Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ABC

This network is really in trouble. I think the only show I watch is The Practice. I might watch 20/20 if I were home on Friday nights. Do you guys watch anything on ABC? What would you do to improve its ratings? (It's been a somewhat distant fourth for some time --- No regular shows near the Nielson Top Ten.)

- Jake
Old 04-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing I was on it is Extreme Home Makeover, and sometimes Extreme Makeover, but that's it.

Carol
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't watch it either. Maybe a little of Good Morning American but that's about it. There's nothing there that really interests me in their line-up. I saw the ratings the other day and was really surprised to see how far down that ABC was--even Fox beats them (thanks to AI, no doubt).

But don't spend too much time crying for ABC. They're owned by Disney which also owns full-interest in or partial ownership in the following cable networks: ESPN, A&E, The History Channel, Lifetime, E!, Soapnet, and of course, the Disney Channel. ESPN would be the crown jewel in their cable crown. They also produce syndicated programming that does very well, such as Live with Regis and Kelly.

Last edited by DeeGeMe; 04-05-2004 at 09:34 AM..
Old 04-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Huh...never thought about it before, but yeah I never really watch ABC...well I never did when I had cable...now I can't even get basic channels...!

I guess nothing appealed to me on that station...in the mornings I prefer Today over GMA and well...I guess I'm just an NBC gal...because I really don't watch CBS either...
Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's just surprising to me. The ABC I remember from my childhood did not have the most critically acclaimed shows, but the ratings were often pretty high: Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Three's Company, The Love Boat, etc.

- Jake
Old 04-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Nope...

I do not (or WILL not for that matter) watch anything on the "Another Bad Comedy" network (ABC exects-"Please watch our sucky lineup, It was John Ritter's dying wish, We were there when he died and his last words (Trust US, We don't lie) were "Make sure fans know to watch the GREAT ABC lineup Monday thru Friday from 8PM EST/7PM CST to 11PM EST/10PM CST"...)

Gee, I saw/read that they are debuting another sad excuse "S--tcom" about a rich black youth from Ca-Li-For-Nia who goes to live with his less-than-rich relatives in Philadelphia, Is it me or does this sound like a mirror version of "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air"??? Gee, How original.

Keep up the Great work Disney (Or is it Dis-Knee), Won't be long before even the bottom dwelling WB & the limper than cooked Ramen noodles UPN are beating ya in the ratings (Bad enough when the lame suckass FOX is beatin' ya)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 04-05-2004 at 02:45 PM..
Old 04-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: ABC

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
This network is really in trouble. I think the only show I watch is The Practice. I might watch 20/20 if I were home on Friday nights. Do you guys watch anything on ABC? What would you do to improve its ratings? (It's been a somewhat distant fourth for some time --- No regular shows near the Nielson Top Ten.)

- Jake
I'm giving up on 20/20 because I can't stand John Stossel (sp?). Now that Barbara's leaving it seems to be him all the time. So I don't watch ABC at all anymore.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I watch Alias on ABC, and that's it. Sometimes, if I'm feeling particularly horrible, I watch Extreme Makeover to remind myself why I try not to watch anything on TV but Alias, Sopranos, 24, and (cough) American Idol.

John Stossel SUCKS- but I do like GMA a lot. I watch it occasionally in the mornings. I hate the Today Show.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I watch anything on ABC.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alias, Kingdom Hospital (which I will abandon if it doesn't pick up some steam), and The Practice are the only things I watch from that ****ty network. I loved Karen Sisco before they cancelled it, but they constantly cancel all of their new and good shows. ABC sucks donkey balls.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Alias, Kingdom Hospital (which I will abandon if it doesn't pick up some steam), and The Practice are the only things I watch from that ****ty network. I loved Karen Sisco before they cancelled it, but they constantly cancel all of their new and good shows. ABC sucks donkey balls.
I'm still in a holy war against ABC for cancelling "Lois and Clark" when I was 16.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: ABC

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I'm giving up on 20/20 because I can't stand John Stossel (sp?). Now that Barbara's leaving it seems to be him all the time. So I don't watch ABC at all anymore.
I can't stand him. I'd like to give him a break.

- Jake
Old 04-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
You're saying that the network is popular with the donkey community, then?

- Jake
Old 04-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't watch too much TV anyway. On Monday nights I watch Everbody Loves Raymond. On Tuesday I watch AI on Fox and I watch the results show on Wednesday. Thursday I watch The Apprentice and Will and Grace. I don't watch any TV on the weekends. I have been watching The Sopranos on HBO lately.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: ABC

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I can't stand him. I'd like to give him a break.

- Jake
He was on larry King last week promoting his new book and they ran a clip of a professional wrestler clocking him upside the head and knocking him to the floor. He got up and scurried off like a mouse.