User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2003, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Camera Sneaking

Well let me tell you about my little camera adventures.

My first show was the Cleveland show. The security guard at the door asked me if I had a cell phone or a camera?
I said "well I have a cell phone". He asked to see it and I turned it on and off for him. Then he says I am all set and I can go into the arena.
Before the show and announcement is made that no recordings OR FLASH photography is allowed.
So I just turned off my flash. Now mind you my photos did not come out very good. But I got 2 OK ones of Lindsey.

My next show was E. Rutherford, NJ. I had the camera in my pocketbook covered with papers and things. I brought a gift bag with a card and small bear to give to Stevie for her birthday. The security lady just looked in the gift bag and said, "oh is that a gift"? I told her it was. Next she fished thru my pocketbook and pulls out the camera. "This HAS to go back to the car" she says. I tell her that there IS NO car. I came by bus from NYC. She asks me very rudely "Well where is your bus ticket?" I pull it out for her. Well, another person who came on the bus with us is hassled about a camera.
This person came all the way from Sweden to NYC to see the concert. She offers to take out the film. Well security won't do that. They tell us to go in BUT don't use the cameras!!
Lets just say that I don't listen very well.

I only got about 8 out of 36 pictures that came out OK. I was not too close, however.

On to Worcester. Well I had 5th row for both nights and I made sure that I was going to try and take my camera in.
Well I also bought a disposable with me.
Well, I had the camera in my bag. So a few friends I met up had this bright idea to put the camera elsewhere. I put mine in my bra and I evened it out with some "padding".
When we got in I was horrified to see them wanding.
One of my friends said "oh they will think it is your gold charm that is making it go off."
Well, I was nervous. I did not get to give Stevie the gift bag in NJ because I was afraid to fall down the stairs. So I figured I would wait till Tuesday night cause I was closer.
So I came with the bag in my hand. The security did not let anyone in with a gift, signs, flowers, etc. They said they would give them to the band. He did not even ask to look in my handbag and I think he only wanded my back. He said I was all set to go into the arena.
I got it in!! I took 2 rolls of 36 exposure 1600 speed film and the Kodak disposable. That Kodak one did not come out, I only got the backs of the people in front of me.
I took one roll to be developed. I will find out Monday if any came out.
Wednesday I put the camera in my handbag and the disposable in the bra.
No problem getting them in again.
I had a big huge guy standing in front of me all night. I was NOT a happy camper!!!! Plus he had a few TOO many!!
I could not get a nice view of Lindsey. I did have a clear shot of Stevie most of the night. I did not have that the night before because some guy kept jumping up and down.
The security guy sat about 2 seats from me. I had to sneak the camera out when he was gone from his chair. If you don't think I was a happy camper again.
I got 2 more rolls of the same type of film plus a Fuji disposable. I don't know if either of those came out yet. I am hopeful that I got a few good ones of Stevie.
My next 2 shows are in FL and I hear that Tampa is not allowing them.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 06-01-2003 at 08:32 AM..
Old 05-31-2003, 11:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for the story. Gives me some ideas.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

WELL The Fuji disposable did NOT come out at all. I took it to CVS and they were all blank
Some people have good luck with them I guess I am not one of them. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 4 rolls of 35mm film I took.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Well, got my Fujii disposable camera in @ the Philly show, but my pics were horrible. I showed my pics to my Dad who said, "Where are they?" They all looked like ants! And it was kind of dark. I was in row 16 on the floor, so I guess I can't expect anything else. I wish I had had my automatic 35 mm camera with the little zoom lens on it. Then the pics might have turned out better, but I was afraid they would take my camera if they saw it. Oh, well.

Lee
Old 06-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I had 5th row for the show. The Fuji one was BLANK nothing was on it. Not even ants. LOL. I did not use a flash. I used a flash with the Kodak one and only got the backs of the people in front of me.
I bring in a disposable anyway from now on. To use it as a decoy. I figure if they don't allow cameras they will see that first and make a big fuss.
In Worcester they were too busy harrasing people over bringing in their own bottled water.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Here's my camera experiance at Pittsburgh

Well, what fun I had taking these, I snuck the camera in and then at the begining of the show an announcer comes on and says no flash photography, so great (I wasn't gonna use a flash anyway).

So started taking some shots and they were not coming out too good, so I turned my attention to the overhead projector which were black and white shots, pretty good.

Then worked out why my shots were going wrong and used the camera alot during Landslide, at this point security called me out and made me delete all the photos except for four of the black and white ones ( I pleaded to keep these and the guy let me, but I had to promise to not use the camera again), appearantly you cannot use digital photography, only anologue!!

So back to my seat and the security are glaring at me all through the rest of the show, even when I had the binoculars out, I am sure they thought I was taking pictures again.

