Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How Have Your Tastes Changed?

Now I like the following, which I used to hate: blue cheese dressing, mashed potatoes, cold leftover pizza, anchovies as a topping, peas, the 1970s, the song The Nightmare, hot summers, older looking furniture, southern accents, PBS, and travel shows.

(But I still despise milk and eggs. Blechhh.)

What are you surprised that you now like?

- Jake
Old 07-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

For some reason the first thing i thought of was: My bedspread. I needed a new one in highschool, junior or senior year - and retro hippie was all the rage, so i wanted a purple/burgundy paisley one, or something. My dad got me one for Christmas, this brown/black/tan leopard/tiger/cheetah thing (it has different sets of stripes and spottedness on it. At the time, i was like "Oh, no, this is the cheesiest, ugliest f-ing thing i've ever seen" (but i pretended i liked it, of course, i'm ALWAYS good with presents) and my dad was all "the only other kinds they had were pink and flowery" Anyway, starting a couple years later, and still, I LOVE the thing.
I used to hate cream cheese and sour cream, now i like them.
didn't like 3rd Rock From the Sun at first, came to believe it was a comedic masterpiece.
Thought Will & Grace the acting too theatrical, Is now arguably my favorite show.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
For some reason the first thing i thought of was: My bedspread. I needed a new one in highschool, junior or senior year - and retro hippie was all the rage, so i wanted a purple/burgundy paisley one, or something. My dad got me one for Christmas, this brown/black/tan leopard/tiger/cheetah thing (it has different sets of stripes and spottedness on it. At the time, i was like "Oh, no, this is the cheesiest, ugliest f-ing thing i've ever seen" (but i pretended i liked it, of course, i'm ALWAYS good with presents) and my dad was all "the only other kinds they had were pink and flowery" Anyway, starting a couple years later, and still, I LOVE the thing.
I used to hate cream cheese and sour cream, now i like them.
didn't like 3rd Rock From the Sun at first, came to believe it was a comedic masterpiece.
Thought Will & Grace the acting too theatrical, Is now arguably my favorite show.
I think we're opposites.
I hate my bland bedspread that I paid for myself & am getting a new one.
I don't like cream cheese or sour cream.
I liked 3rd Rock when it first came on, but less now.
I don't find Will And Grace funny at all.

- Jake Sprat.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I think we're opposites.
I hate my bland bedspread that I paid for myself & am getting a new one.
I don't like cream cheese or sour cream.
I liked 3rd Rock when it first came on, but less now.
I don't find Will And Grace funny at all.

- Jake Sprat.
Um, I CAN eat lean. But how is hating your bland bedspread the opposite of me liking my wild bedspread? And have you watched Will & Grace? The writing is extremely witty and clever. But of course, it's useless to argue with people when they don't like something. Although it was my parents arguing with me that got me to see 3rd rock and W&G in a new light, so you never know
I used to hate dark meat chicken, as in those little wings that you can order in restaurants - now i like those, although i still wouldn't eat a leg on purpose.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Um, I CAN eat lean. But how is hating your bland bedspread the opposite of me liking my wild bedspread? And have you watched Will & Grace? The writing is extremely witty and clever. But of course, it's useless to argue with people when they don't like something. Although it was my parents arguing with me that got me to see 3rd rock and W&G in a new light, so you never know
I used to hate dark meat chicken, as in those little wings that you can order in restaurants - now i like those, although i still wouldn't eat a leg on purpose.

I don't care for dark meat chicken.
You like a wild bedspread that was a gift, I hate a bland bedspread that I bought.
I've seen Will & Grace. Like I said, it just doesn't make me laugh.

- Jake
Old 07-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't care for dark meat chicken.
You like a wild bedspread that was a gift, I hate a bland bedspread that I bought.
I've seen Will & Grace. Like I said, it just doesn't make me laugh.

- Jake
ok, but if I like my wild bedspread, that could imply that i would hate a bland one, and if you hate your bland one, it could imply that you would like a wild one. Therefore, we both theoretically would hate bland, and like wild. The gift part, yeah, that's opposite.
Amber

Old 07-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ok, but if I like my wild bedspread, that could imply that i would hate a bland one, and if you hate your bland one, it could imply that you would like a wild one. Therefore, we both theoretically would hate bland, and like wild. The gift part, yeah, that's opposite.
Amber
See, even our assessments were opposite.

- Jake
Old 07-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, even our assessments were opposite.

- Jake

Old 07-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Can't say what...

I used to hate and now like, But I can list what I used to like and now cannot stand:

The Simpson's
Network TV programming
Radio Stations
Network News Channels
Peanuts & Peanut Butter
Boston Red Sox

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to hate country music...now, I've gotten to like it.
When I was little, I loved to eat vienna sausage. But, now it makes me gag.
I used to like contemporary R&B (which isn't really R&B at all, in much the same way that contemporary country isn't really country) and dance/house music...now it makes me want to jab pencils in my ears.
I used to love fried chicken (especially legs)...now, it disgusts me. I won't eat any part of a chicken except the breast.
I used to hate musicals, but that's quickly changing (I recently saw "Cabaret"...the play, not the movie...fabulous).
Old 07-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see...I used to dislike, but now like:

-Salad
-Mexican food
-Chinese food
-Nicole Kidman
-Jazz
-Eggs
Old 07-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I Hate show Will and Grace except for the character of Karen who is funny. My FAVORITE current comedy is the great Everybody Loves Raymond (which we will sadly be loosing after this year)

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now sort of opposite smilies.

- Jake
Old 07-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
I used to hate and now like, But I can list what I used to like and now cannot stand:

The Simpson's
Network TV programming
Radio Stations
Network News Channels
Peanuts & Peanut Butter
Boston Red Sox
Really, you like baseball? You never mention it.

- Jake
Old 07-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
I used to hate country music...now, I've gotten to like it.
When I was little, I loved to eat vienna sausage. But, now it makes me gag.
I used to like contemporary R&B (which isn't really R&B at all, in much the same way that contemporary country isn't really country) and dance/house music...now it makes me want to jab pencils in my ears.
I used to love fried chicken (especially legs)...now, it disgusts me. I won't eat any part of a chicken except the breast.
I used to hate musicals, but that's quickly changing (I recently saw "Cabaret"...the play, not the movie...fabulous).
Are you a native Texan? I'm not really into country, but my tolerance grew once I moved to Austin.
Breasts are the best parts of the chicken, especially the crunchy chicken nipple.
I never saw Cabaret (play or movie) but my parents saw Liza Minneli perform years ago & haven't stopped saying how great she was.

- Jake