home with an inch of water on my passenger side floor.
Fellow Ledgies, can't we pool our funds to send this dear woman a box of Depends?

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Fellow Ledgies, can't we pool our funds to send this dear woman a box of Depends?

- Jake

oops. um, sorry about your troubles, both of you. I probably have bad timing, but I think I may be used to it -

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
My car is under warranty, but believe it or not, I might take it to a student's parent's garage anyway. It's much closer & quicker, I'm depending on Risha to drive me down, & I have an important appointment on Tuesday, so time & distance matter. Stupid, I know.

The housing market here is amazing. My mom is a realtor on the Main Line & she thinks I'm crazy for not buying when she compares the house market here to there. Of course, you still have to be careful for beautiful homes that are newly reodeled, which means Allyson flooded them badly.
Still, the deals are excellent. I haven't bought because I doubt I'll stay here long-term.

- Jake
The dealer doesn't give you a loaner? Cheap bastards.
The house I'm talking about is 2500 sq. feet and new construction. I was a
amazed, to say the very least.
You really should buy, if not just for the tax write off alone.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't be sorry for his troubles...be sorry that we won't have footage of him pissed off because he has to sweat his ass off with the window down in that warm Houston weather...and hope he has leather seats
You're just aggravated whenever somebody refers to my troubles & omits your name. You're still #1. Or at least a #2.

No, I don't have leather seats. Everybody down here hates them when it gets hot.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It friggin' snowed here in Boulder today so I forget what warm weather is like now, with the exception of those two glorious days in Vegas...
Old 06-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

- Jake
Fellow Ledgies, can't we pool together and send this man a blow up doll and a keg in hopes it'll keep him off of here?
Old 06-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're just aggravated whenever somebody refers to my troubles & omits your name. You're still #1. Or at least a #2.

No, I don't have leather seats. Everybody down here hates them when it gets hot.

- Jake
My goal in life has been achieved. I'm a thorn in Jake's hairy ass.

I unfortunately have them and didn't want them. Black car, leather seats... it's like an oven. Tomorrow it's going to be in the 90s.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The dealer doesn't give you a loaner? Cheap bastards.
The house I'm talking about is 2500 sq. feet and new construction. I was a
amazed, to say the very least.
You really should buy, if not just for the tax write off alone.
The dealer might, I don't know that I have the patience to schlep that far out. This city is pretty spread out. Plus dealers never fail to aggravate me. It's almost worth it to pay somebody who won't.

I am considering leaving sooner rather than later, so a house would not be a good investment right now.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My goal in life has been achieved. I'm a thorn in Jake's hairy ass.
You spelled thong wrong, and keep your sick fantasies in doity Joizee.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber

oops. um, sorry about your troubles, both of you. I probably have bad timing, but I think I may be used to it -
Thanks. Any good examples?

- Jake