User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She is playing the innocent Stevie card here. She sounded decent? Too little too late?

Not in my book. If you throw someone out a window and you ignore their communications for help or explanation, its and outrage you dare say something at a later date if that person almost dies. If you accept this as "decent" or anything else you have been sucked into their world.

The offer was 10 million dollars or Lindsey Buckingham and Legacy. They took the money and ran.

I hope I am not alone but I sort of feel that way on this board. You can take your phony snow covered hills dedication elsewhere.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
Agreed. We've seen her true colors. $he's a nasty person, who's completely self absorbed, and surrounded by a bunch of yes people. I actually think her life is pretty pathetic.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She caused this rift and it is up to her to repair it. Who in their right mind would want to end on a bad a note with someone who could possibly die and somebody you wronged? That karma will eat you alive.
If she wanted to play nice again she should have dedicated the song to him instead of saying "so you know".

But of course a dedication is a LONG step, considering what happened last year. It's like letting him win.

Part of me wants to believe that she did it spontaneously, because Birmingham means Buckingham Nicks, and she also unconsciously (or not) waited until yesterday to acknowledge his surgery because of the same reason and because she of course knows he dedicated SUD to him. BUT I just hate her "I'm just innocent" attitude. I hate it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
If she wanted to play nice again she should have dedicated the song to him instead of saying "so you know".

But of course a dedication is a LONG step, considering what happened last year. It's like letting him win.

Part of me wants to believe that she did it spontaneously, because Birmingham means Buckingham Nicks, and she also unconsciously (or not) waited until yesterday to acknowledge his surgery because of the same reason and because she of course knows he dedicated SUD to him. BUT I just hate her "I'm just innocent" attitude. I hate it.
Well I get you. She has ruined the last few years of the Mac and stopped a new album.... she has caused Fleetwood Mac to end on a negative note. The only person who needs to find a way to fix it is her.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I get you. She has ruined the last few years of the Mac and stopped a new album.... she has caused Fleetwood Mac to end on a negative note. The only person who needs to find a way to fix it is her.
She should have been the first one to reach out to him. But she didn't.

And instead she's talking about Lindsey's surgery like it's nothing. I don't think she's regretting anything to be honest.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I warned you guys about this years ago and you never listened.

I know these were intended as zingers and there's an aptly "sortasavagelike" edge to them, but these collages are actually brilliant--quite funny and oddly evocative. They do what a lot of great pomo collages do: they collapse levels of reality into a new reality that could never have been imagined without the existence of the collage itself. I know this sounds all high falutin, but really, these pics kind of made my month.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Well I thought that was funny Phil....just balanced up the scales a little bit.
Latrodectus is not a good image to have out there, i guess. gotta counteract it.

balance this:
  • he was wronged. when back in Birmingham, AL, he dedicates a song to the person who wronged him.
  • she wronged him. it almost killed him. when back in Birmingham, AL she doesn't dedicate a song to the person she wronged, who is recuperating from almost dying a week ago.

she does say: “And I would like to, as long as we’re saying this (the BN story), I would like you to know that I certainly want all my good wishes to go out to Lindsey. I know he’s going to get better because he has to, so I know he’s going to..."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BN had surprise success here, and speaking of that by the way ....

We all know that if it had happened to Don Henley her stage comments would be a lot different.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Birmingham success was what, 45 YEARS ago? Those fans are approaching nursing home age!
Old 02-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Well this has been an interesting little experiment because I feel the same way, Louie, and it kind of sounds like we're in the minority? Unless she's intending to make a (usually sharp) point,
after cooling down, i think i agree with both of you.

still, it makes it completely clear she is completely and sadly spineless coward. because this is the situation where she should make that one sharp point. but she'd rather coast and repeat [re-scripted platitudes. it's all phenomenal and fresh. right.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2019, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of age, back when I was a (dumb) shipper I would’ve said that she kept her comments brief because to expound would’ve had her choked up in tears, convulsed with emotion. And I would’ve rhapsodized that she said he HAD to get better because the thought of him not making a full recovery paralyzed her with fear.

So, I grew up as a Sonny and Cher fan and Chaz (then still Chastity) said when he called his mom to tell her Sonny was dead, to his surprise she broke down in hysterics (25 years after the divorce) and he had to scramble to get his Aunt Georgianne on the phone to calm her down.

I was so touched by the story. But Cher was always like that. She dragged Sonny through the mud, but she never let anyone else do it. One interviewer said Sonny had a bad voice and she was like, “Bob Dylan had a bad voice, what’s your point.”

One time the Los Angeles Times gave Sonny’s restaurant a bad review and I wrote in to complain, but Cher best me to the punch. She wrote that the review was so biased she could have used it for a dress pattern.

Neither Stevie nor Lindsey had that sense of protectiveness about the other, but I guess I told myself otherwise for many, many years.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
after cooling down, i think i agree with both of you.
But I liked your “despise” so don’t revoke that, please.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She caused this rift and it is up to her to repair it. Who in their right mind would want to end on a bad a note with someone who could possibly die and somebody you wronged? That karma will eat you alive.
one would hope.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The offer was 10 million dollars or Lindsey Buckingham and Legacy. They took the money and ran.
aptly stated!

Old 02-14-2019, 08:21 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

The thought of this coupled with Lindsey's recent heart problems? Sigh. I've just got no more words.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was when they were fans... I was one of those people... I’m saying she lost a lot of those fans. I’m not really a fan anymore.
Yet it was just a couple of months ago that you posted your oh-so-compelling video lobbying for her induction into the RRHOF.