User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM plays Camden AWESOME

What a night....

First of all, this show was supposed to be in June. I waited a long time for this.

I can't believe it's now over. Sooooo many months of waiting...and now this is the last show I may ever see. It's really sad.

Well, anyway, it was the day of the show and I had worked all day and got home just in time to leave again, for the concert. I was getting a ride from my friend who had gotten the tickets from a broker...2nd row. I was sooo excited.

It was 7PM, which gave me a 1/2 hour to get to the Tweeter, to my seat and get a drink.

*At* 7, my ride says he has a flat tire...and that he couldn't change it...so ...no show. He could do nothing about it. I was stranded!

I couldn't believe the luck! Second time for the same ticket...

SO I decided to go on my own. I just grabbed my purse and went. My car is a piece of crap, but somehow, I did make it.

My friend was coming too. I called her last minute but my phone was dying and it was so close to show time. I kept waiting out front for her but all I wanted was to get inside.

So I'm waiting. The show starts at 8..it's now 8:30. Suddenly I hear the Chain. I just leave her ticket and run in, literally.

When I get in front of them, I just start crying my eyes out.I couldn't stop shaking!

My friend did make it! It was so great that I didn't have to be there alone.

SARA...MY GOD. How amazing. I couldn't believe it. She was soooo beautiful and the song didn't miss a beat. I was just so spellboud. I love the Sara dance she does now and the fact she grabbed HIS mike...she missed it at first and then grabbed it. PERFECT SONG.

Lindsey messed up on Landslide. He wasn't into it, it seemed. I didn't feel the Landslide magic...but maybe it was something else.

Say Goodbye was amazing. They seemed like the only two people in the venue. They just stared at each other and people kept screaming in the back...they didn't realize the chemistry up front.

Stand Back, I love her dress and she was so into it! Her hair was like silk!! She just was sooooo gorgeous, I couldn't get over it.

The rest of the show was so great ( of course) but those were some key points. I have to be up in 6 hours so Im ready to pass out.

STEVIE was the star, usually Lindsey is for me because I like to "flirt" with him, but he wasn't totally himself. He totally hammed up COME especially ( yummy) but he wasn't blowing kisses like he did last year. Oh well LOL!!

After jumping like idiots we did get a wave from him, but before he would really get into it more. They are all probably so tired.

The people in front got autographs and conversation. That will never happen now. I was supposed to call GSG ( Marissa) but my phone died...I just would have liked an autograph...that's all.

Anyway, greaaaaaaaaaaaat night. Eagles were opening at home tonight too, so poor turnout. Everyone came from the game or just didn't bother. Eagles are just too big around here.

I can't believe that this is it. I love FM so much and I realized that AGAIN standing there. As the show ended, I didn't want it to end. I could have stood there for hours. They are the best band ever, in my book!

Ok, night night

Last edited by Janet; 09-13-2004 at 08:38 AM..
Old 09-13-2004, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Camden

Actually, Lindsey's guitar was acting up during Landslide. He just tried his best to keep the song going but he seemed tired of the guitar problems. He seemed frustrated and somewhat emotional.
SG was once again the highlight with a long, different intro and highly emotional performance by Lindsey. He seemed to talk for minutes before starting the song about how he "wasnt sure if Stevie liked his introduction from AC" to which she replied "I loved it , it was great". He seemed unsure but went on with basically the same intro as Friday saying he wrote the song about Stevie, in an attempt to express his emotions about their relationship. You could have heard a pin drop in the place. Luckily, no idiots screamed "We love you Stevie" during the song. I cannot stand that crap.
Stevie dedicated Landslide to Jessi, who was in attendance.. She also rocked out with her during STand Back, which was too cute. Jessi has turned into quite the little lady and told a few of us down front that her Aunt had brought her out this weekend as a birthday gift.
Fantastic show and it was a bittersweet night, knowing that they will be MIA for quite awhile.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 09-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL I forgot about Gold Dust Woman. She played on the shadow lyric and kept "hiding" by putting her hands up. It was a different twist on the song but it was so cute.

The SYW dance is still in tact. She was adorable doing that too LOL. By now, everyone knew it

I am going to remember moments all day. I wish that concert never had to end.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish you would have been able to call me!! We had no tickets until about 7:15 that evening. We waited at the box office and the girl at the ticket counter (she's on our Christmas card list now for sure) called me over (we'd been there since 5 and she knew what we were waiting for). I was able to get three pit tickets in the 4th row and then 2 for my friend and her sister. Bob (pwyll) was also down there with us .

To my surprise they were allowing the first 5 rows of the pit up to the stage so i was right at Stevie's mic with 4 of my Fleetwood Mac friends (if you were looking at the stage, i was to the left of the amps). It was probably the most amazing show i've ever seen and after 12....er...13? shows (Kelly...help me out here) I think it might be safe for me to say that I definately know an amazing show when I see it :P

You can most definately tell Lindsey is sad this is all ending, that's for sure. His speech before Say Goodbye was nothing less than beautiful and a reminder of just how connected the two of them will always be regardless of whether or not they're on stage together. I was a total wreck during Say Goodbye and had a hard time watching him. I felt as though I was invading some incredibly special moment and that I shouldn't have been there. Stevie was his rock last night because on more than one ocassion, the tears flowed from his eyes. She stood strong but was definately misty eyed.

Beautiful show. I don't know what else to say. Every song, every speech was totally from the heart last night. A fabulous way to end what has been an amazing ride of seeing this band once again evolve over the past year and a half. I hope we'll all be able to do it again soon

Pictures and footage soon!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. I'm sad too that the tour's ending but I hope sometime soon we'll be able to do it again.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. I'm sad too that the tour's ending but I hope sometime soon we'll be able to do it again.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I could've gone!!! Damn college.....LOL!

~Alex

Thanks for the report!

Old 09-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing

~Alex

Thanks for the report!
College, Shmollege, dude. Where are your priorities?!

Anyway, all your reviews brought tears to my eyes, thank you. I'm glad you all enjoyed the wonderful show...And GSG...13 times?! Egad, so young, so blessed Lovely, just lovely reviews...
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing

~Alex

Thanks for the report!
ALEX, I wish that you had been there! I have so much to tell! I can't believe that it is all over. I won't be home till Tuesday night unless things change.I can't wait to post my review and photos.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Glad ya...

had a great time Janet...Sound like ya had a blast!

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Driving home this afternoon, I had 102.9, WMGK on, and the DJ says "We're still getting reports back about how great the FM concert was at the Tweeter Center." Then he played The Chain, Monday Morning and Gypsy. After Gypsy he said something like "A guitarist out of our league, Lindsey Buckingham."

How cool!!

Carol
Old 09-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I heard that...

I can't stop thinking about that show! I wish I could relive it.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I think I heard that...

I can't stop thinking about that show! I wish I could relive it.
Glad you had such a good time! I'm jealous.

Carol