User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
way to go C. I'm proud of you. and thanks for the links...I was looking for something like that.

Paula - I've known people who felt the same way. it was like they "thought" too much while running...it just didn't work. I guess the trick is to find something you can do and somewhat enjoy and that works. now that I've told you that, I have no suggestions on what those things may be.
I'm the same way when I try to run. I hate running. Last time I gave it 2 most before throwing in the towel. I just hate it. HATE. So I do the elliptical.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
While having a tiny gain or loss like that is demoralizing, it only really matters to people who take the scale so seriously, which is the worst attitude and least effective way to lose weight for good. I should know, I'm one of them!! If you feel like you did everything right and your clothes feel better, then you're doing well. And taking the number on the scale so seriously is only going to screw you up and keep your focus where it shouldn't be.
This is exactly right. People place too much importance on the number their scale tells them when they stand on it. That number includes many sources that comprise your weight...muscle, water, fat, etc. Don't get preoccupied with that number or you'll psyche yourself out and stop exercising/eating right. Don't get discouraged! Throw your scale out .
Old 10-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Throw your scale out .
thats what I did Im FREEEEEEEEEEE
Old 10-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Wha-wha-what? Down an additional pound this week, in addition to that strange pound that somehow fell off while I was downing cappucinos, eating pasta & sucking down beers last weekend in Cleveland for the Lindsey show.

Apparently, something woke my body up. I'm no longer stuck at the plateau. Down a total of 6 pounds total. And I'm still exercising regularly, which is the best part.
yay! good job and congrats on getting over the plateau.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
yay! good job and congrats on getting over the plateau.
Ditto--way to go Paula...I knew you'd do it!
Old 10-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've lost another 1.5 pounds. but now I forgot what my starting weight was. I know you're like, how. I know, I'm kinda puzzled as to how I "forgot" myself. I'm just gonna have to pick what I think it was and go from there. I think I'm just confusing myself. at any rate, I've lost about 21.5 pounds so far all together. I got a scale yesterday that measures weight, body fat and water weight. I have yet to figure out exactly how it works. it says it sends a "low current" through your body.

yeah, I paid $50 to shock myself. smart Jazzy...smart.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I tried the "couch to 5K" plan yesterday for the first time and I'm happy to report that I did not die. I liked it a lot, actually. The dog? Not so much. I took him with me, and he seemed to love the fast pace at first. But the last 7 or 8 minutes he was really tired. So I won't torture him again. Hit the elliptical this morning too.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I tried the "couch to 5K" plan yesterday for the first time and I'm happy to report that I did not die. I liked it a lot, actually. The dog? Not so much. I took him with me, and he seemed to love the fast pace at first. But the last 7 or 8 minutes he was really tired. So I won't torture him again. Hit the elliptical this morning too.
i'm glad you didn't die. are you going to continue with it?

i'm feeling so ****ty. my back hurts worse today than the last 2 days. i can't get out and do anything, and i've gained 2 pounds back.

on the other hand, i've had a ton of time to catch up on watching janet jackson videos on youtube.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Yup, I did my second run yesterday morning before work - minus Bubba. I'm sure he appreciated that.

Did you try an urgent care center? If your back is still hurting this badly, you may have a disc problem. I know it's expensive, but you really need to get checked out. Can't you ask your mom for the money? It's the least she could do, that whore.

And don't worry about the weight - you lost a bunch already, you can easily lose it again once you're better. Whatever you do, DO NOT try to exercise until your pain is gone - you could make the injury worse.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

I have quit smoking and just started running..my poor lungs...UGH!
Old 11-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ Yup, I did my second run yesterday morning before work - minus Bubba. I'm sure he appreciated that.
cool! good for you.

Quote:
Did you try an urgent care center? If your back is still hurting this badly, you may have a disc problem. I know it's expensive, but you really need to get checked out. Can't you ask your mom for the money? It's the least she could do, that whore.

And don't worry about the weight - you lost a bunch already, you can easily lose it again once you're better. Whatever you do, DO NOT try to exercise until your pain is gone - you could make the injury worse.
i haven't gone to an urgent care place yet ... i really thought it was getting better, until last night. if it doesn't improve by friday, i'll go. yeah, my mother the whore... she has been less than understanding about this. i asked her to bring me some food on her way home from work on monday, and she was like, "FOOD? what kind of food??" she did bring me dinner, but wouldn't help me when i needed to get groceries later. when i told her i took mon-fri off to rest my back, she said, wow, you're going to be broke. when i told her i needed to go to the med center but had no money, she said gee, that's rough. thanks mom.

i'm not going to try to exercise ... i mean, i went for a walk yesterday, but that's all i've done. this lack of exercise on top of my lack of mulah to deal with this sitch is really exacerbating my depression/anxiety issues. i'm having an anxiety attack right now - blah. i'll be ok - i never have severe attacks, it just sucks.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
I have quit smoking and just started running..my poor lungs...UGH!
Take it slow. Most people feel worse for the first 6 months after quitting. You may actually have a harder time breathing, and you'll probably cough more because your lungs are healing & they want to expell all the crap that's accumulated in them.

Quote:
cool! good for you.

i haven't gone to an urgent care place yet ... i really thought it was getting better, until last night. if it doesn't improve by friday, i'll go. yeah, my mother the whore... she has been less than understanding about this. i asked her to bring me some food on her way home from work on monday, and she was like, "FOOD? what kind of food??" she did bring me dinner, but wouldn't help me when i needed to get groceries later. when i told her i took mon-fri off to rest my back, she said, wow, you're going to be broke. when i told her i needed to go to the med center but had no money, she said gee, that's rough. thanks mom.

i'm not going to try to exercise ... i mean, i went for a walk yesterday, but that's all i've done. this lack of exercise on top of my lack of mulah to deal with this sitch is really exacerbating my depression/anxiety issues. i'm having an anxiety attack right now - blah. i'll be ok - i never have severe attacks, it just sucks.

Wow, your mom really is a total whore. Sorry about that.

I'm glad you're at least able to walk. That's a good thing. And don't get too upset about everything - think about it in the grand scheme of things. This is a temporary setback. You will not be broke forever. You will be able to exercise again. Your mom will not always be a whore. Wait, maybe not that one....
Old 11-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, your mom really is a total whore. Sorry about that.

I'm glad you're at least able to walk. That's a good thing. And don't get too upset about everything - think about it in the grand scheme of things. This is a temporary setback. You will not be broke forever. You will be able to exercise again. Your mom will not always be a whore. Wait, maybe not that one....
thanks. i know it'll get better, i just have to repeat that to myself every 5 seconds or so. for some reason, these janet jackson videos are cheering me up.

-carrie "miss conshohocken if ya nasty" c.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
cool! good for you.

There might be a clinic near you where you pay on a sliding scale. Maybe check the yellow pages? Or switchboard.com? Your mother sucks. Paula's right, don't worry about your weight or anything else right now for that matter, just healing.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

carrie...are you taking any anti-inflam (motrin) as suggested?