User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile My Bossier City review

Well, this was a totally unexpected trip for me. It all started when I got home from work on Wednesday evening. Alex IM’ed that he just got front row for this show. Well, now I just had to go check TM and sure enough I pull up the seat right next to him! I went and bought it. I had no idea how I was going to get there but I was going to find a way.
I met up with Alex at my hotel on Saturday evening. It was so nice to see him again. It seemed like such a long time ago since the 2 Florida shows. We headed out to the arena together. We had to go to the Will Call window to pick up our tickets. I did not bring my confirmation # with me. They never ask for it. Well, this lady was really stupid and she could not pull up my name. I was a wild woman!! Finally the supervisor came over found my ticket. I breathed a sigh of relief. While we were there we could hear a bit of the sound check until we got thrown out. We could hear Dreams and The Chain.
We chatted in line with a few fans. I really blew some peoples minds when they found out that this was my 11th show. Yes I am really addicted!!
Finally after about an hour we were let in and we were not even checked by security. They just took the ticket and that’s it. Of course I left my camera at the hotel. I was just too tired and stressed after my trip that I just wanted to have a good time.
Alex and I go to our seats first just to see if it was for real. Yes it was!! We were to the right of Stevie and I was already planning my Lindsey position. I decided to stand just to his right. It was Alex, Christie, Jan (who is another wonder person) and then me. Alex was near Stevie and I was near Lindsey. I was afraid that security was going to make us go back to our seats because some poopie heads were complaining. They just checked our tickets just to make sure that we had front row and we were allowed to stand in front of the stage. So my spot in front of LB was safe.
After an eternity the crickets started and the lights went down. My heart was racing. I was kind of afraid to see Lindsey after our meeting at the Phoenix benefit. Alex made signs for all of us. I had a “Lindsey Rocks” sign but I was very shy to hold it up at first.
The sound was very strange. I did not put my ear plugs in for this show. I could hear Lindsey OK but Stevie sounded like she was outside the arena. Maybe it was where I was standing.
At one point I looked over at Alex and he was just on cloud 9. He is such a sweetheart and I was so happy to see him having the time of his life. He was interacting with Ms. Nicks quite a bit.
OK at one point Stevie and I made eye contact and we smiled at each other!! I did not look away from her. I was so happy. Lindsey well he is another story he looked over at me a few times and I looked away. He had this kind of a “this brunette really puzzles me” look. LOL. While playing I’m So Afraid he was so wild he knocked down Stevie’s mic. The guitar cord got somehow wrapped around it. He was just on fire.
I held up my sign but he did not even see it.
I was pretty mild mannered until “Tusk”. I just lose it and this wild woman takes over. Keep in mind that “Come” does it to me also but in a more subtle way. I was just dancing and shaking my thing. Stevie gave me this look as if to say OK she is having a good time. LOL I did not dare look up at LB. I would have been 10 shades of red. I wish that I could be more of a flirt but I am not.
OK I was pumped up and I held up the sign again and he still did not see it. I was getting a little annoyed now.
Finally after Go Your Own Way I tried again and still LB did not see it. Ok he is going to see it when they all come back out. I had the darn sign held up when the band all came back out. I think even Stevie saw it. Lindsey finally saw it and he pointed at it with both hands and then he pointed with both hands down at me!! He mouthed something but I was clueless as to what. He was so happy and I think a little surprised to see me holding the sign. At one point during either World Turning or Don’t Stop he stood right in front of me and looked down and smiled at me. It was such a sweet smile. I just looked up really quick I could not look at him for a long time. I am so weird!! He did this to me again and idiot me had the same reaction to him. Well at least now he must know that I am just shy and not a snob. He is probably wondering how I got the nerve to walk up to him and say “hi’ at the AHI benefit. I really don’t know. I am so weird.
At the end of the show I held out my Acoustic Guitar magazine with him on the cover and he signed it for me. He still did not look at me or say anything to me. I guess he is just as odd as I am. LOL
Old 08-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Rhode Island Catholic schools=messed up boy shyness? Do we have the same syndrome?
Old 08-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I went to public school. I too am a shy girl when it comes to the boys. I think i'll build myself a bridge and get over it at the concert if I end up with front row
Old 08-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Rhode Island Catholic schools=messed up boy shyness? Do we have the same syndrome?
LOL No I did not really go to Catholic school. I hated it.
I am just one messed up Rhode Islander.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So will you be coming to the UK Pattie??

Pip
Old 08-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Well, I went to public school. I too am a shy girl when it comes to the boys. I think i'll build myself a bridge and get over it at the concert if I end up with front row
I have a feeling you'll "let the crisis become a bridge and cross that bridge tomorrow..."
Old 08-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I have a feeling you'll "let the crisis become a bridge and cross that bridge tomorrow..."
Must. Make. Eye. Contact. With. Lindsey. (pending i even freaking get tickets...i have none thus far *le sigh*)But If I end up front row, I don't think i'd ever be ballsy enough to Not even for his birthday. LOL