The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Fan-friendly Night In Louisiana!

Well, I am at the Shreveport airport typing my review. I hope I dont forget anything.....First off, I have to say hi to Pattie, Greg, Jan, Penny, and Ryan. (I am probably forgetting a few, forgive me!!) It was a pleasure meeting you guys! Pattie, like always, you are a true fan, and a great friend. We had so much fun!

OK, first off, security.........I didnt bring any gifts for Stevie cause I thought security wwould be tight. Boy was I wrong, they didnt even check Patties purse!!! I was oh so pissed! Some girl next to me brought **3** bouquets of roses. Around 6:15 we arrived at the venue, just after the band. It seemed they were running late. We went into will call to gte our tickets, and they didnt have patties ticket in the computer!!! She was getting very upset, and believe me, I would have too. They finally found her ticket. As we were exiting, the soundcheck began with "Dreams", so Pattie and I stayed to hear it, but of course, they kicked us out half-way through. We could still here sound-check outside the arena. After "Dreams" they did "Tthe Chain". The show started around 8:40...later than usual.

"The Chain" was just amazing, as always. Right before the concert, I picked as spot just to the right of Stevies mic, great location too. The security let us stand there the entire night. Well, while Stevie was doing her little pre-chain marching dance, she looked at me, and I gave her a little wave, and she responded by giving me a "tamborine-wave"
My face as I crapped myslef of course, lol! This was the first of MANY Stevie and me moments. I have to add that Stevie was DEFINETLY interacting with the crowd last night. But the crowd was DEAD! At one point I turned around during "Never Going Back Again" and we were the only ones standing. Worse than the Ft Lauderdale show!!! Other than that though, the show was great. The set-list was the same, so I wont go song by song. But during Eyes, Stevie was standing by the side of the stage and looked at me again, so I blew her a kiss and said that "we love her" and she got a big old smile on her face! Then, during "Landslide", while she was singing the "I'm getting older too" line, I signed the 5-5 sign and she was holding in the laughter! I thought she was going to kick me out of her mic! lol.

Lindsey was AMAZING!!!! No surprise, I'm sure. "I'm So Afraid" he was going so crazy his guitar chord wrapped around Stevies mic and knocked it down!!! lol! Then during "Silver Springs" he looked out into the crowd and went "shhh!" and looked at Stevie....kinda like "I wont tell if you dont tell". It was really funny. I'm trying to think of any more moments, but I'm pretty sure thats the major stuff. Overall, it was an AMAZING night! I am so glad I made the trek to Louisiana. What a worth-while trip.....One I will never forget.

Hope you enjoyed the reveiw! If I think of anything else I'll let you know!

OOH! OK, I brought Lindsey a Fritz t-shirt, and he took it, but didnt know what was on it... . I also got Stevies set-list, so I have a nice souvenier to take home....and Pattie finally got a good autograph

~Alex

Old 08-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

thanks for the review
apparently, the crowd was "dazzled"

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Fan-friendly Night In Louisiana!

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
"I'm So Afraid" he was going so crazy his guitar chord wrapped around Stevies mic and knocked it down!!! lol!
lol!! I can imagine that perfectly!!!

Great review!

So was anyone allowed to play Lindsey's guitar? If the crowd was as dead as you say it was...did anyone even try??

Old 08-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

can uou tell us more about the sound check, were there any songs that they don't in concert done. You said you could here the whole thing rihgt

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review! I can totally feel your excitement. I love the fan interractions!! Priceless....

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 08-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a great time.

- Jake
Old 08-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They only performed "Dreams" and "the Chain" for the sound check. They kicked us out, so we couldn't here any small talk.

Yes, people were allowed to play, but the crowd SUCKED!!

~Alex

Old 08-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Fan-friendly Night In Louisiana!

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
lol!! I can imagine that perfectly!!!

Great review!

So was anyone allowed to play Lindsey's guitar? If the crowd was as dead as you say it was...did anyone even try??

Yep....several people including myself strummed Lindsey's guitar.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They only performed "Dreams" and "the Chain" for the sound check. They kicked us out, so we couldn't here any small talk.

Yes, people were allowed to play, but the crowd SUCKED!!

~Alex
After reading this & remembering last week's lame crowd in El Paso, I'd almost petition for a Ledgies-only concert performance.
But we'd probably be at one another's throats over who gets front row. Unless, of course, we could agree on the only mature thing, putting me up there.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then, during "Landslide", while she was singing the "I'm getting older too" line, I signed the 5-5 sign and she was holding in the laughter! I thought she was going to kick me out of her mic! lol.

~Alex
Hi,
What's the 5-5 sign? Sorry if I'm dumb.

Also I read in another review that some girl got Lindsey to bend down to kiss her on the cheek then right then turned her face and kissed him on the mouth. What was that about? Did he get mad? Not that I'm getting any ideas or anything.....

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 08-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by AliP
Hi,
What's the 5-5 sign? Sorry if I'm dumb.

Also I read in another review that some girl got Lindsey to bend down to kiss her on the cheek then right then turned her face and kissed him on the mouth. What was that about? Did he get mad? Not that I'm getting any ideas or anything.....
Hey there. The 5-5 sign is referring to Stevie turning 55 on her birthday. In the past concerts...she has signed that herself when she sings "I'm getting older too" during Landslide.

I was the one that posted about the girl kissing Lindsey....I was leaning against the stage....had just strummed his guitar...she pushed in front of me and motioned for him to kiss her on the cheek. As he was about to kiss her on the cheek....she turned her head and plastered one right on his lips. He wasn't upset at all....in fact....actually seemed to enjoy it. Let's just say...she wasn't the least bit ugly. LOL

~Penny
Old 08-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Penny,
That must have been the same one that had Lindsey sign her stomach She was very forward. These woman act like total tramps around him. Its sickining.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Penny,
That must have been the same one that had Lindsey sign her stomach She was very forward. These woman act like total tramps around him. Its sickining.
I may be wrong but I don't think so Hon. After the lip lock...this girl got the boot by security. She wasn't there long.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This one just about jumped on stage and lifted her shirt up! Lindsey is the new Tom Jones of rock and roll. LOL

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 08-11-2003 at 04:24 PM..
Old 08-10-2003, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ahh...a boot well worth it i'm sure. I guess I shouldn't have him sign my chest then. Damn. LMAO. Jake, if Stevie was bendy like Madonna darling, and you were in the front row, she'd totally plant one on you if you motioned to your cheek...lol. We'll put you in front of Stevie and me in front of Lindsey. And of course, once you tell Stevie your Stripper name, she won't be able to not ravage you.....LOL!!!

I read Mick's board and they were all acting like it's someone they all know that had her stomach signed (Erika??). Who the hell gets their stomach signed?!? If you're reading this and you were totally intending to go there, why not go the extra mile and get a good body part signed??