Anyway as you can imagine I was pretty pissed that I had to delete the colour pictures, but I wasn't getting chucked out or losing my media stick. So it was not too bad.

And got home, used some fantastic software on the memory stick and guess what the pictures are back!!

To see the shots, just see this page below
- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/photo...our_pitts.html

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 06-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Unhappy

hmm... i don't think all these posts about fuji failure bode well for my disposable camera (also a fuji). i smuggled mine into the worcester centrum arena by wrapping it in the t-shirt i bought there. when they did the wand i just put the t-shirt, binoculars, and pack of cigarettes on the table. (the cigarette box contained a small digital recorder--so even if they wanded that stuff, i could just say 'oh, that's just the foil in the cigarette box making the wand go off').

the usher/guard was staring up into my section the whole night (why wasn't he watching the concert?) and i only dared take a picture when he was checking somebody's floor seats ticket or looking away. but then he caught me and i figured what the hell, he's seen me, might as well not be furtive about it so i just started snapping away. perhaps he noticed i had a fuji and knew nothing would come out anyway.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

You guys are scaring me! My Fuji disposable is being developed right now. I hope they turn out...my only disappointment right now is that I wasn't paying attention to how many pix I was taking and I took the last one while LB was letting people play his guitar during GYOW. I could have had SO many more good ones after that. Oh well, keeping my fingers crossed...

Is JT in cahoots w/ Fuji? How can they get away w/ selling these crappy disposables??
Old 06-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, I just got my pics back and I'd say about 1/2 of them came out "decent." Some are crystal clear, and some are very grainy. I noticed that the clearest ones were when the white, eye-level lights are on. When I say eye-level, I mean the band's eye level. The developer guy told me that only a professional lab can do that "push processing" that someone else here mentioned...I didn't want to pay extra for that and even though the place I go is a 1-hour grocery store lab, I've been taking my pics there for years, they know me there, and they do a very good job w/ all my pics.

Had I been able to use a flash, I'm sure some of the darker ones would have turned out better. I used a Fuji disposable, with 800-speed film. Also, if you are flying, do NOT put anything higher than 400-speed through the X-ray machine at security and definitely do NOT put any cameras or film in your checked luggage, because the X-rays they use for that are like 10 times stronger than the X-rays in the terminal. The security people are used to hand-inspecting 800-speed or higher and are very understanding.

Okay, I'll be posting them soon, laterz!
Old 06-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
Okay, I just got my pics back and I'd say about 1/2 of them came out "decent."
Well I am glad that at least half came out. Now I am totally frightened to see mine. I sure hope some come out. I did get a flash one around the end when the few rows ahead of me, went towards the stage so it was open with no heads..lol.
I will drop them off tomorrow or wed. Gosh how can I stand the wait? I can't wait to see yours Livia. I sure hope someone got your long hand shake on camera..that would be priceless
Anyone else got the post concert blahs?

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
Anyone else got the post concert blahs?

Tamara
I have them in a big way. But at least my hangover(s) are gone!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I have them in a big way. But at least my hangover(s) are gone!!!!

LOL...but so worth it they were. I am glad your party went off without a hitch.
I am still looking into the Dallas thing..so far no luck ..but I am stil searching.

Tammy

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I snuck in a 110 camera loaded with Kodak film for my second night at Worcester and hopefully I will get something back on Thursday and not a total washout as that would be a bummer
I have never had luck with Fuji film, I avoid it at all costs.
I was in row 2 and unfortunately the girl behind me got caught with a camera which was not taken from her but she was advised to cease, So let's just say I was in an area of heavy watching by the Centrum guards. I tried my best with no flash and then letting loose with the flash at the end when they did their goodbyes. Hopefully, I have a decent pic or two.

Well, the ones with no flash did not come out be the ones at the end did, a few are blurry but I have about four very nice ones which is better than nothing at all.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009

Last edited by macmar71; 06-04-2003 at 09:52 PM..
Old 06-03-2003, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
LOL...but so worth it they were. I am glad your party went off without a hitch.
I am still looking into the Dallas thing..so far no luck ..but I am stil searching.

Tammy
I know - it looks like work may conflict with Dallas. So, that is all in the air now, etc. I may, however go to the Phoenix show. Damn my work schedule!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Pattie, from your Meadowlands pics it looks like you were in Section 120 or 121 which was directly across from me. I was in section 109 on the opposite side of the arena. I noticed that someone brought in a video camera and was using it all night (the little red light was lit most of the time). He/She was in the 10th or 11th row Section 121 directly across from me in an end seat next to section 120. Have you heard anything about a video coming out for the show???

I should have brought a camera myself, I was not stopped or searched at all...isn't that always the way??

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64